Did We Discourage Your Guys Or What

118 replies to this topic

#41 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Ha ha ha. I would bookmark this thread, but all know it will be deleted very soon after mercenary leave for other factions.

#42 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostZenFool, on 29 January 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Fyi, we had a number of guys who had never dropped CW and were showing them what we do. We were far more interested in describing our tactics than winning, hence the drop on foreign soil. With a unit as large as ours, your not always gonna get our a team. You'll run into our more comp. units soon and probably won't screenshot that one. If you want a rematch, why don't you get through Jade Falcon space. We'll be waiting.

^^ This is exactly my point they don't care about winning so lets lose a Kurita planet.

#43 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 29 January 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

It may have something to do with the Davion units defending Kurita from the Clans instead of defending... themselves... from... Kurita?

Posted Image

I ended up pugging the clan border last night a bit too. Literally may not have been enough other days on for them to fill 12. CSG farming pugs and ghosting the Kurita border is the only option we have. It's frustrating.

#44 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

I see, throwing games on DC space to get in good with the clans. Davion snakes are wise.

#45 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 29 January 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

I see, throwing games on DC space to get in good with the clans. Davion snakes are wise.

All the mercs are with csj. Clanners only play when there are mercs carrying them. All other Clan borders are pretty quiet - maybe 12v12.

Glorious Clan Honor demands that mostly IS mercs do their fighting. Otherwise Thunderbolt oni hurt them and they must flee cw until their Lizard Mercenary Overlords return.

#46 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

The IS "defend vs. Clans" queue is the sinkhole for all the dregs to come to for CW, since any faction's players can "defend" a world against a Clan force, even if it isn't theirs. With as many easy wins as that results in for Clan forces, it's not surprising the Kuritan regulars turned south where you can't have randomly random randumbs leaving your defense more porous than a sponge.

Davion just hit +/- 0 worlds as of last ceasefire, now that Kurita's decided to face the one opponent they can't be sabotaged (deliberately or otherwise) against.

#47 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Didn´t you hear, Jags?

Anti-Clan / Mega-Merc tactic 101:

Make them turret drop until they are so bored they just go somewhere else to troll.

Your efforts were cute, but not substantial. I give you a 1/10. You tried.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 29 January 2015 - 04:37 PM.

#48 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 29 January 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

All the mercs are with csj. Clanners only play when there are mercs carrying them. All other Clan borders are pretty quiet - maybe 12v12.

Glorious Clan Honor demands that mostly IS mercs do their fighting. Otherwise Thunderbolt oni hurt them and they must flee cw until their Lizard Mercenary Overlords return.

Understandable fear, given that Timberwolves and Stormcrows are very underpowered. PGI please think about adding quirks to remedy this injustice.

#49 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 29 January 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

I'm curious to know which units comprise the seemingly immeasurable mass of mercs signed with CSJ right now. QQ already left like a week ago, 228 has maybe a day or two left on their contract, and who else? DERP is permcon, so I wouldn't call them mercs. REM and BSM have a couple planets each, but at least in our case I know we're too small to have a significant effect on the faction.

Who else is "carrying" CSJ?

Edited by Vlad Ward, 29 January 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#50 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 29 January 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'm curious to know which units comprise the seemingly immeasurable mass of mercs signed with CSJ right now. QQ already left like a week ago, 228 has maybe a day or two left on their contract, and who else? DERP is permcon, so I wouldn't call them mercs. REM and BSM have a couple planets each, but at least in our case I know we're too small to have a significant effect on the faction.

QQ left a week ago, SJR just left as well, 228th is about to leave. Is it a coincidence that last night was the first time we stopped CSJ from capturing a planet post NA ceasefire? I think not. We did so with a pick up group formed on the HK server. The bigger Merc units have left or are on their way out, good luck gaining more ground against House Kurita now.

Edited by pwnface, 29 January 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#51 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

REM have a couple planets each, but at least in our case I know we're too small to have a significant effect on the faction.

Just curious too. Do you really think 1 planet is a "couple"? :D

Edited by Reitmeier, 29 January 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#52 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 29 January 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Just curious too. Do you really think 1 planet is a "couple"? :D

We had 3, but our tags got poofed by random ghost drops (1 12 would ghost-attack it and leave, another 12 would ghost-counterattack an hour later and leave and get the new tag). I watched it happen on our border worlds. It made me sadface. Can't earn the tag back unless Kurita attacks the planet, either.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 29 January 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#53 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 29 January 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

We had 3, but our tags got poofed by random ghost drops (1 12 would ghost-attack it and leave, another 12 would ghost-counterattack an hour later and leave and get the new tag). I watched it happen on our border worlds. It made me sadface.

Happens to all units and as long as the planets stays at Kurita its no problem for me

Edited by Reitmeier, 29 January 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#54 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Did the Kurita guy get upset that we defended their planet with some of our lower ranked players? Alienate everyone around you and find yourself looking like the FRR. We did keep an organized attacking unit occupied for longer than the pug group they would have gotten so your welcome.

As for that being a good match, meh. It wasn't a complete stomp, but we could have put up a better fight. Hope to see you on the field of battle again.

#55 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

Deleted my post huh?

Wow you guys really cannot take any criticism.

MWO Community Warfare has serious imbalances in game play.

#56 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 29 January 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

nope, too much fun attacking davion, maybe you guys could come join us :D

Well I give them a couple of weeks and you wish will be granted.

#57 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

View PostSimon Osis, on 29 January 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

The Merc units that come to CSJ on temp contracts......were never invited by the perma-con CSJ units, we fight our own fights just fine ty........

Hey, dude, I have a shocking revelation for you:

The units that permanently commit to a faction? They don't have to invite - or discourage - merc units from choosing a specific faction

Know why?

Because they have absolutely no influence on the choices other people choose to make.

The 'I'm part of a perm contract, therefore my opinion is more important" just makes you - and the unit who's actions you represent - look like humorless tools.

I suggest dropping the attitude. Your fecal matter is as malodorous as my own

#58 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

"I know the reason why I stopped dropping CW is that roughly 90% of the matches don't even matter. So you spend 30 minutes waiting for a drop, drop, and then it doesn't matter if it's not right before the ceasefire.

The ceasefire mechanic needs to go. Just change it up to total percentage or something (and ghost drops don't count, so you actually have to drop against 12 other mechs). I mean, I do this for fun on the side - I can't be there during that golden area right before a ceasefire. Seriously a world can go from 100% owned to 100% captured in that little window, it doesn't matter if you've won 90/100 games: if you lost the last 10, that world's changing hands.

That makes it pointless for anyone not dropping during that window. And that? That is why I stopped dropping in CW - time's better spent in PUG matches and playing around with fun, rarely-used mechs rather than a boring parade of FS As and 9Ses versus an endless stream of Crows and Timberwolves
"
Dawnstealer

-------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^----------------------------------------------------

This is but one of the problems of the MWO Community Warfare game mode.

Edited by Aidan, 29 January 2015 - 06:06 PM.

#59 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

The point is that the numbers of players in CW isn't very large. It doesn't take a gigantic influx of players to shift the tables: a few dedicated merc units that know when to drop will do it. Look what happened when Steiner had the mercs with us: we jammed CJF all the way back to the Periphery.

Everywhere the mercs go, that's the "powerhouse" for that timespan. I'd say that the merc mechanics need to change. No more than one or two per power or something. Or less money. Something. Right now, with all mercs flooding from power to the next, it's a massive imbalance and makes the game practically unplayable and truly unenjoyable...

...unless you join a merc faction, which really sucks for a Steiner Perm like me.

#60 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

Listen to Dawnstealer !!!

He is right on in his comments on the current rule set for MWO Community Warfare !

Please address these issues PGI !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users