Disconnected From Game Server

92 replies to this topic

#61 Ne0nite

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

Same thing here, had a little brake from MWO, came back and can't play anything.. Kicks me out of every match at the very start , with "Disconnected from game server" info.. Can't rejoin. so this game is now unplayable ?

#62 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:59 AM

Ok folks, for those still having this issue, Tech Support finally gave me something that worked.
[color=#2B2E2F]
Please perform clean install of your (Insert your gfx card here) graphic card drivers.
Download the manual installer: http://www.geforce.c...s/results/96883 (Not sure if this is all PC's, but worked for me)
Select the Custom install option
Check the 'Perform a clean install' box
Reboot
Run MWO and see if the issue persists
[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
Could you please also back up your C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online folder somewhere safe and then delete it?[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
Shut down the MWO client
Bring up your Start Menu
Search for and run Internet Options
Click the Advanced tab
Click the 'Reset...' button
In the next window, click the Reset button
Attempt to launch MWO
[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
Hope this helps those of you still having issues. Tested the game right after doing both of these and made a drop with no issues.[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
Cheers to:[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]
Olga Bugrova[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]Technical Support Representative[/color]
[color=#2B2E2F]Piranha Games[/color]

[color=#2B2E2F]For providing this fix, as I promised to her, I listed this fix here from our e-mails. Wish you all luck getting back in. To celebrate I bought my beautiful Re-Seen mech, the Marauder![/color]

Edited by Nyte Kitsune, 07 January 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#63 Talryn

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:27 AM

Tried both things.

Now I don't even get a "map loading" screen. It just goes black then disconnects.

This was 20 bucks well spent. :D

Kind of just writing the game off at this point.

#64 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

@Talryn - technical@mwomercs.com could not help you out? If you have not contacted them, suggest you do so.

#65 Tiger Joe

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:36 AM

I've been playing this lovely game for ±3 months. There has been a constant problem that I find really annoying... very frequently I will be prevented from connecting to the game server for a few hours. This has always been like that. Not something that happened after a patch.

I start by clicking the icon to play the game and log in. Having waited a minuet or so a big error screen comes up: stating "AN ERROR OCCURED" "unknown failure".

Once this occurs I can try as many times as I like; it will not let me proceed. But after a few hours it will again allow me to proceed again as if there never was a problem. It feels like a time out thing, but sometimes when my connection is quite slow it will work so I don't think its that. It feels quite random. The server is marked as online as well.

Is there any suggestion why this is? Anything I can do?

#66 Forrest_3

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:59 AM

I am new to MWO and for the last 2 and a half weeks it has worked just fine. But about 2 days ago I have been suffering from lags and disconnects particularly in Group and Faction drops. I received a lengthy email from tech support instructing me to perform various "geek squad" DNS flush, uninstall my firewall, run internet options etc..et al. What I want to know is how did this game run just fine until about 2-3 days ago and now its somehow up to me to fix it? My other MMO games work just fine such as World of Tanks, Armored Warfare.

#67 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:05 AM

I believe there have been some network routing changes recently that are causing problems. Not sure about the details but you should ask the support people you are in contact with.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 12 January 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#68 Forrest_3

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:12 AM

I did contact them and got the same info you posted above "Bring up start menu, run internet options, click advance tab.. etc". I am at work now and will try that upon getting home. Did that work for you?

#69 Forrest_3

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

OK.. did all the above "laundry list" and now the game only disconnects at the start of a Faction play. But I am still placed in the time out penalty box, or my Lance is for a disconnect that I did not do. PGI needs to fix this issue. I have a gaming computer and ALL other games work just fine.

#70 Periphones

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBavarian

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:36 AM

i get dissconected from gameserver....soooooo fix that Mechwarrior Developer...i payed any Euros for.

Kranzbuehler Hanns-Peter

#71 ChefJitsu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

I have been playing the game off and on for 2 1/2 years now. The disconnection problem is not nearly as bad as it was, and thanks for the ability to rejoin that is a much appreciated feature. But I am now having an issue where if I get disconnected I trigger some kind of warning and can not play a match for 5 minutes. I don't understand why I am being punished for doing nothing wrong. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there something wrong on my end? Don't get me wrong I am not angry at all but the wait to get into another match for doing nothing wrong seems harsh. o7

#72 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

This is an automatic penalty system to discourage players from intentionally disconnecting from a match if they get a map or mode they do not like or just to grief someone.

Unfortunately, the system cannot distinguish between an intentional and unintentional disconnect.

To avoid being penalised significantly, do not attempt to repeatedly rejoin a match if a rejoin attempt fails as the penalty increases each time a disconnect is detected within (if I recall correctly) a 24 hour period.

Instead, reboot your modem/router and computer before trying again to see if your connection can be stabilised then try again. If this also fails, you may choose to retry or wait for a while before trying to join a new match.

#73 Kyzero

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 4
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

I'm having this issue now in high frequency, I think since the latest patch.

Any suggestions?

#74 AdolfGhandi

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

Got the same problem since today. It starts loading FW map and then kicks me back to mechlab. Same thing happens when i try to rejoin.

#75 Drake Mordekai

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:35 PM

Well, i don't know if this is still a recurrent problem for MWO players out there but the same thing is happening to me now.
I gave the game a few months after the event chain in january (ish) and tried to log in now, bought a WHM-6D, and when i tried to play with it on quick match it loaded until i was kicked out back to mechlab.
Tried to rejoin, while loading the "Systems Online" music began to play and gave me hope, but it kicked me out again.
Shouldn't we expect a solving patch by now?

#76 Shakespeare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL USA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:11 AM

just had my first rash of repeat disconnects as well. Played 4 matches in a Nova, quick play, no problems. Swapped to an Atlas for what was to be my final match of the morning, and was disconnected as soon as the map selection screen clocked out. Logged back in and rejoined, played for 90 seconds, then was disconnected again . Rejoined AGAIN, and was only in match for about 30 seconds.

Logged off after that. Where is this coming from? Is Rejoin broken specifically? Is rapidly swapping mechs disruptive in some way? Is the new snow map just shite? (discuss!)

#77 Hendrik Grimm

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

Happening to me now. Thought i would join in on the thread that has been going on for over a year. Been playing for a few years now. I remember this happening to me a while back but don't know what the resolution was.

#78 NUSQUAM

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

Same here. Nothing has changed, PC is brand new, great specs, up to date, standard fixes don't work etc etc etc etc etc.

I'm racking up disconnect penalties.

Why am I being punished for something out of my control? Whats the point of that? I don't want the death, loss, and locked 'mech. That's penalty enough but now I'm waiting for increasing penalty timers. It's, frankly, ridiculous.

#79 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostEldan Sontim, on 27 June 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Ok, so I'm getting disconnected from the game server every few games.... BUT I don't get disconnected from the in game VOIP.. So i get booted to the login screen but can still hear the game continue. Anyone else having this problem?

Yepp same for me, but its only true for FP (since a good year where i started MWO), in QP there seems to be no ongoing connection for the VOIP.
Even i actually got a good internet connection (turned up from 16mbit to 50 mbit, with a 100 Ping from EU to NA Servers) it is still as crappy as before.

View Postp4r4g0n, on 18 April 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

This is an automatic penalty system ...
Unfortunately, the system cannot distinguish between an intentional and unintentional disconnect.

To avoid being penalised significantly, do not attempt to repeatedly rejoin a match if a rejoin attempt fails as the penalty increases each time a disconnect is detected within (if I recall correctly) a 24 hour period.

Im widely more often penelized for Discoing then for making an unintentionally teamkill in Faction Play. Its at minimun once a day, if im playin through my service provider disos every 24hrs - but that would be a arather good day with connecting with MWO :P
Got once up to 20 min penalty - good time for a break bigger then yust minutes.

Its also a shame you have to reload the full game machine, instead of the game yust tries to reconnect back.

Also tried to reinstall from time to time, but it not not helped me and, mostly no one else. Its yust a standard phrase by a technical call center, for not having to look on the problem.

#80 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

View PostBlackHeroe, on 01 June 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

-snip-

If this is happening frequently, have you contacted technical@mwomercs.com to report this issue? Usually it is a connection issue somewhere and they could try to identify the problem which you could then take up with your ISP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users