Troubleshooting Install & Patcher Issues

129 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

There are a couple of distinct issues that pop up for some players every patch cycle, and while we're working to resolve each of them behind-the-scenes I've compiled some of the recommended steps that you can take to hopefully resolve your particular issue(s).

Slow download speeds
  • Through your Start Menu, search for and run Internet Options
  • Click the Connections tab
  • Click the LAN Settings button
  • De-select the Automatically detect settings box
  • Depending on your configuration, it may also help to temporarily disable your firewall and/or anti-virus software.
'Applying Patch' process appears to hang, or is slow
It definitely can be slow, but more often than not it will complete. For now, try to let it do its thing. We're working to speed this up.
Just in case, run through these steps:
  • Temporarily disable your anti-virus software.
  • Ensure that the hard drive(s) containing your MWO install location and your Windows install location have sufficient space available. It is vital that your main Windows drive have at least 15% of its remaining capacity available.
  • Close any unnecessary software while running the patcher. Web browsers with multiple tabs open can sometimes be a particular issue.
'Downloading Install Base'
This usually occurs when our server provider has not updated the particular server node your patcher is accessing. For now I recommend closing down your patcher when this process begins.
Then, flush your DNS, and attempt the patch process again.

Flushing your DNS:
  • Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
  • Type cmd and hit Enter.
  • In the command prompt window, type:
  • ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
The patcher crashes when I open it or begin the patch process
  • Right-click on the MechWarriorOnline.exe (in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32 or custom MWO install folder)
  • Select Properties
  • Select the Compatibility tab
  • Check the 'Run this program as an administrator' box
  • Click OK
When there are a large number of patches required (after some time away), the patcher can experience general instability
In cases where you need to apply a number of patches, often after spending some time away from the game, I currently recommend that you instead attempt the patching process by using the MWO Repair Tool instead.

#2 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

The client is telling me that I'm missing the xinput1_3.dll and MSVCP100.dll files.

These two files are required for running the 64-bit version of the MechWarrior Online client. As of May 5th 2015, all 64-bit systems will automatically start the MWO client in 64-bit mode.

Please install the packages linked below:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=14632

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
https://www.microsof...aylang=en&id=35

#3 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

The client is telling me that I'm missing the xinput1_3.dll and MSVCP100.dll files.

Worked perfectly thank you!

#4 Dahr

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHangar 666

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

I need help , after the patch the game was not starting because it said that that file was missing and it suggested to reinstall game, i deleted it but cannot reinstall because it says ''MWO yet in your pc uninstall before reinstalling'' , but there is no more the program...
Sorry for my bad english

When i try to reinstall it say : 0x80070643 irreversible error :(

Edited by Dahr, 06 May 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#5 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 05 May 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=35

Watch out for the Bing Bar installer in this one. You can uncheck the box if you like to avoid random bloatware (like I do).

#6 Tiamat007

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:42 AM

I patched, repaired, got to the Play on the launcher, click it annnnnnnnnnnd nothing. I open task manager and it says the MWOClient is running but the game is not opening.

#7 Bloodwolf FFI

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

since the last patch everytime I connect and put my email n password in it tells me server under maintenaince and wont let me log in even though it already patched, please help....bloodbaine1@hotmail.com AKA Bloodwolf1199

#8 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

No luck here. The patcher gets to about 80% complete and crashes to desktop. Just started happening today.

#9 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:57 PM

Despite trying all of the above the the download is very slow I have even now uninstalled the patcher seems to be downloading at a snails pace. I have checked my speed and I am getting 50Mbps download but barely 10kbps with the installer

Not sure that I can do anything else

#10 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

Hmm...

I just couldn´t start the 64bit client. No Failure Message it just stops working...
Now i have to run the 32bit client and it works well. :( but not as good as the 64bit the last days :(

I am sad!

#11 BlacknDecker

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 19 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Hmm...

I just couldn´t start the 64bit client. No Failure Message it just stops working...
Now i have to run the 32bit client and it works well. :( but not as good as the 64bit the last days :(

I am sad!

I'm having the same issue even after running the repair tool. :(

#12 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

I wrote an email to the support!
But i guess i won´t get an answer soon :(

#13 RottenAwfulPilot

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

I have run the repair tool 7 times. Repaired Objects.pak twice, and three different level paks (1 level three times!?). Why is it that after every patch I have to run the repair tool? Why is it that I have to run the repair tool numerous times to get fixed? Are the Dev's modding files on the fly and expecting us to run the repair tool instead of pushing patches to fix patches? MADNESS!

Edited by RottenAwfulPilot, 20 May 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#14 CptFrederickson

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostTiamat007, on 06 May 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

I patched, repaired, got to the Play on the launcher, click it annnnnnnnnnnd nothing. I open task manager and it says the MWOClient is running but the game is not opening.

Having a similar issue. Downloaded the game for the first time yesterday and have been trying to play it without success. It worked first time I tried to play it, crashed after a few minutes (just exited program, no warning or error messages) and since then...nothing. Launcher opens, I click play and nothing happens.

#15 river908

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:16 AM

No solution to this yet???
Since the last patch, I can no longer get in. Everytime I login, it does nothing
but forever "connecting".

Its odd coz I have been watching ngngtv and it seems other players can
get in and play the game. How come a lot of payers cant get thru?

#16 LaMigra

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

View PostBloodwolf1199, on 06 May 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

since the last patch everytime I connect and put my email n password in it tells me server under maintenaince and wont let me log in even though it already patched, please help....bloodbaine1@hotmail.com AKA Bloodwolf1199

Same issue here. Seems this has happened before after a patch. Repair tool won't even start, says it can't connect. Annnnnd there goes more premium time down the drain.

#17 river908

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

3 weeks without any response from pgi. 3 weeks and still cant log in.
do we have to pay for something so we can play the game.
odd coz ive been watching ngng and people are playing the game
so why cant we log in whats the problem.

#18 MetalCowboy

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

Downloaded the new Patch, waited through the Repair downloads, and finally the Verifier ran. Then I got an ERROR message. It opened up a repair tool and I scanned the the files. This is what it found.
Fixing mismatched files.
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Engine\Shaders.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\CausticValley_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\heromechs.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Industrial_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Lava_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Levels\mechlab\level.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Levels\tutorial_forestcolony\level.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Localized\French.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\MechFactory_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Music.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\pcgamer.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\specialmechs.pak

Really. MisMatched Files? How?

#19 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostMetalCowboy, on 16 June 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

Downloaded the new Patch, waited through the Repair downloads, and finally the Verifier ran. Then I got an ERROR message. It opened up a repair tool and I scanned the the files. This is what it found.
Fixing mismatched files.
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Engine\Shaders.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\CausticValley_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\heromechs.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Industrial_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Lava_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Levels\mechlab\level.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Levels\tutorial_forestcolony\level.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Localized\French.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\MechFactory_ig.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\Music.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\pcgamer.pak
Downloading file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\specialmechs.pak

Really. MisMatched Files? How?

ya, this is the first patch in a year and a half that has wanted me to run the repair tool, not sure whats up

#20 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

and the game ran like crap too, major wait times to get in a match, the game been so smooth for a while so i hope tonight it is back to all systems nominal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users