Fire Moth (Dasher)

38 replies to this topic

Poll: Fire Moth (Dasher) (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Fire Moth (Dasher) be implemented?

1. Voted Yes (195 votes [84.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.78%

2. No (22 votes [9.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.57%

3. Impartial (13 votes [5.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

Fire Moth (Dasher)

Posted Image

Come on! It's the Locust of the Clans! This would be a great Mech to add to the game.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 19 February 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#2 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

I want it, and I want it badly, but it isn't going to happen until we can get 'Mechs hitting past 200kph and maintaining decent hit reg.

#3 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

Those delicious high hardpoints...

#4 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

How?

200XL in a 20t light already exceeds the current in-game HSR speed limit after speed tweak. With MASC we have serous issues! Without MASC what's the point?

#5 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 25 February 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

How?

200XL in a 20t light already exceeds the current in-game HSR speed limit after speed tweak. With MASC we have serous issues! Without MASC what's the point?

Adjust the speed limit. They adjusted torso twisting max values for the Urbanmech, they can adjust the speed limit for the Dasher.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 25 February 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#6 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

I like the little sucker. So even if they have to tweak him to make him fit into MWO's technical limitations (speed etc), why not.
I'm not TT purist and this is not TT, anyway.

#7 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 25 February 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Adjust the speed limit. They adjusted torso twisting max values for the Urbanmech, they can adjust the speed limit for the Dasher.

If only stuff like server infrastructure, HSR etc was this simple and easy

#8 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

It has a lot going for it combat wise but it looks pretty ridiculous with its arms like that.

#9 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

The flea is a Inner sphere 20 ton mech with MASC that'll most likely have the same speed cap ATM with the Locust.

This mech is not gonna happen anytime soon even though concept art was released for it.

Why? it was to fast, 170 kph (Rounded up) + 30% speed = 221 speed.

Firemoth is 180 kph (rounded up) then + 30% = 234.

This thing is even higher then the flea.

If the flea isn't in game then there is less chance of the Firemoth coming...

I lvoe this mech sadly it's not gonna happen anytime soon...

#10 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

I did use the Fire Moth in MW4: Mercenaries. Crazy fast, plenty of electronics, but almost no attack power at all. If implemented, I imagine the situation would be similar. It would be the best scouting/capturing mech.

#11 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 28 February 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

The flea is a Inner sphere 20 ton mech with MASC that'll most likely have the same speed cap ATM with the Locust.

This mech is not gonna happen anytime soon even though concept art was released for it.

Why? it was to fast, 170 kph (Rounded up) + 30% speed = 221 speed.

Firemoth is 180 kph (rounded up) then + 30% = 234.

Thanks for trying, but these numbers are wrong, thanks to PGI implementing MASC since your post was made. =P

The formula for maximum engine size for light mechs is 1.4 stock engine OR 8.0 mech tonnage. The Flea has a stock engine of 120. Multiplied by 1.4 this gives us a maximum rating of 170, which we know travels 151.5 kph with Speed Tweak. We also know that MASC MK.I gives a 10% speed bonus (source). Our speed of 151.1 110% gives us a speed for the Flea of 166.65 kph. Nowhere near the MWO netcode speed cap. So the Flea is 100% safe and could be in the game tomorrow. In fact, I theorycrafted its variants recently and it could be a pretty decent little mech if PGI gives it the hardpoints it deserves. Even if MASC were buffed to 14% instead of just 10%, the Flea would still be safe.

The Firemoth has a locked 200 rated engine. We know it travels ~162.0 kph without Speed Tweak. So add Tweak and it's 178.2 kph, which actually isn't all that bad. With MASC (10%) tacked on, it's 196.0 kph, which might be doable with a little bit of work on PGIs end. In fact, since the HSR improvements and regional servers, we don't know what the cosmic speedlimit of hitreg is anymore. It might have improved - maybe even PGI haven't tested the upper limits in a long time.

#12 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostTarogato, on 18 October 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

Thanks for trying, but these numbers are wrong, thanks to PGI implementing MASC since your post was made. =P

The formula for maximum engine size for light mechs is 1.4 stock engine OR 8.0 mech tonnage. The Flea has a stock engine of 120. Multiplied by 1.4 this gives us a maximum rating of 170, which we know travels 151.5 kph with Speed Tweak. We also know that MASC MK.I gives a 10% speed bonus (source). Our speed of 151.1 110% gives us a speed for the Flea of 166.65 kph. Nowhere near the MWO netcode speed cap. So the Flea is 100% safe and could be in the game tomorrow. In fact, I theorycrafted its variants recently and it could be a pretty decent little mech if PGI gives it the hardpoints it deserves. Even if MASC were buffed to 14% instead of just 10%, the Flea would still be safe.

The Firemoth has a locked 200 rated engine. We know it travels ~162.0 kph without Speed Tweak. So add Tweak and it's 178.2 kph, which actually isn't all that bad. With MASC (10%) tacked on, it's 196.0 kph, which might be doable with a little bit of work on PGIs end. In fact, since the HSR improvements and regional servers, we don't know what the cosmic speedlimit of hitreg is anymore. It might have improved - maybe even PGI haven't tested the upper limits in a long time.

It's not that I am incorrect, it's just the time has changed.

And 10% is very poor for MASC as for most mechs simply going for a larger engine then using the tonnage on masc keeps it equal or higher then it. People are suggesting 15 to 20% speed or make it like jumpjets where say lights get only 10% boost, mediums get 15%, heavies get 20%, assaults get 25%, for eg... rough numbers and do not take it literally... well I checked now. It is kinda like that but very minor/ slow climb. wolverine and shadowcat knows this 'pain'.

Back to the topic at hand...

Engine formula doesn't really apply to light mechs. The Example being wolfhound ,panther, raven, urbanmech, Marauder... etc...
This is because speed is a bit of a different ballgame for lights then all other mechs...

On the topic of netcode they will never hit 190. Maybe stretch to 175 or 180, but different servers are not helping.
They need approximately 2 more servers to do it reliably.

Oceanic and Russian server. Right now it's only North America, South Asia, and Europe that has benifits from server to get 100 or less ping while people in oceanic, north asia/ russia (and the rather obvious south america, africa, middle east, etc) get 100 to 300 ping.
Before you ask: Oceanic server is a lie, it's located nearly dead central in South Asian server but not in Oceanic, key large popular countries like new zealand get no more better ping then they do to the North american server as they do to the south asia server (depending on time of day.)

And we need a lot more higher population to do this and CW only does the server which is most popular at the time... which Oceanic/ asia will not ever get it I assume.

I should also mention that the devide in population is already straining the south asian server (which I know due to routing issues in australia making me get 50% higher ping in US and Eu servers, aka 300 to 500 ping), it takes sometimes longer to get a normal game then to get a game in CW.

All that a side, as mentioned flea could be added still, Firemoth, not a chance...

#13 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

Worth reconsidering with the reduction in the speed tweak bonus.

#14 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:00 AM

Bring him without MASC. PGI changed soo much..That wouldn t hurt.

#15 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:38 PM

Just give it -50% speed penalty. Clan mechs sure MUST have negative quirks all over the place, why bother with such a thing like PSR when you can bend the rules as you please? So solved, so solved Posted Image

Edited by DuoAngel, 12 January 2016 - 11:39 PM.

#16 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

this and the viper are the mechs clans miss most to counter IS light tactics.
take that from a locust Pilot.

and yes, i choose YES. gimme a challenge !

#17 Zork3112

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

Devs, if you want my $$ bring us the Moth ;)

#18 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:21 AM

A quick update: The mech recently received 15 more votes and is now at 83!

Here's an impression of how the prime stock variant would look like, courtesy of Odanan:

Posted Image
Source: http://mwomercs.com/...-the-fire-moth/

#19 Sir Maverick

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:28 AM

It´s simple.... IS get Locust... give us our Locust!!

#20 Mordoz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 557 posts
  • LocationMWOsna

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:11 AM

As long as i'm playing MW:O i'm waiting of my Fire Moth.
Yes, give us this mech, with or without MASC!

#freeLobbyforAll

Edited by Mordoz, 17 July 2016 - 04:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users