You Want It, Here It Is

124 replies to this topic

#1 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

It pains me to make this declaration, because I am a Federation builder, I don't like cutting ties or breaking alliances, but after much and lengthy internal debate, including a polling of our community, the Free Worlds League Military has come to the decision that, in light of numerous grievances, our new Star League alliance, and the larger strategic position against the Clans, we must cut ties and sever all pretenses of Alliance with the Draconis Combine.

These grievances include, but are not limited to, the following:

The FWLM has expended considerable efforts and resources in attempts to assist the DCMS, particularly in their efforts against the Clans, but we have received no aid nor assistance in return, and our efforts have been met with little more than disinterest and distrust, if not disrespected and abused.

When the Great Wormhole Experiment was undertaken, Kurita initially approved of the experiment, but then consistently delayed and stalled the operation, severely delaying the expansion of the wormhole and the FWLM's efforts to open a direct front with the Clans to assist Kurita and the other Northern Factions. The uncooperative nature of the Algorithm complicated the Experiment, but the DCMS consistently delayed or demurred the FWLM's numerous attempts to negotiate the expansion of the Experiment to try and finagle the Algorithm into directing the FWLM's expansion lanes in the desired direction, and when an agreement was finally reached, Kurita completely failed to make any effort to uphold their side of the effort.

Nearly a month ago, the FWLM reached out to the DCMS, proposing a personnel exchange program, to share tactics and strategies, and help train the DCMS' pilots and commanders in the organizational methods and policies of the FWLM and our Tier 2 PUG system, which no other faction has yet been able to fully duplicate. While this proposal was met with initial enthusiasm, that enthusiasm quickly waned, and Kurita made next to no effort to establish this collaborative effort, and repeated FWLM efforts to coordinate this Exchange were met with disinterest.

The DCMS has demonstrated duplicity and betrayal in dealing with other factions, having quietly arranged a Non-Aggression Pact with the Federated Suns so that the DCMS could focus on the Clans. The AFFS decided to step up that NAP and sent a few units North to help defend Kurita worlds against the Clans, units which consistently saw success in their efforts. The DCMS then decided to turn and break that NAP, which they had sued the AFFS for, even while a company of the Head Hunters of Davion were in the midst of a fight to defend a Combine planet. No notice or warning was given to the Federated Suns, and the DCMS forces attacked with total surprise.

As the Combine's front against the Clans continued to fall back in disarray, the FWLM sent some of our affiliated mercenary companies, including one full-fledged member of the FWLM, to assist the DCMS forces against the Clans. A number of other mercenary companies, now affiliated with the Star League and organized into the Coalition, also traveled to the Combine to assist against the Clans. This aid was met with little recognition or respect, and only a handful of DCMS units shifted to the Clan front to assist the combined efforts of the mercenary companies against the Clans

Furthermore, the DCMS abused the help they were sent. The majority of the DCMS forces remained engaged against the Federated Suns, and even the units that shifted to the Clan front stayed only briefly. Had the DCMS shifted all of its forces back to the Clan front, significant gains could have been made against the Clans, and that front might still have momentum today, pushing the Clans back out of the Inner Sphere. Instead, the DCMS opted to abuse the help they were given, leaving the mercenary units to squander in a brutal stalemate against the Clans, while they reaped the benefits of the weakened and unprepared Davion worlds they had attacked with dishonorable duplicity.

At the Conference of Wazan, the Draconis Combine was the only faction present that declined to commit to the Star League. They then demurred and delayed over their decision on whether or not to join the Star League, all the while reaping the benefits of the Non-Aggression Pact that the Federated Suns were upholding in good faith, and continuing to take advantage of all the Star League-aligned units that were holding the Clans at bay on their Northern border.

When the Combine finally made its decision, they declined to join the Star League, and have continued an all-out assault against a fellow member of the Star League, with whom the FWLM ostensibly now has a military alliance.

Almost in the same stroke, the Combine also decided, without notice or warning, to unilaterally terminate the Wormhole Experiment. This technically is their right, per the original loose agreement that was made, but there was no consultation nor warning given to the FWLM prior to the decision.

Despite FWLM requests for clarification, and FWLM requests for negotiation, the DCMS continued pressing the closure of the Experiment, declaring our eviction from their space even while conducting negotiations with the FWLM on the closure of the Experiment.

The DCMS efforts to completely close down the Wormhole Experiment would remove a vital buffer of FWLM fortifications above Terra, erected against the inevitable progression of the Clans through DCMS space. As the DCMS has opted to shun all help against the Clans, and indeed seems to be committing no effort to counter the Clans themselves, this array of foritifications is absolutely vital to stopping the Clans when they inevitably press through Combine space to Terra. By forcing the removal of this wormhole, they DCMS is not only scorning their alliance with the FWLM, they are compromising the Star League's strategic position against the Clans, and endangering the stability of the entire Inner Sphere.

Lastly, the conduct of the DCMS both on the field and in public discourse, both towards others and towards the FWLM, has been unacceptable to both the FWLM leadership and the FWLM community as a whole. This unsportsmanlike conduct spoils the fun for so many players, creating a bitter and hostile environment that can often drive players from the game. No faction's community has sufficient players to support those loses, and it defeats the purpose of the game, and having opponents to play against.

In light of these grievances and other slights, our new Star League alliance, and the greater strategic threat of the Clans, the Free Worlds League Military has regretfully come to the conclusion that we must abandon our alliance with the Draconis Combine, and aggressively pursue the Star League's larger strategy against the Clans.

To that end, the FWLM is severing all diplomatic ties and affiliations with the DCMS. Effective immediately, we are declaring that a State of War exists between the Free Worlds League and the Draconis Combine.

All FWLM units that are not engaged in SLDF operations in the Free Rasalhague Republic, or joint operations with the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces and the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns to establish a direct connection of FWLM space with the wormhole island, are directed to pursue this war with extreme prejudice.

-Illithi Dragon

Please note: this is in the interest of keeping the air clear between our two factions, and I cannot confirm/deny whether the document is still valid or not. I will catch flak for this, but Kurita deserves to know the reasoning behind the leadership of Marik.

#2 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

#3 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

why say in 25 words what i can say in 2500? jesus lordy

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

Uh the worm hole wasn't working, so we took our planets back. If that is seriously the reason, I don't know what to say..

We GIVE you planets do try the experiment. It wasn't going to work unless you carved a path through all of HK space. Yeah, no thanks. The real reason we want it closed in a hurry is that ultimately it was demonstrated that Marik has no control over mercs that join the faction and do whatever they wish. That is seen as unacceptable and is the primary reason the worm hole needed to be closed.

If this is indeed the will of the FWLM, then you have made a serious mistake.

#5 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

So was this a decleration that would be sent to Kurita after the fact or was this something used to rally the attackers?

#6 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

I was under the impression Marik High Command recognized the attack algorithm wasn't being cooperative with allowing you to create a tunnel to the clan front, and members of Marik HC actually aided us in closing the wormhole last week to try to prevent Mercstar from meddling to keep it open. Be honest, you guys got bored and wanted to see how you'd do against Kurita.

Edited by Richter B., 19 February 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#7 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

IDK, I didn't write it, but it was my understanding that it would be delivered beforehand. However they decided not to.

#8 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 19 February 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Please note: this is in the interest of keeping the air clear between our two factions, and I cannot confirm/deny whether the document is still valid or not. I will catch flak for this, but Kurita deserves to know the reasoning behind the leadership of Marik.

Thank you for posting this document.

We will keep this last statement of yours in mind.

We find these reasons most disturbing and trumped up.
We also find it extremely offensive that Davion dog lies of an official NAP is even in there.

#9 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 19 February 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

IDK, I didn't write it, but it was my understanding that it would be delivered beforehand. However they decided not to.

I acknowledge you aren't the author of the post, dervish, I was talking about your boy Illithi Dragon and whoever else agrees with this nonsense

#10 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

FWL ... BRING IT !!!

Posted Image

#11 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostRichter B., on 19 February 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I acknowledge you aren't the author of the post, dervish, I was talking about your boy Illithi Dragon and whoever else agrees with this nonsense

Does House Marik even have a centralized leadership like Kurita has with our council? I know they have an enjin site but I looked though the Marik fourm and didn't see any "here are the guys in charge" type threads.

#12 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

oh man this thing is gold, I was wrong about you Dervish

#13 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

good news, friends, the hpg network loaned me a copy of this transmission in .txt in case marik dork command threaten this brave individual into editing his post, let us treasure it for all time

http://pastebin.com/AU0WJdeC

Edited by An Anime Princess, 19 February 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#14 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

and have continued an all-out assault against a fellow member of the Star League, with whom the FWLM ostensibly now has a military alliance

Bora. Quemoy. Procyon, Wasat (again and again), Sirius.

And that's the last four days. If you regard the Federated Suns as a "military alliance", is this not somewhat hypocritical to be taking multiple planets (often in a single day) from your "ally"?

I mean, they're Davions and all so diplomacy is saying "Nice rat" until you find a big enough stick. It's a personal opinion that the only real functional "diplomacy" with the Suns will be unconditional surrender, the better to remove the entire sick government from any influence in the Inner Sphere.

And again, though I know the point was already made: why didn't anyone in Marik look for arbitration here sooner? This was a Hindenburg straight on the way to it's demise.

#15 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

Free Worlds League take worlds from Steiner many times during last two weeks. Funny.

Edited by Tasker, 19 February 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#16 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

*Puts on paper burger king crown* Hello I speak for the entirety of the FWL player base and I don't like the way you guys are posting so we're gonna go *drops crown* shti *puts crown back on head* go to war. Prepare yourselves.

#17 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

View Postwanderer, on 19 February 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

And again, though I know the point was already made: why didn't anyone in Marik look for arbitration here sooner? This was a Hindenburg straight on the way to it's demise.

presumably all the cool marik players assumed that their leadership were doing this when in fact their leadership were busy not getting in touch with me, the most important, beautiful, and charming person in the draconis combine. unacceptable.

#18 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:16 PM

Ah now we see who Roadbeer's accomplice is in all of this.

Illithi Dragon, you'll learn to enjoy screaming "I LOVE DEAR COORDINATOR" after we bend you over the 100th time.

Your list of slander and lies means nothing to us. House Kurita has never pretended to be friends with Davion.

House Marik is the traitorous liar in all of this, attacking an allied faction without warning. We didn't join your star league club so you attacked us out of spite. I hope Steiner, Liao, and FRR are paying close attention to how Marik treats their "allies".

Thank you Dervish for shedding some light here, Illithi Dragon was awfully quiet after his failed backstab attempt last night.

#19 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

For the record, closing the wormhole down has always been within our rights. We did announce our intent to close the wormhole when MS started expanding the island uncontrollably. We were met with nothing but resistance led by the greedy Illithi Dragon and his cohorts since the DCMS decision to close the wormhole.

#20 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users