5 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

Release Dates and Eligibility Information

Q: What are the release dates for the Clan Wave 3 Content?
As with our previous Collections, the Clan Wave 3 'Mechs will be provided in stages.
  • June 16th: Executioner and Ebon Jaguar (plus a fourth Variant of each chassis for Early Adopters)
  • July 21st: Shadow Cat and Arctic Cheetah (plus a fourth Variant of each chassis for Early Adopters)
  • July 21st: Banked Premium Time, Badges, and Faction Content (Faction Content is based on player selection; Faction Content Selection will go live for Wave 3 owners on July 21st)
Q: How do I qualify as an Early Adopter, and when will I receive my Early Adopter Variant(s)?

Any Collection purchase that is processed and finalized in our account system prior to February 28th March 17th at 10:00 AM PDT / 5:00 PM UTC will classify you as an Early Adopter.
Please note that depending on your transaction method, processing delays may result in a final processing time that falls after the above cutoff time. To help ensure your automatic eligibility for Early Adopter status, and to help minimize the potential impact on Support services, we request that you try to compensate for any processing time that may be associated with your payment method.
The Early Adopter Variants will be released to eligible accounts at the same time as the other three Variants.
UPDATE! We have extended the Early Adopter Reward deadline until March 17th 10:00 AM PDT / 5:00 PM UTC

Q: When will I receive my monthly rewards?
  • Purchases processed and received before March 31st at 11:59:59 PM PDT (6:59:59 AM UTC) will receive the 1st Monthly Reward on April 1st.
  • Purchases processed and received before April 30th at 11:59:59 PM PDT (6:59:59 AM UTC) will receive the 2nd Monthly Reward on May 1st May 5th.
  • Purchases processed and received before May 31st at 11:59:59 PM PDT (6:59:59 AM UTC) will receive the 3rd Monthly Reward on June 1st.
Please note that depending on your transaction method, processing delays may result in a final processing time that falls after the above cutoff times. To help minimize the potential impact on Support services we request that you try to compensate for any processing time that may be associated with your payment method to help ensure your automatic eligibility for Monthly Rewards.

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for purchase in-game with MC or C-Bills?
  • Executioner: August 4th for MC and September 1st for C-Bills
  • Ebon Jaguar: August 18th for MC and September 15th for C-Bills
  • Shadow Cat: September 1st for MC and October 6th for C-Bills
  • Arctic Cheetah: September 15th for MC and October 20th for C-Bills
Q: Will the early adopter variants also be available for purchase in-game with MC or C-Bills?

Yes. The early adopter variants will be available for purchase in-game on the same dates that the other three Variants are made available, according to the above release schedule.

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for purchase through the Gift Store?
Gifting of the Wave 3 Collections went live today, February 23rd, at approximately 1 PM PST!

Q: Can I upgrade from one Clan Wave 3 Collection to another?
Yes, you may upgrade an existing Wave 3 Collection order to any higher-tier Collection at any point for the duration of the sale.
Please note that you will only receive the early adopter promotion for the Collection you are upgrading to if you upgrade your Collection before February 28th at 11:59:59 PM PST / 7:59:59 AM UTC March 17th at 10:00 AM PDT / 5:00 PM UTC.

Q: If I upgrade from one Pack tier to another, will I be receive duplicates of the items from the Pack tier I already own?
No. Upgrading your Pack tier will only provide you specifically with the additional items featured in that newly acquired Pack; as the price is adjusted to compensate for your existing tier, duplicate content is not provided.

Q: Has a sale end-date been announced?
The Clan Wave 3 Collections should be available for purchase indefinitely, but eligibility for the early adopter reward will end on February 28th at 11:59:59 PM PST / 6:59:59 AM UTC.

Q: Will I qualify for any Early Adopter Variant(s) if I purchase a la carte?
A la carte purchases do not qualify for the Early Adopter Variants.

Q: If I purchase the top-tier Wave 3 Collection, will I qualify for receiving the 15 Year Anniversary Reward 'Mechs?
Top-tier/Gladiator level Wave 3 purchases will qualify you for the 15 Year Anniversary Reward 'Mechs if you acquire that top-tier Collection before February 28th at 11:59:59 PM PST.
Important note: the injection of those Reward 'Mechs for eligible accounts won't occur immediately (according to the current injection schedule for those Reward 'Mechs). We still need to add the Wave 3 system to the 15 Year Reward promo on the database side.
If you've already qualified for the 15 Year Anniversary Reward 'Mechs due to an existing top-tier purchase that fell within the eligible timeframe (December 16th 2014 until February 28th 2015), you will not receive duplicates.

#2 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

General Questions

Q: M.A.S.C! Tell me everything you know about M.A.S.C!
Myomer Acceleration Signal Circuitry is still in the design phase. It is unlikely that the implementation of M.A.S.C. in MechWarrior Online will be a 1:1 translation of standard M.A.S.C mechanics. Exact details on how M.A.S.C will function will be provided in a later update.
UPDATE: Full details on MASC can be found in our June 16th Patch Notes!

Q: Can Collections be gifted to others? I.E. Can I buy this for a friend?
Wave 3 Collection gifting is live! Please note that gifting is only supported for Collections; you cannot gift a la carte 'Mechs.

Q: What is the difference between a Prime and a Standard Variant?
The Prime Invasion Variant of each Clan Collection Mech gives a 30% C-Bill Boost when using that 'Mech, and are distinguished in-game with an (I) designation such as with the SCR-PRIME (I). Standard Variants do not include this C-Bill boost. The Prime Wave 3 Invasion Variant also comes with a unique Pattern and unique geometry that cannot be changed, nor can they be acquired for other Mechs.
The non-Invasion Prime Variants released for in-game purchase with MC or C-Bills according to the release dates provided earlier in this FAQ will not have the 30% C-Bill Boost, but you will be able to apply Patterns to them.

Q: Can I sell my Clan Collection Prime or Standard Variant Mechs?
Clan Collection Prime Invasion Variants are locked to their MechBay and can't be sold. Standard Variants may be sold normally, freeing their MechBay for use with another Mech.

Q: If I sell my Standard Clan 'Mech variants, can I re-purchase them?
You can sell your Clan Wave 3 Collection Standard Variants at any time, but you will only be able to re-acquire them when they become available for MC and C-Bill Purchase according to the release dates above.

Q: Do I need empty MechBays in preparation for receiving my Clan Wave 3 Collection?
Each Clan Collection comes with all the MechBays required in order to house your newly purchased 'Mechs.

Q: What are the Hardpoint details?
Hardpoints and other 'Mech details can be found towards the bottom of the Clan Collection Wave 3 page.

Q: What guarantees can be made about the balance of these Mechs?
Only that we will try to provide as fair an experience for all players, Clans and IS alike. This may mean "nerfing" or "buffing" some weapons or adding Quirks to the 'Mechs at a later date.

Q: What about unique skins?
Prime Invasion Variants of Clan Collection Mechs will receive a unique Pattern and geometry, similar to how our Project Phoenix Prime variants received a unique Phoenix Pattern and geometry. As normal, the Patterns on these Invasion Variants are locked, and cannot be changed.

Q: When will the concept art for the Ebon Jaguar, Shadow Cat, and Arctic Cheetah be released?
All Wave 3 concept art is available through the Wave 3 page!

#3 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

Collection Incentives, Monthly Rewards, and Faction Content

Q: Will I be able to choose when to begin my Premium Time?
Yes, all Premium Time acquired as a result of a Collection purchase will be added to your Banked Premium Time. Any previously Banked Premium Time will be combined with the newly acquired Premium Time; a button in the client allows the one-time activation of all your Banked Premium Time. You can also activate Banked Premium Time in 30-day increments through your profile here.

Q: If I already have Premium Time activated on my account, will I still have the option to begin my Clan Collection Premium Time at my discretion?
Yes, if you're currently enjoying Active Premium Time you will still have the option of manually starting Banked Premium Time.

Q: Will I be able to select which Clan Specific content I want to receive?
Yes, you will have a choice between Smoke Jaguar, Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear and Wolf Faction decoratives. Please note that Faction Patterns and Colors only Unlock once, so if you choose to get multiples of the same Faction Content pack you will only receive duplicates of the Warhorns, Standing Items, and Hanging Items.
Any Clan Patterns received as part of your Wave 3 Faction Content selection will be applicable to all Wave 3 'Mechs.

#4 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Payment Information

Q: Which payment methods do you accept?
For direct credit card transactions we currently accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Credit cards that are not accepted for direct transactions, such as Discover card, are usually functional when processed using a standard or guest PayPal account. We also accept most other major payment options through our current Global Payments option.
Payment options vary by country. Please contact Support if you have a specific payment question.

Q: Where is the payment option I previously used?
Due to a transition of our payment services, several payment options are still being freshly contracted out to PGI. We hope to make them available again as soon as possible.

Q: Will this Collection be available for purchase worldwide?
Yes, except where prohibited by law.

Q: What can I do if I have encountered a problem with my purchase?
Please contact support@mwomercs.com and our CSRs will be happy to help you out. Please provide them with as much information as possible, such as a summary of the issue, the items being purchased, and the payment method being used.

Q: Why is the PayPal transaction window suddenly so much faster?
We have recently transitioned all PayPal transaction processing in-house. Up until a couple days ago, PayPal transactions were being handled by one of our current third-party payment processors. In some cases this system was leading to transaction issues and processing delays.
This transition essentially amounts to three big differences:
  • Various processing issues and delays for some PayPal transactions should be minimized or eliminated.
  • 2-step Verification is now functional again.
  • PayPal Credit is now an accepted payment method.

#5 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

Newly Added Questions

Q: Why don't I see my Wave 3 purchase listed on the Pre-Order section of my Profile?
The pre-order page has now been updated to reflect your Wave 3 order status!

Q: I received a purchase confirmation for my collection, and I've confirmed that I'm logged in, but the Wave 3 page does not list my colleciton as 'Owned'.
We are currently looking into the cause of this, but we have so far confirmed that the players experiencing this are correctly listed as owning their Collection in our database. Please let us know if you have this issue and we will be glad to confirm your status manually until the page updates to reflect your order.

Q: If I purchase the top-tier Wave 3 Collection, will I qualify for receiving the 15 Year Anniversary Reward 'Mechs?
Top-tier/Gladiator level Wave 3 purchases will qualify you for the 15 Year Anniversary Reward 'Mechs if you acquire that top-tier Collection before February 28th at 11:59:59 PM PST.
Important note: the injection of those Reward 'Mechs for eligible accounts won't occur immediately (according to the current injection schedule for those Reward 'Mechs). We still need to add the Wave 3 system to the 15 Year Reward promo on the database side.
If you've already qualified for the 15 Year Anniversary Reward 'Mechs due to an existing top-tier purchase that fell within the eligible timeframe (December 16th 2014 until February 28th 2015), you will not receive duplicates.

Q: I already have one or more the Reward 'Mechs, and I don't want any duplicates as a result of my top-tier Wave 3 Collection purchase.
If necessary we can perform removals of Reward 'Mech duplicates. Once you've received the duplicates, please submit a support ticket to support@mwomercs.com with the heading Reward Mech Removal and we will try to perform the removal during a future downtime.
Please note that we cannot transfer these duplicates to another account or provide any C-Bill or MC value to compensate for the duplicate removal.

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for purchase through the Gift Store?
Gifting of the Wave 3 Collections went live on February 23rd, at approximately 1 PM PST, though the Gift Store!

Q: If I buy a Gift Code in time for all or some of the pre-order Rewards, but my recipient doesn't redeem it until later, will they still receive those Rewards?
They will! Early Adopter and Monthly Reward eligibility for Gift Codes is determined by the original purchase date of the Gift Code.

Q: When will the concept art for the Ebon Jaguar, Shadow Cat, and Arctic Cheetah be released?
All Wave 3 concept art is available through the Wave 3 page!

#6 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Q: What is the new deadline for the Early Adopter Reward?
The new deadline is March 17th at 10:00 AM PDT / 6:00 PM UTC.

Q: Why did you extend the Early Adopter Reward deadline?
After the announcement of Wave 3, we received a lot of feedback from players regarding the original Early Adopter deadline. After some internal discussion, we agreed that an extension made sense. These were the two most common concerns we saw from players:
  • The original deadline didn't coincide well with some international dates and payment structures. Extending it past the end of the month would ensure that these players would be able to qualify.
  • Many players wanted to see all of the Wave 3 concept art before making a decision. Extending the deadline until after the release of the Shadow Cat and Arctic Cheetah concept art would allow these players to make a more informed decision.
Q: Russ mentioned that you might be implementing an additional bonus reward of some kind for those players who already made a qualifying Wave 3 purchase. What will that reward be?
We haven't decided on what the bonus reward will be just yet.

Q: Who will qualify for that bonus reward?
The reward will only be provided to those players who made a qualifying Wave 3 purchase prior to the original February 28th 11:59:59 PM PST / 7:59:59 AM UTC deadline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users