43 replies to this topic

#1 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

I am really confused, let me tell you a story 1st THEN this will make perfect sense,,,

So, here I am, at the very start of the round telling team to stick with me if they smart, then list the reasons, multiple ER PPC's, super zoom, boosted AMS and ECM, (nothing can get to me most times without me smashing them long before they can return fire, as im using one giant flatscreen toshiba TV for a monitor so i can see 5x further in effect then anyone else, i can see AND HIT end to end on forrest coloney map for exanple, i can see max distance any mech on the map even if its just a gfx blur, i CAN see the heat scores and shotting affects,)

So, like i said i announce what i am n doing n what cover i can provide, I take up a very hi vantage point letting me literally see over 70% of the terrain that team had blocked l.o.s. I looking DOWN most the hills,

So, I am seeing most ever enemy mech in play depending on they position n MY scope dir view, I am shooting AND hitting everything i aim at causing actual damage from well over 1200-1400 easy,

team decides to just run off NOT staying anywhere near me at all, all trying to go brawl n be 'heros'

So, I asking why, why am I getting bitched at n cussed out for sniping "in a 65 tonner' n put down accused of not helping, when I am doing EXACTLY what I set out to do? and thats hit them HARD! OFTEN and hit6 them in such a way they cannot hit me back untill after i tear them down a LOT?

I am sniping AND providing anti missel safe zone from a damn good vantage point where i can hit them all day long unchallanged 95% of the time, and also providing repeating PPC cover fire/aeria denail by fact of PPC saturation of a enimy vantage point?

How can I be screwing up when I am doing all this at once AND living most all match? I can see my team mates as well, so i CAN see whare/who they shooting, or getting shot by, and can still assist from my vantage point,

So how can anyone put me down in a match n cuss me out and insult, when no one listend to begin with when I stated exactly what I was doing and planing on?

O.K. got that outta my system, but SERIOUSLY. whats the issue and exactly how did I screw it for everyone else?

#2 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

because movement is the key to success.
not sitting at a spot.
the enemy always know where you are, no surprises but you will lose track of them and get outmoved.
yes YOU had a nice sweet spot but the rest of the team? they obviously couldnt do anything.
you are not participating with your mech in a fight, really. all you do is sit there, watch the scenerey.
your armor gets unscraped. fine, your team has to suffer more because of that since you cant block shots that might have killed someones mech. thats part of teamplay.
your AMS only works against missiles. everything else still hits so why would you stand still and get flanked? popshotted? because your position is clear to everyone!

the only reason why the enemy team did not really care about you is because er ppc at 1200-1400m are doing a bit of damage but no one cares about it. its too insignificant so you just get ignored. if it would been 700m.... then you would been dead fast.

just move with the team next time.

#3 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

one mech sniping in same location is A: going to get picked apart by lights B: focusfired by enemy snipers with ppfld-weapons C: flushed out by massed artillery D: going to need a babysitter for you when you do your sniping thing to protect you from lights

only place where this even remotely works is alpine,that hill behind the mt. tryhard

#4 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

Enough with the "snipers". Everyone is a "sniper". Be a "Designated Marksman". Move with your team. Give them overwatch.
Pick apart weak mechs. If you are more than 1/2 or a full grid from your lance. You are a hindrance. Not an asset.

#5 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

so far none of you either paid attention, or COMPLEATLY missed the point, NO lights couold flank me at all i could see EVERY rout to me,

about rainge? ha I was hitting most EVERY SHOT dealing damage, so sorry no laz was touching me, no one had a gauss

ppl had pleanty of room AND COVER to stay close to my aeria of controll, forcing them to come to us, again giving cover and protection AND actually seeing everything comming so no one could come at us WITHOUIT being seen 1st AND shot to pieces long befor they could get a shot in.

didnt ever need a baby sitter,

i guess your all tactics need to be looked over, \
the team should have stayd close where the unstoppable was dominating,

pointless to be a meat shield blocking shots and DIEING befor doing 1/20th the damage i otherwise did,
so i guess the issue was, ppl didnt want to listen and take advantage of a winning setup,

I( am a sniper who can hit you from OVER 1700 away, never getting targetted by this so called artillary/air strike, not getting flanked as position made flanking IMPOSSIBLE too much open terrain to cover, go ahead and zig zag i can lead shot n hit once again,
\
guess the issue was I playd smart n no one listen,

#6 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 20 February 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

Enough with the "snipers". Everyone is a "sniper". Be a "Designated Marksman". Move with your team. Give them overwatch.
Pick apart weak mechs. If you are more than 1/2 or a full grid from your lance. You are a hindrance. Not an asset.

i AM a sniper, what does a sniper do? adjust for gravity drops, wind, and other conditions, what do i do? let see,,, aim an ac 5 7-8 meters ABOVE YOUR HEAD AND SHOOT ONLY TO watchthe shot move across fiel and dropping, hitting taRGET SQUAR on. (obsidion map, ac 5 hit at 1600+raing after im aiming a 1/2 mech highth ABOVE you)

oh zigzag avoidence moves? so srry a SNIPER can lead a shot to whetre he figuers your going/going to be, shoot, aND NAIL YOU! thats the defination of a sniper, extream long raing shot hitting where you want the shot to hit, adjusting for drop and targets movement factors (winds not an issue in this game)

SO your comment about being a hinderance is INVALID!!!! as i did MASSIVE damage to 9+ enimys, killing a few, making enimys hidden n free shooting team mates stop n run away from me from OTHER SIDE OF MAP? hinderance??? sound like somebody has zero command of the English language, cause all I seen was pure gravy assets!

I guess street thug mentallity must work for you, 'follow the crowd evwen if they are MORONS walkiing into a killinig circle and ALL die, or 'follow the crowd and get cought in your own units crossfires taKING unnessacery opponent damage all the while 'accidently' shooting your own team cause all are in same place tripping allover each other,

I will see you from the winners side of the scoreboard with bairly a scratch on me and a fist fulla c-bill n WINS! so when u start to get barraged by PPC sniuper, youll KNOW its me you cant find to shoot back OR REACH even if you could and dont bother sending some poor useless light to harass me, FULL armour and 'anti lights' weapons, after all i never said i ONLY carry sniping equipments, let some light dare come after me, his armour WONT be comming along with him!

Edited by YakkSlapper, 20 February 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#7 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

never mind suffice it to say, I DO NOT SEE THIS just a game, i see it as real war, and im using proven real life sound tactics, and im not playing stupidly by doing all thwe mistake your saying i should seek to do

your extoling 'hide in a crowd and pre the guy next to you gets shot instead?? HA! no thanks!

Edited by YakkSlapper, 21 February 2015 - 12:19 AM.

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:29 AM

because pugland?

teamwork in pugland is random, in some pugs youc an not even support the team because there is no team, there are just 12 players with 12 tactics doing something. some pugs have magically a good teamplay by having the same tactics.
Sniping may at some point not be the tactic the group needs. At some point it does.

yes pugland, its a dice game. So why even taking the game serious in pugland?

Edited by Lily from animove, 21 February 2015 - 01:29 AM.

#9 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

sniping can be valid but you have to move with the team to be a good sniper.
knowing when to move to help is important and you can still snipe while distracting the enemy team with your appearance in their flanks. but camping one spot and snipe? never valid.

#10 Cognus

• Pip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 20 February 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

i AM a sniper, what does a sniper do? adjust for gravity drops, wind, and other conditions, what do i do? let see,,, aim an ac 5 7-8 meters ABOVE YOUR HEAD AND SHOOT ONLY TO watchthe shot move across fiel and dropping, hitting taRGET SQUAR on. (obsidion map, ac 5 hit at 1600+raing after im aiming a 1/2 mech highth ABOVE you)

oh zigzag avoidence moves? so srry a SNIPER can lead a shot to whetre he figuers your going/going to be, shoot, aND NAIL YOU! thats the defination of a sniper, extream long raing shot hitting where you want the shot to hit, adjusting for drop and targets movement factors (winds not an issue in this game)

SO your comment about being a hinderance is INVALID!!!! as i did MASSIVE damage to 9+ enimys, killing a few, making enimys hidden n free shooting team mates stop n run away from me from OTHER SIDE OF MAP? hinderance??? sound like somebody has zero command of the English language, cause all I seen was pure gravy assets!

I guess street thug mentallity must work for you, 'follow the crowd evwen if they are MORONS walkiing into a killinig circle and ALL die, or 'follow the crowd and get cought in your own units crossfires taKING unnessacery opponent damage all the while 'accidently' shooting your own team cause all are in same place tripping allover each other,

I will see you from the winners side of the scoreboard with bairly a scratch on me and a fist fulla c-bill n WINS! so when u start to get barraged by PPC sniuper, youll KNOW its me you cant find to shoot back OR REACH even if you could and dont bother sending some poor useless light to harass me, FULL armour and 'anti lights' weapons, after all i never said i ONLY carry sniping equipments, let some light dare come after me, his armour WONT be comming along with him!

Lol!, I hope to God I catch you out when I'm in my 3L... I WILL dare to come and eat your damn lunch, you arrogant *****.

#11 Alzhiemer

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

the painbow

#12 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 20 February 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

I DO NOT SEE THIS just a game, i see it as real war

Seriously?

Well then tell you what. Each time you die in MWO, I want you to create a new account and start over. Because that's how a real war works. Trust me on this. I've been in one.

Your statement is incredibly insulting to actual combat veterans and shows just how ignorant you actually are on the topic.

This is a GAME.

Edited by MarineTech, 21 February 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#13 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:49 AM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 20 February 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

i AM a sniper...

Posted Image

#14 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

I DID NOT SAY "I AM A SNIPER IN REAL LIFE"
talking in game,

No you [Redacted], i do not snipe to "shine at the expence of others" do NOT ascribe such petty emotions to me i do it to BENIFIT the team, if you cant see the advantage, I guess I on a different lvl,

Speaking to factual circumstances is NOT "arrogence"

plz, bring a trash raven joke on me, yours will be slag just like every other one that THOUGHT the same thing.

"stay with the team"?? HA! DOES "the team" EVER ONCE stop running off full throttle and wait for the slower/assaults? NO, so it goes both ways, you want me near? dont run off n leav a single untit to fall behind (NEVER HAPPENS)

OFC "PUGLAND" If I was in a group, do you thik i ask a forum fulla [Redacted] a damned thing? no, id have the loosers complaining in the 1st place to ask,

so sorry but seems most of you are, "not fair, why should you be safe sniping when we want to rambo them and screw waiting and staying back NOT out distancing the slow/assaults, 95%+ every single match the fasters run off leaving the slowers to fend for selfs,
so, seems your emotional reasons (and hay YOU should die along side me or let me use use you as a meat shield n shoot you in the back' mentallity) is YOUR pride hurt,
FACT, becasue of my gfx setting and monitor size i can see opponent mech clearly and you dont have him in your range of view at all, i see 3x/5x further because i have details n such maxed out and monitor size n rez i can see your damage heat glow distinctly at 1700+ and you see maybe a pixel or 2 i see the full mech and details (32 inch toshiba flatscreen TV) so YOU see something as say, LESS 1/32 inch i see (on zoom) more then 2-3 time bigger, and i hit for 8 damage a shot, thats NOT insignificant. go hate on lrm boats THEY are the ones hiding AND safely shooting with zero los, zero exposure, after all, faced against another PPC sniper, I win 100%, MY shots hit almost 100%, while i watch there PPC's miss me more then 80% the time, they can only shot in my direction while im shooting dead on them!

and did i adress this?

COD?? so srry i have TASTES! I dont waste my time on popular trash and i havent been a 'teen' sence befor most of you were borne , this GRANDFATHER remember the 60's (and no i dint have my 1st kid until my mid/late 20's)
but I'm done with this tard fest, shoulda known from other games forums trolls are always ******** on others posts.
see you on the field LOOOOOOONG before im even ONE PIXEL on your monitor dont believe me? invite me to a private one on one and lets test out who can see and hit the furthest,

Edited by GM Patience, 05 March 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#15 DustySkunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 20 February 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

one mech sniping in same location is A: going to get picked apart by lights B: focusfired by enemy snipers with ppfld-weapons C: flushed out by massed artillery D: going to need a babysitter for you when you do your sniping thing to protect you from lights

only place where this even remotely works is alpine,that hill behind the mt. tryhard

^^ This. So much this. ^^

YakkSlapper, listen: you may have gotten away with perching somewhere on Forest Colony plinking away with your long range weapons once or twice and not got caught out by anything (especially given the challenge this weekend) but it won't work in the long term. It only works consistently as a strategy in the depths of puglandia at the very bottom of the Elo bucket.

People here are trying to give you good advice that will work in the long term. Moving with an element of the team at all times is important for anything but a ECM scout/spotter doing it's recon. Generally, staying it one place and plinking away will get you killed and doesn't help the team overly much. Don't believe me? Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll learn soon enough.

That's why you're team was hollering at you in chat. That is what everyone is getting at on this thread. Choose not to listen if you want but don't throw a tantrum and go on about how everyone must be wrong because l33t sniper skillz if people don't agree with you. They're answering your question in good faith.

#16 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

#17 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:15 AM

OP asks a question

People answer said question

OP gets mad at the answers and says those very good and experienced players are wrong

So, why did the OP even ask the question?

Oh, and at the ranges you're talking about, it's not worth shooting.....ac5 at 1700 meters does zero damage....erppc at 1700 meters does zero damage....

#18 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 23 February 2015 - 05:15 AM, said:

OP asks a question

People answer said question

OP gets mad at the answers and says those very good and experienced players are wrong

So, why did the OP even ask the question?

Oh, and at the ranges you're talking about, it's not worth shooting.....ac5 at 1700 meters does zero damage....erppc at 1700 meters does zero damage....

There is also the fact that he was giving his enemy fewer targets to deal with while he was up in his impenetrable fortress.

I get to watch guys like that be the last one killed, and im always curious of their score.

Real 'sniper' fire support is @ 500m from the brawl/battle line....or 500m behind the enemy.

Reminds me of Koniving's vid(i think it was him) where he got a Spider V up top the mountain in Frozen City. Had a great view, erll couldnt touch anything though.

#19 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 20 February 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

I am really confused, let me tell you a story 1st THEN this will make perfect sense,,,

So, here I am, at the very start of the round telling team to stick with me if they smart, then list the reasons, multiple ER PPC's, super zoom, boosted AMS and ECM, (nothing can get to me most times without me smashing them long before they can return fire, as im using one giant flatscreen toshiba TV for a monitor so i can see 5x further in effect then anyone else, i can see AND HIT end to end on forrest coloney map for exanple, i can see max distance any mech on the map even if its just a gfx blur, i CAN see the heat scores and shotting affects,)

So, like i said i announce what i am n doing n what cover i can provide, I take up a very hi vantage point letting me literally see over 70% of the terrain that team had blocked l.o.s. I looking DOWN most the hills,

So, I am seeing most ever enemy mech in play depending on they position n MY scope dir view, I am shooting AND hitting everything i aim at causing actual damage from well over 1200-1400 easy,

team decides to just run off NOT staying anywhere near me at all, all trying to go brawl n be 'heros'

So, I asking why, why am I getting bitched at n cussed out for sniping "in a 65 tonner' n put down accused of not helping, when I am doing EXACTLY what I set out to do? and thats hit them HARD! OFTEN and hit6 them in such a way they cannot hit me back untill after i tear them down a LOT?

I am sniping AND providing anti missel safe zone from a damn good vantage point where i can hit them all day long unchallanged 95% of the time, and also providing repeating PPC cover fire/aeria denail by fact of PPC saturation of a enimy vantage point?

How can I be screwing up when I am doing all this at once AND living most all match? I can see my team mates as well, so i CAN see whare/who they shooting, or getting shot by, and can still assist from my vantage point,

So how can anyone put me down in a match n cuss me out and insult, when no one listend to begin with when I stated exactly what I was doing and planing on?

O.K. got that outta my system, but SERIOUSLY. whats the issue and exactly how did I screw it for everyone else?

ECM and a ERPPC, you using a Raven?

Here is the problem.

You CANNOT provide cover with 1 or even 2 ERPPC, MWO is not one-shot-one-kill.

ERPPC is how much damage and how much DPS? Range? A decent light pilot would not get hit while running up to you if they run in zig-zags, ERPPC shots are too slow.

Any decent opponent would just ignore you and pound on the 10 enemy targets cause you effectively subtracted yourself from the team. Fewer targets = more focus fire = faster mech death. Thats why once a team is 4 mechs up the match is usually over.

If you wanna be a 'sniper' in MWO...which isnt the most viable role, either get a poptart mech, or a highly mobile ERLL mech. Emphasis on HIGHLY MOBILE. You poke the enemy from odd angles getting their heavies and assaults to turn to focus on you instead of pounding teammates - this saves teammates and creates opportunities for pushes.

ERPPC sniping is all cool now cuz the panther was released but will likely vanish soon. It is just not damaging enough in the average player's hands. Back in the day there were a few who could ERPPC Spider and do well with cleanup but that was like, 3 pilots ive ever seen use it well.

#20 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

dont forget the myst lynx :ph34r:
some already moaned about it... i spotted the complete enemy team with it, firing constant ppc at them. my team still fked it up while under ecm of a second ecm mech.

who was to blame? the ecm ppc spotter /o\
suffice to say that i had most damage of them all... >_>
that smacked their faces. i hope it did hurt themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users