187 replies to this topic

#181 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 February 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

IDG, I've always said that Kurita was very up front about their intent to attack Davion regardless. The real issue was people being over hopeful that Kurita wanted to go all in on the Clans instead of attacking Davion. People had expectations that didn't get met. The take away from this is that Davion was foolish for not rolling Kurita and Liao non-stop on every cf when we could regardless of any other factor. Need to kick your enemy hardest when they are down we didn't and are paying the price now. Conversely Marik are good sports and we have a lot in common with them. We can make and hold a long term treaty with them. Kurita viewed their relationship with Davion and Marik very differently than we did and has very different expectations and goals.

People have different expectations and priorities. That was the mix up here.

House Kurita has already offered peace to Davion but was rejected. Maybe if we take Robinson you guys will reconsider?

#182 JamboJuice

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 84 posts
  • LocationArmpit of America, South Carolina

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Edited by Raekwon, 24 February 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#183 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 February 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

People have different expectations and priorities. That was the mix up here.

Kurita seems to treat CW as Warfare while Davion was looking at it as a friendly cricket match.

"I say old chap, why exactly did you just hit me in the face with your bat? I shall have to ask the ref to flag you for that, but after the match we can go out and have a pint at the local pub to show there are no hard... OWWW!!!" --As the Kurita guy hits him again breaking a knee.--

#184 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

So now that PGI has claimed the planet where the great Clan vs IS battle happened, and are gearing it up towards an epic battle to close out the cycle before a reset....I think its safe to assume that Luthien was no accident? lol

#185 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:57 AM

View Postpwnface, on 24 February 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

House Kurita has already offered peace to Davion but was rejected. Maybe if we take Robinson you guys will reconsider?

If the Marian hegemony were around, I bet they could put together a truce.

Edited by ChefGerstmann, 25 February 2015 - 02:01 AM.

#186 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:42 AM

View Postpwnface, on 24 February 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Robinson

#187 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

When Davion knocks Kurita back every world they took +1 and Davion holds Dieron, would that be a good time to talk about a truce?

That is the fundamental issue. There is never going to be anyone who accepts a "I submit" ceasefire. Mutual annihilation will happen first.

That is why nobody complains about what happens with Marik; we're playing with the map. Right now our alliance benefits from Marik taking those worlds to get into position. Since we're on the same page about long term objectives we don't flip out over it.

As to ceasefire between hostile factions, ebb and flow. No reason to make treaties when you're down. Do it when you're up again.

#188 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

The take away from this is that Davion was foolish for not rolling Kurita and Liao non-stop on every cf when we could regardless of any other factor. Need to kick your enemy hardest when they are down we didn't and are paying the price now.

Yes. You -were- fools.

Now you want Kurita and Liao to be equally foolish.

The Federated Suns has been the centuries-old enemy, and the only thing that would change it's stripes is sufficient pain to have them cry "No more! No more!" until they find another stick to bedevil you once more. The beast does not change on the inside,however you paint it.

No. The solution to a mad fox is to shoot it and burn the corpse. The ashes will be fit for fertilizer, anything else is a poisonous wound in the Inner Sphere, left to fester.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users