• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

Edited by Sean Lang, 20 March 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

Good information. A little shaky in delivery at the start but great by the end. We need more of this.

#3 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

New Video added to OP: Quirks

#4 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

Consider adding the UI 2.0 tutorial. I remember that being very intimidating when it was released.. And the only reason we're good with it now is because we've mucked around in it for so long now hahaha

#5 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 23 March 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

Consider adding the UI 2.0 tutorial. I remember that being very intimidating when it was released.. And the only reason we're good with it now is because we've mucked around in it for so long now hahaha

I'll be doing that after the new 'mechlab' comes into the game!

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

Very cool Videos thanks

I am 9 months in and did not know some of the information

About 80% of the time I die because I heat shut down and that's after testing my Mech on caustic (I test all my Mechs on caustic)

Probably 50% of the Mechs I kill they are in heat shut down lol

#7 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostSean Lang, on 20 March 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

New Video added to OP: Quirks

Hey Phil, a short guide on VOIP and recommended usage would be cool. The "KISS" principles, understanding that VOIP and participation is voluntary (they will ignore you sometimes), giving alerts, "Check UAV" etc that we normally do?

Been thinking about doing something like that with Panda and the boyz. :)

#8 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

I watched your video so I could learn something and I did. That button that keeps your torso mounted weapons still looks pretty useful. I have some info and tips to add.

Here are some controls you can tweak for personal preference:

•You can make it so arm lock toggles on and stays on.
•You can set your mouse wheel if you have it to zoom in and zoom out freeing up a third weapon if you have a limited weapon. Don't worry it goes all the way to advance zoom.
Sean did not mention override which allows players to break their heat cap and keep fighting at the risk of components falling off. This option can be quickly toggled back on in the middle of overheating to save the rest of your mech. There is a small grace area that you can fire over your heat and not suffer a penalty. If your Mech is not elited you may be suffering from extreme shutdown syndrome which can only be cured with the override key.

There is also a very important key that does not see much use and that is the show target overlay key. This key default set to Q allows you to see your friendly mechs names and percentage enabling you to see what mechs are taking heavy damage on your side. It is a very useful tool.

There is a map key you can use in match set by default to the B key. Also useful for planning your next move.

Finally don't leave out the num keys which allow you to autorun at a certain percentage of speed. With this you can set your weapons group on the move, look at the map and use the target overlay key.

#9 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:00 AM

This is a great video which introduces the Lore of MWO, voiced by a friend of Sean Lang!

Edited by MavRCK, 11 December 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#10 Hammer of God

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNE Missouri

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

These vids are great stuff for a us new guys. Thanks for taking the time to make them, and then share them with us here..

#11 HappiDada

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

I created this video for new players to introduce them to the UI including builds and explaining some weirdness that I didn't know when I was new (like the 3 mech mastery).

Please let me know if anything should be improved as I am working on a whole Lore Based series of tutorials that will be talking about CW.

THANKS!!!
HappiDada

#12 Veridio

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

I came back after a long break away from Mechwarrior to provide some more helpful content, including guides and tips to help new players in general. This one focuses on what mech to buy as a new player and what to tweak in the settings menu.

#13 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

I run a Training Night most Saturdays for the players in my Unit. I typically stream them and then port them over to YouTube. Until now, I've kept the video list as "Unlisted" so that it could be an exclusive resource for my Unit. However, with all of the new players that I'm running into these days, I thought it would be better to release it publicly. None of the pilots in my Unit have objected, so, here goes:

https://www.youtube....f3rGq5_d5Wdtw6I

^That's the playlist link. The vids are all unedited, so they tend to be a bit long. Viewers will likely need to skip around a little.

Constructive criticism and advice on improving these Training Sessions is also appreciated if any other vets want to chime in.

Thanks all!

- Nightmare1

Edit: Some of the vids have aged a little and contain outdated info with regard to some Mech stats, weapon stats, and game mechanics.

Edited by Nightmare1, 01 January 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#14 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

View PostHammer of God, on 15 December 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

These vids are great stuff for a us new guys. Thanks for taking the time to make them, and then share them with us here..

No prob!

#15 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 02 January 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Hi team,

Here are some tips for Scouting Mode in Faction Play.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WMtH2CcE0X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good hunting, MechWarriors!

Embed failed.

To embed, copy the YouTube link, click on the "hyperlink" icon next to the "image" icon in the Reply Box, and then paste the link into it. The embed codes and stuff don't work other than that one.

#16 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

Hi Team,

Here are some tips for Scouting Mode in Faction Play:

Good hunting, MechWarriors!

Edited by Lionheart2012, 02 January 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#17 Castel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOccitania

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Very informative, thanks.

#18 chiller2k3

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

I think MoltenMetal is worth to mention here, he does make great tutorials and other MWO videos. Even if it might be some advanced stuff, i think even new players can learn a lot from his videos :)

#19 Cave Raider

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGalloway NJ

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for posting these vids guys they will help me alot!

#20 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

Although my YouTube channel is mostly geared towards experienced players, I have a few guides targeting newer (1-2 month) players.

1. A recommendation of which mech to buy first (updated in 2018) for general purpose and IS-specific players. This video goes beyond "what's easy for the new guy" and lists 5 criteria that I think are important for your very first mech investment

2. A two part tutorial on how to use ultra autocannons effectively. Here we discuss what makes UACs superior to regular autocannons in most cases and the cases when they're not. How to maximize the effectiveness of the ultra autocannons. When to use LBX autocannons versus regular or ultras.

3. The importance of hardpoint locations, which many players ignore when choosing mechs.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 14 May 2019 - 02:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users