69 replies to this topic

#41 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:33 AM

Right now I do not see an immediate need for PGI to implement much more tools to organize yourself. The Queue information screens are informative enough to enable a reasonably informed team to make smart choices.

We have been able to generate good success by communicating in the chat, that we will be using ingame VoIP to lead the drop. For some "weird reason"(sarcasm) everyone had VoIP turned on after 30 secs and we got a very coordinated easy win out of the fight.

The tools to have good CW are mostly in place in an acceptable implementation. The fact that the bigger faction wins the most territory is nothing unheard of in online games either. Actually makes sense somehow.

If you want to organize something you could, already.

Personally I am against implementing an AI, because that part of the game will only be interesting for beginners that have less then 100 games played. After that the AI will just be a victim that is constantly provoked into the one situation that it does not handle well.

The 12 person PuG ghost drop is still taking the sector. I can do it alone without anyone else helping in 10 minutes....no challenge for 12 PuGs. The current system allows the next ghost drop into the queue the minute the first team goes in. Meaning the next ghost drop goes in 20 minutes after the "real fight" began. Ironically the ghost dropper No.1 will be ready to start its ghost drop timer right away after team 2 goes in. Already defining the counter attack as "next game to be played" freeing the team that just fought to take over ghost dropping and effectivly halting the assault of the FRR team.

In that hypothetical setting 3 teams that won't win a single drop against the FRR team will effectivly keep the planet down to 1 sector captured. The one counter attack that the FRR team will win every time...the rest will fall to ghost drops. There is no way around implementing a ghost-drop timer that is slightly under the average CW-Match time, anything else is an automatic zerg win.

Reduce the impact of quantity and focus on getting quality matches under way...thats the design decision they need to make.

Edited by ClaymoreReIIik, 10 March 2015 - 07:40 AM.

#42 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

when i could not find a spot in the 12 man teams i droped into the frr defense vs ghost bear at shirotori (sunday) and it was 10 kurita pilots and 2 davion defending(with success)
sadly we as a faction with 3 clanborders need to defend frr while marik decided to do a meaningless war on our south border and to attack davion and steiner to fight boredom.
having perm contracts our loyalist units can not simply switch over to frr to support them for a day or 2
having 3-5 planets under attack and attacking 1-3 regulary we simply can not afford to move whole units around.
even with our current , merc bolstered, numbers we are stretched.

#43 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

callmejon's a good guy and should be an asset to the FRR

Just to chime in a little bit, Kurita is often outnumbered based on all the fronts though perhaps not as outnumbered these days as FRR. The way to counter that is to be even more organized. This isn't meant to slight FRR's command since even Kurita can be pointing multiple directions at a time, but when you have all pilots engaged in one task, it's easier to win a planet. I'm not an official person in DC by any means, but I would think that if there are enough extra pilots for FRR to be sent defending Accrington, then those pilots should instead be reconquering FRR worlds.

Ghost drops and light rushes are not fun, but they do help you learn the map and they are quick to do. It's also a good way to practice for when you need to do a last wave light rush to take out Omega and win the game. Also, with all the people in the Clans, chances are if you queue up on a planet with no defenders, they will fight back. Thus it wouldn't be a ghost drop. If you just light rush to start off for the first few ticks, then you can use later matches to play a full game. Look at it this way. A successful light rush can win a tick in 3 minutes and a full match can take 10-30 minutes.

Attacking is easier than defending. Tactic-wise, defending is very hard to do. If you are attacking though, you can never lose a tick unless it's a counter attack (which is in itself like the skirmish battle mode). Perhaps you lose the planet you could've defended but you'll trade that for the planet you attacked.

So, my advice to FRR would be to keep trying to get their pilots pointed in one direction, focus on attacking and queue up even if there aren't defenders because most likely the Clans will show up. Use ghost drops and light rushes to learn the map including optimal routes, hidden sniper spots, etc.

Edited by Michael Costanza, 10 March 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#44 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 10 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

callmejon's a good guy and should be an asset to the FRR

Just to chime in a little bit, Kurita is often outnumbered based on all the fronts though perhaps not as outnumbered these days as FRR. The way to counter that is to be even more organized. This isn't meant to slight FRR's command since even Kurita can be pointing multiple directions at a time, but when you have all pilots engaged in one task, it's easier to win a planet. I'm not an official person in DC by any means, but I would think that if there are enough extra pilots for FRR to be sent defending Accrington, then those pilots should instead be reconquering FRR worlds.

Ghost drops and light rushes are not fun, but they do help you learn the map and they are quick to do. It's also a good way to practice for when you need to do a last wave light rush to take out Omega and win the game. Also, with all the people in the Clans, chances are if you queue up on a planet with no defenders, they will fight back. Thus it wouldn't be a ghost drop. If you just light rush to start off for the first few ticks, then you can use later matches to play a full game. Look at it this way. A successful light rush can win a tick in 3 minutes and a full match can take 10-30 minutes.

Attacking is easier than defending. Tactic-wise, defending is very hard to do. If you are attacking though, you can never lose a tick unless it's a counter attack (which is in itself like the skirmish battle mode). Perhaps you lose the planet you could've defended but you'll trade that for the planet you attacked.

So, my advice to FRR would be to keep trying to get their pilots pointed in one direction, focus on attacking and queue up even if there aren't defenders because most likely the Clans will show up. Use ghost drops and light rushes to learn the map including optimal routes, hidden sniper spots, etc.

As an FRR unit (EU time) you do not get to do Ghost drops. The moment you queue up to attack a clan world there will be defenders there within 3 minutes. By the time you conquered 3 sectors you will have defenders within 20 seconds and there will still be 2 full teams ghost dropping the sectors you gain back. After maximum 2 hours you are stuck playing only defense in counter attacks while the planet ticks down bit by bit (every 14 minutes 1 sector).

Thats fine and everything, the fights are kinda fun, but in regards to the map border changes its simply mass > class.

#45 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

As a new player to the FRR faction, and a new member of OLD, I'll share my experience in CW.

Until last week, I've only played as a Steiner, and for the most part, a PUG. The difference between dropping with a team and dropping as a PUG is night and day. As a team, we rarely lose. As a pug, I rarely win.

Rules for CW:

1. If you want to be successful in CW, join a unit.
2. If you want to expand the territory of your faction, recruitment is vital to expansion. The team needs to be diverse as well. If you're team consists mainly of NA or EU players, there will be times when the majority of the team can't play and the boundaries will reflect it.

#46 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 10 March 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

If we would get our act together and control American and European timezone they can do as they please during oceanic and still not gain ground.

Fact is, we don't control european and american timezones at this moment....lets work on that.

control us?? try again bro... just because you see things going down in your time frames, DOES NOT MEAN it is any other time zone's fault... the same crap going on for you, happens to us... maybe the right answer would be not controlling the euro and NA markets, but for us to take control of you... sounds asinine doesn't it?

You will never CONTROL any other time frame than your own and you can certainly qq about losing worlds while you sleep, again that garbage happens to all of us, not just you guys.... reel it in a bit dude

#47 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostUminix, on 10 March 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

control us?? try again bro... just because you see things going down in your time frames, DOES NOT MEAN it is any other time zone's fault... the same crap going on for you, happens to us... maybe the right answer would be not controlling the euro and NA markets, but for us to take control of you... sounds asinine doesn't it?

You will never CONTROL any other time frame than your own and you can certainly qq about losing worlds while you sleep, again that garbage happens to all of us, not just you guys.... reel it in a bit dude

Calm down. All I was saying is that we (FRR in total) need to be better/more successfull then the clans in 2 out of 3 timezones in order to hold our ground. When I look at the units that are registered as affiliated to FRR there is a majority in the timezones NA and EU.

Try to be a bit less pissed off and a bit more understanding for people that do not have english as their native tongue....

#48 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 10 March 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Calm down. All I was saying is that we (FRR in total) need to be better/more successfull then the clans in 2 out of 3 timezones in order to hold our ground. When I look at the units that are registered as affiliated to FRR there is a majority in the timezones NA and EU.

Try to be a bit less pissed off and a bit more understanding for people that do not have english as their native tongue....

Actually what you wrote was quite precise, nothing to misunderstand there. And I agree, we have to find a way of countering the sheer numbers that are thrown at us. On a level playing field we would beat the **** out of the clanners.
We have to minimize the fronts and everybody should go to the FRR hub.
There is no excuse for an FRR pilot to drop solo. If you are in a unit or not, get on the hub and group up. Its a lot of fun und you are going to win most of your matches. The clans are very beatable. If you're not there you miss out.

FRR hub TS3 server:
frrhub.tk:9725
pw: Dragon

#49 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 10 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'm not an official person in DC by any means, but I would think that if there are enough extra pilots for FRR to be sent defending Accrington, then those pilots should instead be reconquering FRR worlds.

To be honest we only dropped in Accrington because we could make a difference there. We couldn't field enough FRR troops to finish taking a world and we had secured the last two planets we had. Often the last few hours before NA primetime ceasefire the FRR can barely scrape together one full drop.

We could start light rushing but in the end this is a game and we don't find it fun (at least my unit anyway).

#50 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

From what I've noticed most FRR pilots have given up on CW. The FRR Hub is virtually "dead" compared to how it was just a few months ago (even more so if you compare it to a year ago). My guess is that many remaining units have chosen to stay on their respective TS servers rather than using the Hub. Do any of you still do private match scrimmages against one another?

#51 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostTabu 73, on 10 March 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

From what I've noticed most FRR pilots have given up on CW. The FRR Hub is virtually "dead" compared to how it was just a few months ago (even more so if you compare it to a year ago). My guess is that many remaining units have chosen to stay on their respective TS servers rather than using the Hub. Do any of you still do private match scrimmages against one another?

Many RP's jumped ship for clan waters, in the ranks of the enemies you will find them.
Or they went somewhere else where life was easier, like you did.

What is left are hardcore FRR, who are not afraid to fight when the odds are against them, players who seek out challenges rather than asking to be compensated and pampered by PGI in order to play.

#52 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostAbivard, on 10 March 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Many RP's jumped ship for clan waters, in the ranks of the enemies you will find them.
Or they went somewhere else where life was easier, like you did.

What is left are hardcore FRR, who are not afraid to fight when the odds are against them, players who seek out challenges rather than asking to be compensated and pampered by PGI in order to play.

Posted Image

#53 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostTabu 73, on 10 March 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

Not mad at all, simply stating facts in reply to your post, I don't blame you or anyone else for going someplace where it is easier. I actually prefer that those who can't stand the heat leave for cooler and greener pastures.

The FRR lifestyle is simply to challenging and hardcore for most people to enjoy in CW, I would rather have rock solid companions then fair weather sailors any day of the week.

#54 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

Not much left to say at this point. Few FRR warriors remain. We are outnumbered no matter what we do. We don't care. We are hardened, determined, and vicious. We still draw breath so we fight. Clanners pay for every fight against the FRR in blood. A lot of blood. Breed more pilots so we can shed more of your blood.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 10 March 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#55 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

How about a simple suggestion.

Attack Hermagor, Defend Grumium!!!
If you want to play CW, please queue these 2 and try to join on FRR TS.

Even if we don't win or defend these 2 planets we will distract clanners from other places.
If we keep at Hermagor, sooner or later clanners will slip up and we will win it.

Having no planets to defend means we can focus 100% on one planet like honey badgers with horned helmets. Don't expect fast wins, just keep sustained pressure until they can't take the viking onslaught no more.

Hermagor has pizza and mead.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 10 March 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#56 Ozzy Stormlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationStormlight's Castle.........if your in the know..

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

Untill they (PGI) fix the way CW works ( i.e. capture times and ECONOMY!!! ) the Rasalhague will always be the first to fall to the clans... we are not big enough to stand the onslaught of 4 clans and hold our own borders against the houses who dont recognize us anyway.... comstar only takes interest late in lore... but since there is no comstar here... The FRR has been reduced to nothing in 3 1/2 months of community warfare....

I am a loyal FRR pilot.. however the unit i am with right now isnt... and i know if circumstances were changed... we might have a shot at stopping their (the clans) advance....

but, with constant merc contracts for CLANS ( not right) and the non loyalty of the majority of the units in CW ( they all just want LP) there is no viable way for this to "alliance" to work...

I will fight to the end for the FRR.. even if that means giving up the Skaldjorg "mercs" i like so much..

SO .. TO VALHALLA!!!! for the right to be the FREE RASALHAGUE REPUBLIC!!

#57 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

View PostAbivard, on 10 March 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

Not mad at all, simply stating facts in reply to your post, I don't blame you or anyone else for going someplace where it is easier. I actually prefer that those who can't stand the heat leave for cooler and greener pastures.

The FRR lifestyle is simply to challenging and hardcore for most people to enjoy in CW, I would rather have rock solid companions then fair weather sailors any day of the week.

Posted Image

Role play all you want, it won't help you in the game.

Edited by Tabu 73, 10 March 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#58 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostTabu 73, on 10 March 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Role play all you want, it won't help you in the game.

Are you needing this?
Posted Image

RP lol

#59 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

Angry puppies left the Steiner border to attempt to hold Hermagor. Epic fail :)

#60 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

ALL YOUR HERMAGOR ARE BELONG TO US :) :) :) :) :)
Massive props to the 1COGers and others that won the planet.

Lets choose what planet to go next in Callmejons poll and all hit that planet with the full force of our mead-fueled horn-helmeted hordes!!!

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 11 March 2015 - 01:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users