#1 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

Just because I was curious after the last updates to the Unit Spreadsheet[1]

Here are the biggest Units in the Game... by biggest those that have a membership of 151 or greater... a random number I grabbed that gave me about 20 units

Posted Image

Now of course everything is an estimate since we can't pull game data and its all self reported by the units themselves.. buuuuut thats the world we live in.

#2 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

Are RRB, -H- and ELP even active? I have never seen them.

#3 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

RRB is active on the davion border. When we were actively on that front back in January/February you'd see them every 1 in 5 drops or so, they tended to come either as 12 or 8 mans.

#4 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

Oh, yeah, southern houses ain't really in the game. It's like AA baseball.

#5 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

There's a joke in there somewhere about Zeece wanting to know the size of everyone's unit.....

#6 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

We also have more than 151 members !

[BoR] Brotherhood of RANDIeSt ( as RANDIS is a reserved name, I had to use something similar :P )
Posted Image
Of course we are loyal to the smaller power of the Deep Periphery "Brotherhood of Randis", and act as MERCS in MWO which only take contracts from Inner Sphere factions.

Edited by Brother MEX, 18 March 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#7 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

ELP is certainly active. They ran a Liao contract a bit back.

Mind you, a lot of those numbers don't even remotely reflect the number of CW-active players vs. people who took a unit tag, went back to solo/group queue, and never looked back.

#8 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

View Postwanderer, on 17 March 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Mind you, a lot of those numbers don't even remotely reflect the number of CW-active players vs. people who took a unit tag, went back to solo/group queue, and never looked back.

I would say half to a third of those numbers per unit is more accurate as far as CW populations go.

Edited by DarthRevis, 17 March 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#9 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Interesting, but I'd be more interested in knowing how many of those players are still active and how many of those units actually field their numbers in organized groups. Too bad we can't get that unless PGI decides to be more transparent with faction numbers, CW or otherwise.

#10 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

All those 'unit sizes' are a bit of a joke. They must include tons of inactive players. If Robinson's Rangers all dropped in CW, without any additional units or pugs, Davion would be dominating CW.

#11 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

The Mercstar numbers are inflated, as usual, even counting every inactive, multi-account, and non-cw player in the unit. BWC states they have over 400 MWO players on their website...CGBI has a very small group that plays CW and in the last two months it seemed like the overall size of the unit has decreased by a large amount...this list just doesn't seem accurate, especially when considering active players in CW.

#12 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

If you take those numbers and divide by 4, I think that's a fairly accurate representation of active players that play CW throughout the day. Divide that smaller number by half again to get the average total players dropping CW during prime time. For most of the larger units that would come out to around 30-60 players dropping during prime time, which from visiting many teamspeaks of different large units, seems fairly accurate.

Now, by no means does this mean there's a lack of influence. Any unit dropping 3-4 12man teams during prime time is going to have a huge influence on CW.

#13 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 17 March 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

The Mercstar numbers are inflated, as usual, even counting every inactive, multi-account, and non-cw player in the unit. BWC states they have over 400 MWO players on their website...CGBI has a very small group that plays CW and in the last two months it seemed like the overall size of the unit has decreased by a large amount...this list just doesn't seem accurate, especially when considering active players in CW.

Well the units with 40 guys really have 5, so you gotta scale it to reality...

#14 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

Even if we can't get valid data about activity, this list tells us something other:
~50% of the most populated units are mercs. That is a lot of movement across the Inner Sphere.

Even if they aren't that active, this have a deep impact on game balance, right?
Most of us "knew" that already, but it's good to see that numbers.
Thanks Zeece.

#15 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

Kuritan officials estimate a total of 69-420 NKVA samurai.

#16 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:09 AM

View PostBrother MEX, on 17 March 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

We also have more than 151 members !

[BoR] Brotherhood of RANDIeSt ( as RANDIS is a reserved name, I had to use something similar :P )
Posted Image
Of course we are loyal to the smaller power of the Deep Periphery "Brotherhood of Randis", and act as MERCS in MWO which only take contracts from Inner Sphere factions.

1/2 the reason I put up these posts is to help guys make sure my Spreadsheet is up to date and discover new ones.... Until Fox gets me the API its all up to my fingers and yall helping me out... So thanks alot for getting me the info to add BoR into the 860 units on the spreadsheet so far.

View PostHelloKittyWarfare, on 17 March 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Even if we can't get valid data about activity, this list tells us something other:
~50% of the most populated units are mercs. That is a lot of movement across the Inner Sphere.

Even if they aren't that active, this have a deep impact on game balance, right?
Most of us "knew" that already, but it's good to see that numbers.
Thanks Zeece.

Totally.. Mercs rule the game!

View PostChef Kerensky, on 17 March 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Interesting, but I'd be more interested in knowing how many of those players are still active and how many of those units actually field their numbers in organized groups. Too bad we can't get that unless PGI decides to be more transparent with faction numbers, CW or otherwise.

Like I said on the reddit thread there is no way of mining active players currently so we are stuck with what we got unfortunately. Tis better than nothing.... and alot more than what PGI has given us.

#17 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:04 AM

As Kitty could have pointed out before:

The PHL seriously has this number of players, our unit leader Edema kicks inactive members every other month.(he's just plain mean and everything ;) )
So yeah, the Phonix Legion is big with numbers.

Regarding CW and competive play: We only compete in CW as this was our goal all along these days. No MBO, no other legaues.
And now the important part: How many of our players are actively playing CW?
Well we do have 6 set Training dates over the week, so at least one 12 man 6/7 days. Adding to that we tend to have 1-2 random 12 mans on every day AND every few weeks we have our operations where we try to mobilize big parts of the unit. We normally have ~6 12 mans on those days.

#18 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:45 AM

Unit numbers are a joke... any unit that can field a single 12 man during primetime is huge

#19 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

TCAF greets you!
Posted Image

Edited by Krigg, 18 March 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#20 Paul GadlinG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 178 posts
  • LocationRussia, Seversk

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

A little bit of CCAF TCAF promotion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users