Inner Sphere Resistance Badges

93 replies to this topic

Poll: IS Resistance Badges (308 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you satisfied with the new Resistance collection badges?

1. No. They must match those on the Resistance collection page. (175 votes [56.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.82%

2. Voted Yes. I like the new badges. (56 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. I don't care (77 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

Greetings PGI,
On March 17 you injected Inner Sphere Resistance faction content packs. It is great, the new skins looks very impressive, colors and hanging items are also useful, sometimes. But! Yesterday you injected the Resistance collection badges and many players cannot understand why these badges
Posted Image

Suddenly turned into these
Posted Image

It looks like a case of unfair advertising. I mean it was YOUR decision to show these awesome badges on the Resistance collection page from the start of the sales. I know some people who bought Resistance collections only for the badges, this isn’t so much compared to 260$ for the gold skin. I think it is obvious that they are very disappointed by this sudden change and their confidence in MWO is shaken.

Therefore, I have decided to conduct a poll and find out if the players, who bought a Resistance collection, are satisfied with the new badges. I hope you will take the results into consideration just as you did with the Clan avatars.

Best regards.

Edited by Varhait, 20 March 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#2 DustySkunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

I'm not particularly happy with the new badges... especially since they seemingly have nothing to do with the resistance packages at all. The package names were Fire, Rage, Fury and Wrath.... we got badges with swords, hammers, scythes etc.

:wacko:

What's up with that?

Yes, please give us the advertised badges.

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

I don't care about the badge - like all the droelf hundred thousends of "bonus" Cockpit Steins, Cups, Mugs, Gebamsel.... i don't need a single badge more as I'm showing.

But the OP is right - i can't even remember there was a "statement" about the change

#4 Igor Kozyrev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

Absolutely. I'm one of those dummies whose decision was partially based on the appearance of those awesome badges. Not a fan of new ones. Flat design is just a fashion trend which will worn out sooner than you might think.

#5 Evengar Dragonis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

Oh, no!
Windows 8 and Android 5 style?
It is really very ugly style.

#6 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

It does not bother me personally (I have what I want to display to a point, "The Devoted" would have a nice ring though) but I do think it is rather false advertising if the badges were changed without any prior notification.

Was there any hint of the change? Beats me, I only see whatever topics are on top, I seldom dive into the forums. :ph34r:

#7 Igor Kozyrev

• WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

Also I'd like to point out, personally I'm not against small icons in the game being different from skulls, because I understand it's a tough question how to make those skulls distinctive enough when you have 8x8px picture. But for the forums no doubt I'd like to have the original ones.

#8 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

I understand that it was meant to be "cool", because the new badges and their colours would match with the houses.
But why not combine the two different styles? Ppl wanted cool skulls with flames, now we have colourful crests with minimalist symbols that, in the case of Steiner, are pretty hard to identify. At least you should have made cool skulls with house colours.
Also we should at least have been asked. It's not ok and I ask myself why PGI does this same mistake again and again. ASK YOUR COMMUNITY!

#9 Hospy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

I actually like the new badges (not a huge fan of running around with skulls) but I can understand that people didn't get what they wanted.

#10 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

I just had to vote yes because these are bonus badges and have awesome sauce all over them. Actually I would like to keep both as I would use the skull one in forums and the spear in the game.

I don't even know what spear, hammer and the other even mean or represent but they are a must keep.

We need a poll option to keep the ones we received and still get the skull versions we were sold.

#11 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

It's very unfortunate that there's no sense of unity between any of the mech packs. The Founder badges, Clan badges, Phoenix badges and Resistance badges look like they may as well belong to 4 entirely different games.

I don't see why PGI feels the need to reinvent themselves with every mech pack. It would be much better if all Inner Sphere badges had a common theme with variations, and the same was true for Clan badges.

#12 Igor Kozyrev

• WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Clan badges actually do have common theme. But I can not disagree with you that IS badges could use some uniform theme.

Edited by Igor Kozyrev, 20 March 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#13 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

Hey!

Basically the reason they were changed is due to the badges being so small in-game (16x16).
The skulls being the same color and similar shape were barely recognizable from one another in that size.
So therefore the change was made to better differentiate them!

#14 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

I much prefer the new badges. I'm not a huge fan of skulls, wings, lightning, and fire everywhere. Reminds me too much of that Tapout garbage and "hooah hooah" Army shirts the tough guys wear all the time.

#15 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

Thx Tina.
I think this is an understandable reason. But it still leaves the question behind, why the community haven't been asked. The last couple of months should've shown, that the more communication pgi does the more satisfied the community is.
Tell us the reason for a change and let us at least choose between a few other design variants.
After all I think that the colour thing is a nice Idea, but the symbols are pretty awkward.

Edited by Tarzilman, 20 March 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#16 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 20 March 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Hey!

Basically the reason they were changed is due to the badges being so small in-game (16x16).
The skulls being the same color and similar shape were barely recognizable from one another in that size.
So therefore the change was made to better differentiate them!

Thanks for answer Tina, but... Are you serious? I can't speak for everyone, but personally I do not mind if you completely turn off ingame icons instead of changing forum badges.

At least can you give us ability to use original badges on forum without using in game?

Or, if they are barely recognizable, maybe possible to use flame/horns/wings/lightning/skulls with different colors?

Edited by Varhait, 20 March 2015 - 02:04 PM.

#17 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

...guess that means i'll have to stay with my "marshmallow on a stick" forum badge -_- .....still .....next time they better tell us beforehand.

#18 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

If they were horse skulls, I might care.

However, I hope you guys get the badges you actually paid for.

#19 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

These are crap. absolute crap badges. I get most don't like skulls and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference but spending more then the 5 minutes it took to make these would be appreciated.
Your excuse of not being able to tell the difference in game is pretty poor too. These are not the first badges you did. You knew what size it would end up being before you designed them so excuse me if my sympathy is lacking.
End of the day its a dumb little badge i don't much care about. I just personal like the ones you made and was some what excited to proudly wear um. Ill pass on what StrikeBrch said "marshmallow on a stick"

Edited by LordLosh, 20 March 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#20 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostVarhait, on 20 March 2015 - 06:08 AM, said:

I know some people who bought Resistance collections only for the badges

lol!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users