Community Warfare Tutorial/guide Video Contest Event! (Now ended)

66 replies to this topic

#1 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

Hey MechWarriors!

Help your fellow pilots participate in CW events (like this one) by teaching them what the Community Warfare is all about!

In this forum event, you must create a Community Warfare guide or tutorial video!

3 Top best video creations will be chosen by the end of this event and these winners will receive 3,000 MC each!

Every player who participates by submitting a video (which apply to the rules!) will receive 3 Days Premium Time.

Rules:
Must be about the Community Warfare!
No spectator view mode allowed!
Some effort required!
Have fun!

The due date is Friday April the 10th! (you got 2 weeks from now!)
By this date, the thread will be closed and will no longer accept any more submissions and the 3 winners will be chosen and announced!
(prizes will be handed out after the event ends!)

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

Just ask Koniving. I'm sure he's got something up his sleeves. (He is the official New Player Welcome Committee, as well as generally knows all that needs to be known about everything. ;) )

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

View PostTesunie, on 26 March 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

Just ask Koniving. I'm sure he's got something up his sleeves. (He is the official New Player Welcome Committee, as well as generally knows all that needs to be known about everything. ;) )

Tempting. And there is time to make one. Maybe I'll get out a video tutorial that I actually like and release (beyond some basic in gameplay ones like the BattleGrid or the Stalker champion vid).

I know Spike Brave will definitely be participating (he's even already got one to submit if I'm not mistaken).

Looking forward to this, though I'll have to get started this Tuesday though; I work morning Friday and nights Friday night through Monday night.

(Also I'm not the only person with the welcoming committee honor.)

#4 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hey IDK about you guys but at least they are asking the Community to do it :X it may not be for maps but this is still something., So "Ganbare!"

#5 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

View PostTina Benoit, on 26 March 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

No spectator view mode allowed!

Dammit I just got it too :(

Challenge failed...just didnt have enough time to get it put together :(

Edited by Kanajashi, 13 April 2015 - 02:45 PM.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

Heh. Spectator view mode (the flying anywhere camera) would be cheating anyway. It's virtually impossible to get and most couldn't compete against that.

#7 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

Some effort required!

Damn!

#8 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 March 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Heh. Spectator view mode (the flying anywhere camera) would be cheating anyway. It's virtually impossible to get and most couldn't compete against that.

Just use a SDR-5V with max jumpjets and HUD disabled. Has comparable mobility to the spectator camera. :D

#9 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

Well here are mine. This one is IS v IS

and this one is IS V Clan

Edited by Spike Brave, 26 March 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#10 Ian Drsaurri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 107 posts
  • LocationKentares IV

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

Cool
Reserved!

Getting Started Part 1

Edited by Ian Drsaurri, 28 March 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#11 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Looking forward to seeing these as I have had such a horrible time in CW and not having good mechs to compete in my deck that I don't play it. Never had 1 win and hated the thing even though it was what I was looking forward to when I came back after a year to try it out.

Edited by WANTED, 26 March 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#12 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostIan Drsaurri, on 26 March 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Cool
Reservered!

P.S What do you mean by spectator mode. Do you mean the glitch or how you spectate after you die

The spectator mode they are referring to is a special privilege some players are given who steam and provide commentary for community run tournaments and so on. It's given on a player by player basis and allows them to essentially watch a match with a free look camera and monitor things like the % health of mechs and so on.

#13 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

P.S What do you mean by spectator mode. Do you mean the glitch or how you spectate after you die
Talking about the Spectator Tool which is only available to fewer than a dozen people in the community, thus it would be unfair if those people that have access to it... used it in their entry here.

Edited by Tarogato, 26 March 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

The CryEngine spectator mode. Here's a quality video made with it. To note, that series will not be continued. (Sadly). Any NGNG video possessing non-gameplay information about mechs also uses it.

Edited by Koniving, 26 March 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#15 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

An interesting challenge but it won't change the fact that CW still requires a co-ordinated and skilled group to be able to successfuly complete a match in it.

Edited by GetterRobo, 26 March 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#16 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

What about foreign languages like German, French, Russian?

#17 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

Quick question: No spectator cam I understand. What about previous NGNG and PGI video that uses spectator cam, and reusing that footage?

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Using someone else's work to produce your own!? Blasphemy! (Well at the very least if I do put forth the effort here it'll be original recordings made for it rather than stock footage).

Still a good question for others.

#19 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:30 PM

Some guides require collaboration. Maybe someone can even have another translate or voice over in a different language for broader appeal or need teammates to demonstrate specific actions. Just for the sake of those who work with others, I'd like to ask if only one account can receive the benefits/prizes? Larger groups might be encouraged to join if they can get their recruits some nice things.

Would be nice to do this again later on when CW maps are available in training grounds and private matches.

Good luck to the participants :)

#20 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

This event interested me until I saw the offered prize of 1,500 MC (≈$8) or consolation prize of 3 days of premium time (≈$2.50). For me personally, any work I turn in that I would deem 'acceptable' would require more than an hour of work. Being 'paid' less than minimum wage for a project that PGI would actually use for the promotion of MW:O sounds more like volunteer work than a contest.

Now I understand being limited in time and resources and reaching out to your community for support/assistance and framing it as an event. I have done that myself in the past for various games I have worked on for occasional assistance in bug hunting, guide writing, etc. That is perfectly fine. If I am wrong in the assumption PGI would actually use these entries, please feel free to correct me.

But if you want quality work, give a reward worthy of the work you want to see.

Edited by jeirhart, 26 March 2015 - 07:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users