Why Are We Fighting Each Other And Not The Clans?

41 replies to this topic

#1 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

Good morning,

I've seen that we have dropped against each other a few times in the past few days why? Shouldn't we spend our time keeping the clans at bay? Why waste the time when there is an enemy that will end us both? I understand why people are fighting Kurita (which should end too)as they have been attacking everyone but if we can stop IS on IS fighting for now I say why not. Like the US and Commonwealth forces allying with the Soviets in WW II to defeat the greater threat. Let's take a page from that book.

Regards,

Andy

#2 Ron Ron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

Die, Clanner

#3 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

ummm I am new to this but I fight for the FWL (IS) and am promoting for ALL (Kurita too dammit) of us IS factions to fight the CLANS. Did I miss something?

#4 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

Because fighting clanners is boring! Also, if you want to fight the clans you should probably join a faction that actually borders them.

I cannot understand the mentality of people who think we should "all work together!" and then join the house where they can do little to help...

#5 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

You missed politics, headaches, miscommunication, trolling, agitators, broken deals, trolling, miscommunication, trolling, deals made that those who didn't agree with would work to break, mercs who would not listen house and do whatever they wanted to, bored players looking for a fight, those who have a particular enemy they want to fight that isn't clans, people who just play to create havoc and discord, trolling, miscommunication, (insert another 29484 reasons here) and finally just cause.

Also Lightning0861 we have take more planets from Steiner and though his is beta they do owe us more then a few pokes. So we take some they take some when we are free from other fronts... basically just worked out we seem to agree its part of game and we don't even bother arguing with each other about politics.

#6 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

I joined THE FWL because before I knew the community they were my favorite in lore. Now that I know them I feel even better about it. I just thought we would come to the defense of IS planets. Don't need to border them to fight them. Maybe I'm wrong. Apparently I've over stepped my boundaries here lol bowing out of the topic then. I am now informed.

#7 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostLightning0861, on 20 March 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

I joined THE FWL because before I knew the community they were my favorite in lore. Now that I know them I feel even better about it. I just thought we would come to the defense of IS planets. Don't need to border them to fight them. Maybe I'm wrong. Apparently I've over stepped my boundaries here lol bowing out of the topic then. I am now informed.

We tried to help other Factions to defend against the Clans in the Past - but these Factions were not really thankful for that ("Merc Pig go home" + lots of trolling and so on) - or did not take note - but accused us of only backstabbing other IS Factions , so we went back fighting for Marik again and ignoring the Clan Fronts until we got our own Border with the Clans and can attack them actively. Beside that : this is Beta and our Behaviour might be a different one when CW is out of Beta. No one really knows what will happen then.

BTW this Week we attacked Steiner from Marik Space but also defended Steiner Planets against Clans ;)

Edited by Joe Decker, 20 March 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#8 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

View Postmp00, on 20 March 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

You missed politics, headaches, miscommunication, trolling, agitators, broken deals, trolling, miscommunication, trolling, deals made that those who didn't agree with would work to break, mercs who would not listen house and do whatever they wanted to, bored players looking for a fight, those who have a particular enemy they want to fight that isn't clans, people who just play to create havoc and discord, trolling, miscommunication, (insert another 29484 reasons here) and finally just cause.

Also Lightning0861 we have take more planets from Steiner and though his is beta they do owe us more then a few pokes. So we take some they take some when we are free from other fronts... basically just worked out we seem to agree its part of game and we don't even bother arguing with each other about politics.

Lightning, MP00 is our senior diplomat and widely respected among the majority of the community. But what he says is true. There were mistakes on Marik's part, mistakes on other's part, and a metric ****-ton of trolling, chestbeating, and "I told you so's" from everyone. e-Peen honor had to be saved, legit elite units [-NS-, 228, ACES, 313T, most of NKVA, some of SRoT, etc, etc, etc] had to show the kiddies how it was done, and the band-wagoners had to fall off the wagon.

It's been surprisingly much calmer recently, lol. Anyways, just have some good fights and know that for the most part a lot of the ****-cyclone has subsided. I'm sure as we all work out our mutual aggression, and CW crippled-baby-crawls out of Beta, a more cohesive focus will appear.

Besides, we're Marik. By the lore, we rarely have a cohesive plan anyway, lol.

:)

Edited by Khanesh Loral, 20 March 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#9 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

I fight clans every so often. I go with the team but personally I don't like how clan players fight. It makes for boring games. At least when you fight IS you get a nice mix of battles. I don't blame the clans, I put that on Pgi for.the way they balanced them.

#10 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

For the simple reason that not everyone wants to. Hell, I plan on taking a break from the front lines, eventually, and touring the southern houses.

#11 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Purple chickens, this invasion doesn't concern you nor house davion nor house liao. So just go back and chillax (and invade some Steiner planets plleeeeasse)

#12 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 20 March 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Because fighting clanners is boring! Also, if you want to fight the clans you should probably join a faction that actually borders them.

I cannot understand the mentality of people who think we should "all work together!" and then join the house where they can do little to help...

Yep, you FWL people should probably focus on fighting house Liao or Steiner

#13 Kerc Kasha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

i fight everyone because im strong
i'd fight kurita too if I could

#14 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

View PostLightning0861, on 20 March 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

The Marik Clanners started fights they couldn't win. that's why.

View PostKerc Kasha, on 20 March 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

i fight everyone because im strong
i'd fight kurita too if I could

word.

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 20 March 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

It's been surprisingly much calmer recently, lol.

Not actually surprising. Bullying unresisting enemies who are too demoralized even to talk trash anymore is not as fun as fighting good players.

#15 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

Pssst Liao and Marik are in an alliance and are perfectly happy letting the rest of the houses fall to the clans. Then. We get all your players.

This has been the plan for ages.

#16 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:23 AM

View PostLightning0861, on 20 March 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

ummm I am new to this but I fight for the FWL (IS) and am promoting for ALL (Kurita too dammit) of us IS factions to fight the CLANS. Did I miss something?

Yes, that the poster was a member of NKVA. Part of thier whole schitic is that they see everyone who isn't a Drac as a clanner. That way the can claim to be "fighting the clans" even when they are dropping against IS.

Edit:
On the bright-side it did give us this thread...

Edited by HlynkaCG, 22 March 2015 - 01:24 AM.

#17 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 21 March 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Pssst Liao and Marik are in an alliance and are perfectly happy letting the rest of the houses fall to the clans. Then. We get all your players.

This has been the plan for ages.

that's an astonishingly stupid plan

#18 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

Because infighting is in your nature. The Inner Sphere is full of barbarians, and we will bring order to it when we capture Terra, and reinstate the Star League.

Edited by Gigastrike, 22 March 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#19 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 22 March 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Because infighting is in your nature. The Inner Sphere is full of barbarians, and we will bring order to it when we capture Terra, and reinstate the Star League.

no it's an astonishingly stupid plan because if kurita is somehow eradicated i'll join the second evilest faction in the canon, the Jade Falcons.

#20 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

Simple. Various players are tired of constantly playing loosing matches against Clans. At least against other InnerSphere Factions there is a good chance of winning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users