Clans Lost 50 Planets During The Weekend Event...

Balance

455 replies to this topic

#1 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

So about that "Clamz OP plz nerf" stuff...yeah...not so much.

EDIT: Updated title to accurately reflect the updated status.

Edited by Gyrok, 31 March 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#2 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:53 PM

8 Planets? Those neglect the complete expansion of the Clan Forces so far or what? You want a lollypop?

#3 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 27 March 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

8 Planets? Those neglect the complete expansion of the Clan Forces so far or what? You want a lollypop?

EVERY. SINGLE. TARGET. WAS. TAKEN. for the Inner Sphere from Clans.

To add...there were over 99+ on every planet we could defend or attack all night. We most often had as many ourselves.

However, live in your dreamworld with TT bias.

Edited by Gyrok, 28 March 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#4 War Dogz

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

Ah don`t worry soon We the I.S will get another 5 tons in the drop deck and shall push the clans back in to deep space.

#5 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:17 AM

View PostWar Dogz, on 28 March 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Ah don`t worry soon We the I.S will get another 5 tons in the drop deck and shall push the clans back in to deep space.

that's not going to happen. weakling.

#6 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostWing 0, on 28 March 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

that's not going to happen. weakling.

Either Russ gives IS five more tons, or he's taking away five tons from the Clans. Either way, Russ has been thinking about it. I'm not saying I agree with it.

And that said, I'm still happy with my 230-ton dropdeck.

View PostGyrok, on 28 March 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

To add...there were over 99+ on every planet we could defend or attack all night. We most often had as many ourselves.

What's the matter, first night the Innersphere can field enough pugs to keep the Clanners perma-locked in counter-defend and can't make any ground... and you have to make a thread about it? Enough with the whining, please, there's already enough threads. =P

Edited by Tarogato, 28 March 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#7 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

More the reason why I do not really play CW much for the past few months... and at this rate, MW: O in general.

Already getting under the blue knowing my adder is doing worse then a panther... even if the panther had a standard engine... and many more of my clan mechs have simular blues.

#8 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:48 AM

Allright, because the Clans lost 8 planets, without knowledge how those losses happened (you know, unimportant stuff like who fought who, premades, pugs and stuff), the IS tech is OP when compared to Clantech?

Sounds legit.

#9 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:53 AM

View PostTarogato, on 28 March 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

Either Russ gives IS five more tons, or he's taking away five tons from the Clans. Either way, Russ has been thinking about it. I'm not saying I agree with it.

And that said, I'm still happy with my 230-ton dropdeck.

What's the matter, first night the Innersphere can field enough pugs to keep the Clanners perma-locked in counter-defend and can't make any ground... and you have to make a thread about it? Enough with the whining, please, there's already enough threads. =P

Yea Idk why hes complaining about that? We need a lobby is all you know so people have time to either talk or join the existing teams ts were almost there. Lots of pugs on both sides are trying to get the cashmoney from selling that free scrow but many of the 12man teams have moved innersphere since they probably capped rank so its just pugs ending up on the wrong side of the fence homie stuff happens. Also the clans lose this war dontcha' know?

View PostThorn Hallis, on 28 March 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Allright, because the Clans lost 8 planets, without knowledge how those losses happened (you know, unimportant stuff like who fought who, premades, pugs and stuff), the IS tech is OP when compared to Clantech?

Sounds legit.

minus the sass I agree with your call for info

#10 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:49 AM

View PostGyrok, on 27 March 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

So about that "Clamz OP plz nerf" stuff...yeah...not so much.

Nah, it´s just that NOW WE have the better pilots. That´s all. Learn to play. *rofl*

Edited by Der Hesse, 28 March 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#11 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 28 March 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

Nah, it´s just that NOW WE have the better pilots. That´s all. Learn to play. *rofl*

Stop that you are implying that clan ONLY won by having better pilots...

#12 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:58 AM

I think perhaps the faction rewards shifting had something to do with it. I don't see many players that aren't very new complaining that clantech is OP.

I'm actually of the opinion that IS loadouts have more potential in an organized group than clan loadouts. Clan loadouts seem to be "easier", especially for newer players, but IS quirks seem to put a slight edge for their side when groups can get into brawling situations.

#13 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

Clantech should be more OP and balanced in other ways.

#14 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

It's amazing what a fully staffed IS can do, huh? Hopefully it carries past the event.

#15 blackndecker17

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

It would be really sad if the Clans weren't losing planets since basically all major merc groups are in the I. S. Now. Even permanent groups left clan for I. S.

#16 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

The point he is trying to make that a lot of you low information players are missing is all you see on the forum is crying from IS players about how OP Clan tech is and yet they were able to take 8 planets against it. Pretty much proves the point that Clan tech is NOT OP.

Want to see OP? Take a look at what the top tier teams run in pub drops and you will see that when you combine, teamwork, good players, crazy good quirks on IS mechs with good builds and you will see them just rolling everyone non-stop. You see, for them its not about wining since that is already in the bag they are just trying to see who can get the most kills the fastest which is why they run IS mechs.

#17 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:49 AM

As I just said in another thread;

The Clan losses in CW have little to do with Mech balance and more to do with population balance. I knew the moment the new event was called the Clans were going to lose ground because;

-There are 6 IS factions, and only 4 Clan factions.
-All the clan factions are underpopulated compared to 4 of the IS factions
-Only members of the same Clan can attack a planet, while any IS player may defend it.

The Clans will lose ground solely because they're horribly outnumbered. Combined, all 4 clans are probably equal to an IS faction (save FRR), but because the clan players are split into four, it's impossible for us to take ground faster than we're losing it.

This has nothing to do with IS/Clan balance but is an integral problem with the way Clans were set up in Community Warfare.

#18 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostLord0fHats, on 28 March 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

As I just said in another thread;

This has nothing to do with IS/Clan balance but is an integral problem with the way Clans were set up in Community Warfare.

That is exactly the point. As it is, 12 man more on 1 side can effectively decide if a planet switches or not, no matter who wins the matches. So, planet numbers have absolutely nothing to do with mech balance at all. But as it is, people will probably never understand that.

#19 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:10 AM

This has nothing to do with balance. Numbers wins.
see:
http://mwomercs.com/...ds-to-be-fixed/

The side with one more 12-man wins the planet (attacker or defender) and can lose 100% of games doing it,

So IS took 8 clan planets but the clans could have won 100% of matches with that outcome.

Russ probably has real data on the actual games but planet flips and clan front progress (or losses) is not the measure

You need to rename your thread "IS had more teams than clans last night"

Edited by Chemie, 28 March 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#20 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

all these "Clans losing planets has nothing to do with balance" comments make me laugh.

how many threads were created that proclaimed "Clans are OP... look at the map!" ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users