Cw Being Ruined...

558 replies to this topic

#1 Kyp Durron

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

This weekend I was playing CW when we experienced multiple 12 mans, including the all light/all assault combos, among others.

After being in several rounds of this, I noticed comments from some of the guys who were playing CW for their first times saying things like "I think I'll just opt out of this CW thing" and "Is this the way it always goes?"

This just isn't working as intended right now. It doesn't track with the Battletech universe that you can run around in a bunch of lights and roflstomp the entire enemy force. On no less than 4 of my 10 matches today, we had the light rush essentially win, then pull back so that they could farm us for the next 20 minutes. Also ran into a 12 man that did a complete Stalker set, etc etc.

I don't have a problem with people playing in groups. I recognise that it's a good part of the game, but let's be clear. 12 man groups clearing house, and we all know they do, isn't conducive to people enjoying themselves. Not everyone has patience to play a mode where the rounds are up to half an hour, the queues are longer, and occasionally you'll load a match and know right off the bat you're going to get wiped out.

PGI needs to implement some sort of changes. Something to avoid the light rush in the opening waves, and perhaps limiting groups to less than 12 in CW, or placing larger groups into a different queue. When a 12 man goes up against a team of all pubs, it's a slaughter.

Slaughtering noobs may be enjoyable to some, personally it doesn't hold much interest for me, but I would hope we'd all be rational enough to agree that it isn't real healthy long term for CW. Every time you get someone who decides CW isn't for them, you're reducing the player base.

#2 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:29 AM

die clanner.

#3 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

Light rushing is still a thing? Thought the boredom of it killed it, mostly, off. Rarely see it with the folks I run with, anymore (thank the gods...[redacted] boring way to play).

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 31 March 2015 - 04:00 PM.
Language

#4 madhermit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostStrykewolf, on 28 March 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Light rushing is still a thing? Thought the boredom of it killed it, mostly, off. Rarely see it with the folks I run with, anymore (thank the gods...[redacted] boring way to play).

If its a tactic that wins, then it will be used. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 31 March 2015 - 04:00 PM.
Language

#5 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:59 AM

This is not a good place for people who aren't in units and that makes me sad.

#6 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Teamwork is OP.

If they were farming you with lights, they'd have farmed you in heavies or anything else. It's not the tactic, it's the teamwork aspect.

When Pugs willingly follow along with whatever others are doing (those that are trying to herd the cats) they can often reap surprisingly positive results.

#7 aughten

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

I've only played cw maybe a couple of times before this weekend and so far i'm 1-8 on mostly pug vs some sort of combination of groups + pugs on the opposing team. I think spawn camping is a big issue for this mode. most of the time, it ends up that the opposing team is just waiting for the fresh mechs to drop, a few seconds later those new mechs are done.

I still get the 80-something points for the event but frankly it has not been as fun.

#8 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 28 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

die clanner.

ditto

Run some streak & LuRM builds, you're a clanner remember? Or laser vomit their legs. Our IS team took out 2 waves of organized lights from a well-known light rushing team. If you can't take out lights fighting you, you're doing something wrong.

#9 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

I have yet to play with my unit this weekend. I've had roughly ten drops in CW. One of those was a stomp. Five were against organized teams. Five were complete pugfests with people in trials on both sides. Overall, this event has been fine.

The biggest problem I see is that people think they should have a chance against superior teamwork and tactics. That simply isn't how it works. In those fights where you know you are outclassed, don't play to win. Play to hurt them, to slow them down, to learn teamwork, to learn the map.

If the only thing that makes a game mode successful is a win, then half the people are going to think the game mode fails every game.

#10 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

View Postmadhermit, on 28 March 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

If its a tactic that wins, then it will be used. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

I choose to hate both.

#11 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Most players play deathmatch instead of CW , CW is broke, boring, and too much trolling from 12 mans both on forums and in game. CW needs fix or it will be a failure , the competitive groups can whine all they want about how we're not playing the game right. But in the end, if you want new players to play your game having them be RoFLstomp is not what they want, it's not fun

Edited by Czarr, 28 March 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#12 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

Well, teams are the community. teams=CW.

#13 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 28 March 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

Oh is that so? is that exclusive for club members only approach also the reason why new players are quitting CW like rats fleeing from a sinking ship ?

#14 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

View Postmadhermit, on 28 March 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Don't hate the game, hate yourself for not being able to beat it. ;)

View PostTelmasa, on 28 March 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

I choose to hate both.

Personal responsibility isn't your thing? :ph34r:

:lol:

Edited by Mystere, 28 March 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#15 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 28 March 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

ditto

we have been doing better than normal this weekend. I don't think it's down to "wah-wah meta" either. But I do agree with the overall message of the OP that minmaxing and metahumping make the CW less fun. As well as the long assed wait times. Holy hell!

#16 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 28 March 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

in my opinion monney = CW
so unless the most paying MWO players are in those 12 man teams they should seriously alter this dinamique

#17 Crosell

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

As a returning to MWO, I did the cw and im just hoping to get my 20 matches and be done with it. Its not particularly fun. Its very meta mech heavy,. I think ive won maybe 2 out of the 15 or so matches. As a pug its not particularly fun and id rather just go to the other mode as I can feel the majority of pugs feel the same way. Team tactics win out for sure,m as much as someone can try and be the leader of pugs as I am often the only one on voice chat trying to get pushes going or coordiante its just more of an exercise in frustration than anything else. 6 more games and good riddence.

#18 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostCrosell, on 28 March 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

As a returning to MWO, I did the cw and im just hoping to get my 20 matches and be done with it. Its not particularly fun. Its very meta mech heavy,. I think ive won maybe 2 out of the 15 or so matches. As a pug its not particularly fun and id rather just go to the other mode as I can feel the majority of pugs feel the same way. Team tactics win out for sure,m as much as someone can try and be the leader of pugs as I am often the only one on voice chat trying to get pushes going or coordiante its just more of an exercise in frustration than anything else. 6 more games and good riddence.

Yea man, no one plays CW anymore. Thier is only like 129 or so people who play it. I would say 98% of MWO players play Deathmatch cause unlike CW Deathmatch is actually fun I don't have to wait 20 mins just to be target practice for a 12 man trolls

#19 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

CW needs objectives, ressources/buildings/starports to capture and leverage advantages of. The maps need to be BIGGER and teams spawned in different locations APART from one another with time sensitive objectives to realistically take or defend within reasonable reach of said spawns so people can't just deathball to victory. What we have right now is just dropship mode and it got boring after one week back in 2014... surprised it took some peopel this long to notice.

This beta has served its purpose well as far as I am concerned, now I know what I don't want CW to be :)

#20 mxlm

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostStrykewolf, on 28 March 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Light rushing is still a thing? Thought the boredom of it killed it, mostly, off. Rarely see it with the folks I run with, anymore (thank the gods...f'n boring way to play).

A light wave to take out enemy heavies and assaults is both effective and great fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users