Misc

30 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

Hi all! I made a personality-style test to determine what kind of combat style best suits you as pilots! Answer the questions to see what kind of a MechWarrior you are! :D

Please note that the test is very new and likely needs some tweaking. If you think that the answer you get is not right, feel free to let me know so that I can re-examine some of the possible answers to see if their points need adjusting.

Link here: http://www.helloquiz...mbat-style-test

#2 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

Neat test! I am the 'tank' ^_^ Not sure if I'd agree with the clanner part though. 63% Brawler, 31% Scout, 54% Skirmisher, 48% Sniper, 50% LRM_Support, 72% Direct_Fire_Support, 77% Tank, 59% Leader, 4% Squirrel and 46% Clanner!You detest sitting in the back. You detest sitting at all. For you, leading the charge and soaking up incoming fire is your destiny. You seek to be constantly at the front, firing everything at everything as you provide a shield for your allies. It is up to you to punch a hole in the enemy lines and secure the victory for your side. Mechs like the Atlas, Banshee, and King Crab demand your attention!

Edited by Mech42Ace, 12 April 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#3 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostMech42Ace, on 12 April 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Neat test! I am the 'tank' ^_^ Not sure if I'd agree with the clanner part though. 63% Brawler, 31% Scout, 54% Skirmisher, 48% Sniper, 50% LRM_Support, 72% Direct_Fire_Support, 77% Tank, 59% Leader, 4% Squirrel and 46% Clanner!You detest sitting in the back. You detest sitting at all. For you, leading the charge and soaking up incoming fire is your destiny. You seek to be constantly at the front, firing everything at everything as you provide a shield for your allies. It is up to you to punch a hole in the enemy lines and secure the victory for your side. Mechs like the Atlas, Banshee, and King Crab demand your attention!

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

#4 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 12 April 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Hi all! I made a personality-style test to determine what kind of combat style best suits you as pilots! Answer the questions to see what kind of a MechWarrior you are! :D

Please note that the test is very new and likely needs some tweaking. If you think that the answer you get is not right, feel free to let me know so that I can re-examine some of the possible answers to see if their points need adjusting.

Link here: http://www.helloquiz...mbat-style-test

I'm a Brawler!
Spoiler

Yes, I am.
Accurate test is accurate.

But I recommend you to replace the "Clanner" in the list for something like "Duelist".

#5 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 April 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

I'm a Brawler!
Spoiler

Yes, I am.
Accurate test is accurate.

But I recommend you to replace the "Clanner" in the list for something like "Duelist".

Thanks!

Duelist is a good idea. To be honest, I threw Clanner in to serve in the same fashion as "Other" normally would on similar questionnaires. Clan and IS combat differs only subtly, but I thought it was enough to warrant its own category. I like your suggestion though; I think I will go in there and change up some things to make it a bit more consistent and just remove "Clanner" all-together. It'll just be an IS test then with "Duelist" taking its place.

Maybe I'll do a separate one for Clan Combat.

#6 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 13 April 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

Thanks!

Duelist is a good idea. To be honest, I threw Clanner in to serve in the same fashion as "Other" normally would on similar questionnaires. Clan and IS combat differs only subtly, but I thought it was enough to warrant its own category. I like your suggestion though; I think I will go in there and change up some things to make it a bit more consistent and just remove "Clanner" all-together. It'll just be an IS test then with "Duelist" taking its place.

Maybe I'll do a separate one for Clan Combat.

Duelist would be fitting for the Clans in general (because Zellbrigen and stuff) and for some IS soldiers, like the Kuritans. Sure, you can adjust some values, but you would have a test for both IS and Clan.

#7 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

Skirmisher.

I was expecting something more along the lines of "bellacose punching bag with a bite", or something.

#8 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:21 AM

I just finished editing the test to reflect the feedback I'm getting. "Duelist" replaces "Clanner" and point values have been adjusted somewhat to balance the results a bit more.

#9 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

Since you are tweaking your test, here are some suggestions:

"Excel" Engines = replace for Extra Light Engines;
Firestarter = maybe replace for the Jenner, as the Jenner in MWO is very similar in role to the TT Jenner (Firestarter don't);
Athens and Sparta fight basically the same way (maybe you could merge them?).

#10 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:04 AM

Skirmisher here. And it is right, a Dragon is right up my ally.

#11 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

56% Brawler, 54% Scout, 91% Skirmisher, 64% Sniper, 52% LRM_Support, 47% Direct_Fire_Support, 40% Tank, 45% Leader, 10% Squirrel and 75% Duelist

not surprised to see skirmisher and duelist that high :D

i guess 10% squirrel is.. good? lol

Edited by Alienized, 13 April 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#12 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostOdanan, on 13 April 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

Since you are tweaking your test, here are some suggestions:

"Excel" Engines = replace for Extra Light Engines;
Firestarter = maybe replace for the Jenner, as the Jenner in MWO is very similar in role to the TT Jenner (Firestarter don't);
Athens and Sparta fight basically the same way (maybe you could merge them?).

I'm not too worried about aligning it with TT because I have never actually played TT. Couldn't find anyone interested enough in it to justify spending the money on it. :(

That being said, I am considering adding one Mech per weight class. The Jager, for example, would offer Direct Fire Support enthusiasts a better option than Quickdraw or Orion.

Athens and Sparta have different values with Sparta being more tanky/brawly and Athens being more Scout/Skirmisher/Support. Both have roughly equal leadership. I thought about combining them or eliminating them, but I think they are different enough to warrant leaving them as-is.

#13 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 13 April 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

I'm not too worried about aligning it with TT because I have never actually played TT. Couldn't find anyone interested enough in it to justify spending the money on it. :(

That being said, I am considering adding one Mech per weight class. The Jager, for example, would offer Direct Fire Support enthusiasts a better option than Quickdraw or Orion.

Athens and Sparta have different values with Sparta being more tanky/brawly and Athens being more Scout/Skirmisher/Support. Both have roughly equal leadership. I thought about combining them or eliminating them, but I think they are different enough to warrant leaving them as-is.

OK.. and what about that Justin Bieber?

#14 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

59% Brawler, 59% Scout, 86% Skirmisher, 66% Sniper, 51% LRM_Support, 53% Direct_Fire_Support, 56% Tank, 38% Leader, 10% Squirrel and 53% Duelist!

Looks like I got Skirmisher as well! Can't argue with that, it's just a lot more fun to chuck, duck, and run. For the record, I picked Native American tribes and Wile E. Coyote (because there are those days where no matter what I try and no matter what fine Acme consumable products I use, it all blows up in my face...).

Edited by percolated1, 13 April 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#15 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

tank apparently... I would've thought skirmisher... since you know, i do a lot of hit and fade in MWO...

#16 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostOdanan, on 13 April 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

OK.. and what about that Justin Bieber?

It's the only troll answer in my test. Pick it, and you get +500 squirrel points. To put that in perspective, most answers give between -5 and +5 points with a few special ones giving as many as 10. :rolleyes:

View Postpercolated1, on 13 April 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

59% Brawler, 59% Scout, 86% Skirmisher, 66% Sniper, 51% LRM_Support, 53% Direct_Fire_Support, 56% Tank, 38% Leader, 10% Squirrel and 53% Duelist!

Looks like I got Skirmisher as well! Can't argue with that, it's just a lot more fun to chuck, duck, and run. For the record, I picked Native American tribes and Wile E. Coyote (because there are those days where no matter what I try and no matter what fine Acme consumable products I use, it all blows up in my face...).

Indian Tribes and Wile E. give big points to Skirmishing and Scouting. For humor, I threw in LRM points for Wile E. too since he's always playing around with Acme explosives, missiles, and rockets.

#17 eblackthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:58 AM

The Skirmisher

69% Brawler, 44% Scout, 89% Skirmisher, 46% Sniper, 36% LRM_Support, 72% Direct_Fire_Support, 58% Tank, 51% Leader, 7% Squirrel and 63% Duelist!

Nice test!

Edited by eblackthorn, 13 April 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#18 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 13 April 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

tank apparently... I would've thought skirmisher... since you know, i do a lot of hit and fade in MWO...

Do you remember the questions you selected? The test is still new and probably needs further tweaking.

If you chose armor over firepower, you received more tank points than skirmisher points.

If you chose a heavier Mech, you got more tank than skirmishing points.

Standard Engines over Excel give more tank points too.

View Posteblackthorn, on 13 April 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Skirmisher

69% Brawler, 44% Scout, 89% Skirmisher, 46% Sniper, 36% LRM_Support, 72% Direct_Fire_Support, 58% Tank, 51% Leader, 7% Squirrel and 63% Duelist!

Nice test!

Thanks! :)

#19 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

i guess no one beats my 91% skirmisher ever :D

#20 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostAlienized, on 13 April 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

i guess no one beats my 91% skirmisher ever :D

I have a hard time taking my test because I know how to pick answers to get nearly perfect solutions. It's like subconsciously steering it. :(

I'm glad everyone else is having fun with it though! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users