3 replies to this topic

#1 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

1) Group must be removed from LFG (to prevent players joining to this group) when leader of group click LAUNCH button.
2) And if someone canceled matchmaking - group must be added back to LFG.
3) Also in the message about canceled matchmaking show the nick name of player who press "cancel". So if someone bothering group members by canceling matchmaking again and again, the group leader must know who to remove.

#2 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:43 PM

I agree with every point.

A few more points I'd like to see implemented into the LFP feature:

- Let the group leader set a fixed group size and show this in the LFP window (for example: (3/8))
- Even better would be a system where the group leader can select the number of players AND which weight class they should pilot. If someone is looking for a group, show matching search results in the normal color, and groups which don't match the currently selected mech, in red. Also indicate which weight classes are required to join.
- If a single player is joining LFP, ask that player which weight classes he/she is willing to play and show this info to group leaders who look for more players.

And keep an eye on ELO.
Numerous times I was in 10/12-man teams with a mix of new and casual players and got matched against teams full of competitive teams and players.
Most of these matches ended 0:12 as expected.
This might be the outcome the matchmaker expected, but such matches are no fun. At least not for the loosing side.

#3 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostRinkata Kimiku, on 12 April 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

1) Group must be removed from LFG (to prevent players joining to this group) when leader of group click LAUNCH button.
2) And if someone canceled matchmaking - group must be added back to LFG.

Both can be done with one click by group leader.
It could need some improvements but your mentioned points are no serious issues.

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

Yes, these would deffinitely nice to have features... but not one single one of them is a serious game breaker.

Hotfixes are there to quickly fix broken parts of the game which make it dificult or unplayable for soem or all of the playerbase.

Anything else which updates functions or changes working functions (such as U.I. 3.0... hint hint) are for normal patches whcih can be tested internally and planend ahead.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users