Team Killing

7 replies to this topic

#1 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

So yesterday evening around 2100 hrs GMT+8 for me.
I had about 4 games where I encountered a complete butt of a player who went around Team killing people.

He killed 2-3 team mates than killed himself.
Sent a reply to PGI with a screen shot. This morning got a reply that the matter was settled.

Minor annoyance is that PGI does not encourage the naming of Team Killers (Which I grant can lead to the potential for abuse)

But I was thinking about it and is there some way we can internally among our own Asia Pac players share notes on TK'ers if they don't get taken down?

I dunno, maybe post on Reddit or something?
I do share on my own Facebook group whenever we get a TK running around and so do the rest of my guys, just wondering if it's worth the time and effort to try to co-ordinate.

Just tossing out ideas.

Yes, I do get TK'd a lot but that's usually on account of me hugging my opponents to death, but I'm used to it and so are my unit guys. I just get annoyed when people deliberately TK as it really really reduces my enjoyment of the match. >_<

My $0.02.

#2 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:16 AM

View Postmr bear, on 14 April 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

So yesterday evening around 2100 hrs GMT+8 for me.
I had about 4 games where I encountered a complete butt of a player who went around Team killing people.

He killed 2-3 team mates than killed himself.
Sent a reply to PGI with a screen shot. This morning got a reply that the matter was settled.

Minor annoyance is that PGI does not encourage the naming of Team Killers (Which I grant can lead to the potential for abuse)

But I was thinking about it and is there some way we can internally among our own Asia Pac players share notes on TK'ers if they don't get taken down?

I dunno, maybe post on Reddit or something?
I do share on my own Facebook group whenever we get a TK running around and so do the rest of my guys, just wondering if it's worth the time and effort to try to co-ordinate.

Just tossing out ideas.

Yes, I do get TK'd a lot but that's usually on account of me hugging my opponents to death, but I'm used to it and so are my unit guys. I just get annoyed when people deliberately TK as it really really reduces my enjoyment of the match. &gt;_&lt;

My $0.02.

nah that is too much work for my minimally viable mwoe playtime :)

#3 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostDar1ng One, on 15 April 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

[REDACTED]

You're posting on a forum where talking about the rules is against the rules, and where players can troll and flame to their hearts content as long as they claim it's RP. Don't assume anything about what the mods will do; it's not a hard stretch of the imagination to see someone claiming a screenshot of the instance of getting TKed is naming and shaming.

If you get TKed you screenshot it, report it, pretend that you believe PGI will do something about it, then forget about it and keep playing. Anything else is the definition of insanity.

Edited by Stickjock, 23 April 2015 - 12:30 PM.
quote clean up

#4 MechWarrior380523

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

Oh I just got Team Killed too...intentionally when I was sniping the other team. I guess the ONLY time people can get kills are when they are Noobs and Team killers. If you Team Kill intentionally you should get banned for a minimum of 48 hours. During close in battles accidents are bound to happen but if it is without a doubt intentional I say BAN.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:47 AM

Ahhhh.... This thread is still around and unlocked...
I see why they were looking for APAC moderators... Hohoho...

#6 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

Shoe sometimes is on the other foot. Example had bunch guys insisted we stay at one spot. I questioned it then seen lights for our side might need help. One the "commanding" types in the pug said over voice comms get back here now. I was typing my reply when he rakes my back with laser fire. I said knock that $%^ off or else. He does it again scoring more hits on my back armor. On purpose FF with no enemies in sight It was no accident either. I went ape %^&* killed one them and tried kill the other guy who helped with that as well. I didn't rake their mechs with fire told them not rake my mech with fire. Not to get my attention that way and warned them. After they do it again it was time to teach some manners. We lost the match due to this but they learned lesson don't tap me with laser fire in my assault when no enemy is present. I went off the deep end about it but this comes from I have seen some guys do the Kuritia tactic of shooting off their sides mechs back armor so they wont retreat. In many close battles your going need that back armor. Except when people exploit and shoot through to the side armor that is already gone but that is topic for another day.

#7 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Just a friendly warning, all incidents of in-game violations or griefing should be sent to support@mwomercs.com per our Name and Shame policy.

#8 Moist One

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationPanties

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

Relax Darling, its just a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users