#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

STARTS: April 24th, immediately after the 2 PM PDT ceasefire
ENDS: April 27th, immediately before the 2 PM PDT ceasefire
What is the Battle of Tukayyid?
In BattleTech lore, the Battle of Tukayyid was a massive campaign that pit the combined forces of the invading Clans against the entirety of the Inner Sphere.
As the sole governing body of Terra - recognized by Clan and Inner Sphere alike as the jewel of the Inner Sphere - ComStar challenged the Clan forces to a 'batchall': a ritualistic trial of combat which the honor-bound Clans would not refuse. To prevent the total devastation of Terra and its unparalleled industrial infrastructure, it was agreed that the ultimate battle would instead take place on the remote agricultural world of Tukayyid.
If the Clans achieved victory under the stated terms, they would claim Terra without ever needing to step foot on its soil. If the Inner Sphere forces were able to hold the line at Tukayyid, the Clans would agree to a 15-year truce.
When the dust had settled, the Battle of Tukayyid had become the single largest engagement in the history of ‘Mech warfare, and brought an end to the Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere.
The Battle of Tukayyid is the first major event in the MechWarrior Online Community Warfare Beta phase.
For the victor, the spoils of this battle will be significant. For the loser, there are still rewards to be gained even in defeat.
Whatever the result, there will be much honor to claim for Clan and Inner Sphere alike, and the names of the mighty will live on for all to see.
Who among you has the will and strength to lay claim over the Inner Sphere?
The Main Event
  • Tukayyid will be the sole battleground for the duration of the event. No other planets will be up for contention.
  • The planet will be comprised of 63 Zones.
  • The battle will commence with all 63 of those Zones under control of the Inner Sphere Houses.
  • The goal for the Clans is to seize control of over 50% of those 63 Zones by the end of the event.
  • The goal for the Inner Sphere is to maintain control of over 50% of those 63 Zones by the end of the event.
  • The game modes will alternate between Invasion and Counter Attack, but which mode you play will depend on the timing of your drop.
Leaderboards
Along with the Primary Goal of winning control over Tukayyid we will also have Leaderboards, both for the Top Factions on each side and for the Top Units of each Faction.
Personal Challenge
There will also be a Personal Challenge, which will require that players achieve a minimum Match Score while participating in Battle of Tukayyid matches.
Specific details on the Personal Challenge conditions will be provided closer to the start of the event.
Rewards
We have created 38 in-game Banner Cockpit Items for the Main Event and Leaderboards.
For the Personal Challenge there will be additional participation prizes available, such as XP, C-bills, Consumables, and more.
How you will prepare for the Battle of Tukayyid
  • You or your Unit must sign a Contract with the Clan or Inner Sphere Faction of your choice in order to participate in this Event.
  • If your Contract period expires naturally during the event, starting a new Contract with a different Faction will contribute any newly-acquired points to the Leaderboard of whichever Faction you decided to forge a new alliance with.
  • As of April 21st, the cooldown period for breaking a Contract will be 72 hours. You will thus remain aligned to your previously-contracted Faction for the duration of that 72 hours, and you will still be able to fight for that Faction. However, you will not be able to start a new Contract until that 72 hour cooldown period has expired.
  • If you want to remain with the same Faction for the duration of the event, you must either ensure that your contract does not expire during the event, or you must ensure that you start a new Contract with the same Faction.
  • If you want to switch Factions in time for the Battle of Tukayyid, you must ensure that you give yourself enough time for the cooldown period to expire.
Additional Information
  • A match must end before 2PM PDT on April 27th in order to qualify as a Battle of Tukayyid match.
  • Matches that are still ongoing after the 2PM PDT cutoff period will not qualify.

#2 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

One of the most important battles in BT that, canonically, takes place over 20 days, is condensed into one weekend. We've had prize grab events that lasted longer.
:-/

Maybe I'm just bitter because I'll be away, and have been looking forward to this for a while.
Hope it's fun.

Edited by xeromynd, 17 April 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

Good stuff

But the reward is what is going to really define this event imo

#4 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

I hope MC becomes a reward for this challenge.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

I'd like a list of what we'd get as rewards as the whole point of the event is showing off.

#6 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 17 April 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

One of the most important battles in BT that, canonically, takes place over 20 days, is condensed into one weekend. We've had prize grab events that lasted longer.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I'll be away, and have been looking forward to this for a while.
Hope it's fun.

Keep in mind this right before a map reset - this is not likely the last "battle for tukayyid" PGI puts on.

#7 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

It's probably going to be a fun event, and it's a neat test of something a little different than usual for the game.

It's a shame that it won't have any real consequences, though. If the IS wins, it's not like they can just make every clan player stop playing. If the clans win, then I guess the war is over and Battletech history would have been rewritten?

But neither is going to happen, the map is just going to be reset and every battle that's happened on this long first phase of beta means nothing.

I'd almost rather see MWO go with an alternate history for each season, i.e. next season the home clans (Diamond Shark, Steel Adder, Snow Raven, etc) invade instead, or maybe a different invasion corridor happens, maybe they just set up the territory map to give each faction an equal size and shape to start. I know none of these would be canon, but then, what's about to happen is going to break canon anyway.

At least it will be fun to shoot people over the weekend.

#8 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

I hope I see a lot of you guys in there. Should be loads of fun :D

#9 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

Hope it's fun.

I like how the first reply to this thread is someone complaining about it. Never change, MWO forums, never change.

This actually sounds interesting and I'm stoked to see what kind of rewards are given throughout the event.

#10 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostWill9761, on 17 April 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

I hope MC becomes a reward for this challenge.

That would be welcome. I say more mc for mechbay purchase

#11 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

Edited by TripleEhBeef, 17 April 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#12 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

I say at the Conclusion,
IS should get there ER-ML & ER-SL, maybe LFE#(150, 250, 350),
Clan should get Unlocked Endo & Ferro(with Fixed Points in the Mech),
Probably not but i can hope cross fingers and wish right?

#13 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hope it's fun.

It's much better than the last battle of Tukayyid. That is, a regular SEA timezone grab.

#14 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

Count me in KURITA STYLE!

#15 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

IT HAS BEGUN....

#16 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

FYI:

The Battle of Tukayyid.

#17 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

Maybe it's not that important, but the question that does not let me sleep is:
Why exactly 63 sectors?
I mean, it's obvious that an odd number of sectors is required to make a 50-50 draw impossible.
But as we currently have five CW maps, wouldn't a multiple of five make more sense? Like, maybe 65 Sectors?
OH WAIT....
PGI do you maybe plan to ninja-insert TWO MORE NEW CW maps?
(because 63 is a multiple of seven...)
great, now i won't sleep until friday probably, after my brain has come up with this :D

Edited by Vincent Lynch, 17 April 2015 - 06:50 PM.

#18 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

Awesome. I'm sad that there's bitching from the very start of this thread, but really: this is basically a test event for large scale conflict on one world as well as a fun way to end the first beta run.

We all knew there would be a reset, and we knew there'd be no major "story" changes. This is a great way to wrap up the first run.

I think it'll be tons of fun.

#19 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

View Postaniviron, on 17 April 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'd almost rather see MWO go with an alternate history for each season, i.e. next season the home clans (Diamond Shark, Steel Adder, Snow Raven, etc) invade instead, or maybe a different invasion corridor happens, maybe they just set up the territory map to give each faction an equal size and shape to start. I know none of these would be canon, but then, what's about to happen is going to break canon anyway.</p>
</p>THIS. Specifically the different invasion corridors!Like, what if each clan were to invade from another direction, one from coreward, one from rimward, one from spinward and one from counter-spinward? (That's north/south/west/east for you non-geeks) So each IS house had at least one, but no more than two clans to fight (at least in the beginning of the season)?*drool* I want this so much...

Also sorry for the crap the HTML tags of the quotes do in Firefox...
This doesn't happen when i comment without quoting.

Edited by Vincent Lynch, 17 April 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#20 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

This event had better have some really, REALLY juicy rewards at the end. If it doesn't, them I know which planet to stay the hell away from.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users