712 replies to this topic

#701 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

Agreed reward 5mil too low for 50 matches (25 game hours) with no life.

#702 Mosadoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

I hope in the next CW event PGI will make the goal more easily to achieve for both sides.

I enjoyed this event, but I was on clans side without any waiting times.

#703 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostWronka, on 01 May 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

How can people still be spewing straight trash about how IS is so powerful from quirks, clan is so weak, clan weapons are so bad... blah blah. Cut the crap guys, Clans won the event. Clearly they are more powerful.

On a more serious note, I did want to say thanks for the event to PGI. I didn't get anything out of it since I was only able to participate in 4 matches during this event, but aside from the ridiculous wait times for IS, it was fun. Also, I think another thing to look at is scoring. 80 points is extremely low and easy to achieve in a CW match. I think a weighted system of more points if you score higher would be better next time. Most of my matches were over 300 points, but I got the same single point for it as the guy that just died after doing 500 dmg and getting his 80 points. It would make it possible for people like me that are good players, but simply do not have the time to play 50 matches have a chance at the real prizes in events. Just my thoughts.

You said on a more serious note... So Ivm guessing the firat part is a joke :P Cuz the event swung back and forth... Time of day seemed to be a greater influence on the outcome than anything else. Clans won over night, IS morning, Clans afternoon, IS evening. Really weird to watch...

I like the idea of doing well enough qualifying you for multiple points quite a bit...

View PostVlad Striker, on 01 May 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Agreed reward 5mil too low for 50 matches (25 game hours) with no life.

But... You didn't get just 5 mil for 50 matches... You got 9.5 Mil, 8500 gxp, 450 MC, a free assault mech, and some piddly crap no one cares about... You got 5 mil for doing another 5 matches. Not a bad deal at all.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 01 May 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#704 Sukrai

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

I agree with the rewards being less than stellar, but I'll also say that I still had a lot of fun! Hope to see you all in the next event!

#705 LonestarrSB

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

rewards to low? extra stuff for playing the game? you people are crazy. Sure the 50 point one is 5 million....but total in just C-bills (not including what's earned in game) you get 9.5 million. That is pretty good for just playing the game. Not to mention a choice of a mech, GXP, and MC along with it. The rewards were great! Thanks for the awesome event PGI! I thought it was a hell of a lot of fun!

#706 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

I mean the last reword was not so great as assault mech for 40 pts. And why banner is grey???

Edited by Vlad Striker, 01 May 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#707 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostFrytrixa, on 01 May 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

- poor reward for grinding 50matches (you give out an uique item at 5matches but reward the grinder with only 5mil cbills?)

- waittimes defenitely too long

- no elo no fun

- no story wrapped around the event - I know what tukayyid stands for but I dunno why I should grind the 50s

Jeez you and Vlad Striker are the type of whiners that PGI can never ever please, I ask myself the question you players like you even play this game when nothing which PGI does is good enough for you.

I myself had fun and I seldom played CW (only got to Nova Cap) but I managed the 50 points easy in 53 games spread over the 6 days made a ton of Cbills on the side and was very happy with the rewards, so thanks PGI I had fun and I like what you are doing, I know that you cannot play catchup for 2 wasted years for some players but at least you are trying and more importantly you are listening to reason (like extending this last event) so I will continue to spend my money happily here rather then give it to dumb deaf and blind Devs found at Failjin (Gajin War Thunder) or Wargaming to mention a couple.

#708 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 01 May 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Jeez you and Vlad Striker are the type of whiners that PGI can never ever please, I ask myself the question you players like you even play this game when nothing which PGI does is good enough for you.

only critics, not more - I had a lot of fun and awesome matches, I would also play, if there were no rewards :)

#709 Seeter 721

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

The good old IS times are gone...
Now its time to fight harder!
Posted Image

#710 BurningJM

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

As Battletechfan i started playing mwo cause of the cw gamemode and for events like Tukayyid. I had a great time and be able to play 50 games ttl with 40 points at the end but the q waiting times IS side made it really hard to achieve this (cost some sleep cause at a point where 40 is pos you get ambicious ). Not everything went fine from the beginning but you do your best to improve and fix things close to problems (keep up the good work like the contract switch). I think you sure learn out of the events and I just wanna say thank you and hope for more improvement for the game mode to tear more Players into the CW mode. Cause CW is war n Solo Q Training.

Edited by BurningJM, 01 May 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#711 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

IS lost cause few reasons. First: IS mechs require much more skill and organisation from team members. Second: IS mech without hard optimization = Trashcans and even most "optimized" trial mechs still hard to pilot by newbies. Son in the end wave of pugs on trial clans(which are not perfect but close to good) much more dangerous then IS pugs.
My 1st squadron lost zero fights, but this was senseless effort. When we win 1 drop pugs loosing 3. So basics mech imbalance lead clans to victory. (all current clan units one big violation of clan code of honor(and basic MW rules) but this dont worth any attention because ALL pilots here are IS actially - no exeption).

P.S. PGI srsly cockpit item flag "I'm Lost Takyyd" was realy awesome. Can you add option "Drop to trashcan for this item personally" Who realy will place flag "i'm looser" into his cockpit? Other items are very bad quality no textures on flag and it's looks like "take and get lost".

Edited by Nexano, 01 May 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#712 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

I have 54 matches with only 1 unsuccess when I must do my own business and leave the game. But grey banner and 5 mil vs assault mech looks unimpressive as prize fond :) I HAVE fun but law of competition is law.

Other items are very bad quality no textures on flag and it's looks like "take and get lost".

Agreed! It would be like holiday with fireworks and pony riding and memorial tablets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users