Clan Mechs Are Awful.

292 replies to this topic

#101 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 25 April 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Does a Centurion have any chance of beating a Stormcrow? A Blackjack? A Vindicator? A Kintaro? A Trebuchet? Does a Cataphract have any chance of beating a Timberwolf? A Quickdraw? Catapult, Orion, Grasshopper?

I'd list all the rest, but I'd hope the point is clear.

I stomp on Stromcrows all the time, turns out that Stormcrows don't take AC20 rounds that well.

#102 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 25 April 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

We have the same conclusion.

The TBR out weighs the TDR by 10 tons so it's not surprising. I've beaten a top player with a TDR 5SS who was in a TBR in 1v1. Once lol.

Yes, but the 5ss is considered "the best" of the IS heavies. So bringing a 75 ton IS heavy is detrimental as compared to a TDR.

#103 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Yes, but the 5ss is considered "the best" of the IS heavies. So bringing a 75 ton IS heavy is detrimental as compared to a TDR.

That is because Orion sucks.

#104 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 25 April 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

I stomp on Stromcrows all the time, turns out that Stormcrows don't take AC20 rounds that well.

You don't do much CW, do you? Because in order to rip an SCR up with a 20, you have to see the whites of his eyes. Not all that common in CW.

#105 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Yeah kinda.

#106 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 25 April 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Yeah kinda.

Either 5ss or 9s. What other IS heavy would you put ahead of them?

#107 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

You don't do much CW, do you? Because in order to rip an SCR up with a 20, you have to see the whites of his eyes. Not all that common in CW.

What the hell are you talking about I not only CW I CW on BOTH sides, not only that most of the fighting happens at spitting distances. I literally drop with three mechs that have a max range of 330m at most, and have next to no issues with it.

#108 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 25 April 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

What the hell are you talking about I not only CW I CW on BOTH sides, not only that most of the fighting happens at spitting distances. I literally drop with three mechs that have a max range of 330m at most, and have next to no issues with it.

Do you pug? And, by the way, I was not intending to insult. It's just that most read everything on a forum as if it was aimed to so insult.

My experience is far different. And, at the point that it becomes a scrum, usually the streakcrows do most of the ripping up.

#109 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Do you pug? And, by the way, I was not intending to insult. It's just that most read everything on a forum as if it was aimed to so insult.

My experience is far different. And, at the point that it becomes a scrum, usually the streakcrows do most of the ripping up.

I drop solo, in small groups and in 12s in all modes of the game, IS and Clan, with over a 140 mechs.

Streakcrows aren't all that, they ARE very good at crapping out damage however, and since damage = money yeah. I was running three streakers for a while, they were good for 750,000 c-bils on a bad game.5

Edited by CantHandletheTruth, 25 April 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#110 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Yep - that one with the 54+ damage alpha. You poor, poor thing.

I'm sorry, who the hell are you? Did you start playing last week? Yeah, while you're doing that Alpha, the enemy can roll the damage while you tell everyone exactly where the hell you are and then you start getting pelted by ACs or return fire. Lot of people forget the Crow still is a medium mech and does not have that much health.

View PostOne Medic Army, on 25 April 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Um, my Stormcrow vomits up a 48pt alpha, beam duration 1.15s, and has 21 DHS

None of my IS laserbarf mechs can get near that alpha power without incurring ghost heat, and only my Stalker has that many DHS backing it up.

If you poke out, alpha once or twice, and then get back behind cover it's far superior, just don't expect to face tank a heavy or assault because despite firepower to the contrary it's still a medium mech. That's the only downside I've found so far, it's still a 55tonner with the armor and structure to match.

Now my 6LL 3F stalker can vomit up endless 27pt 1.0s duration beams, or alpha once for 54pts and spike up about 60-70% heat. It's also 30tons heavier (with the armor and structure that goes with) and 43kph slower.

The Stalker IS slower, yes, but it also has higher aim points, no weird design choices that poke out, the armor and structure to just roll damage for days and like you said, can throw out laser all day.

Yeah, the Crow (none of the mechs are) also is not meant to be balanced by weight, its meant to be balanced by BattleValue which is an entirely different topic. But back to the actual thing, the MAJORITY of the clan mechs are terrible. The simple fact all of you are raging about the Timberwolf and Crow still just shows how one track mind you are.

You want the two mechs not to be played as often? Let us have more choices. I'm just surprised I haven't seen any "Nerf them to the ground" posts, then again I'm not exactly following this thread, just replies to me.

#111 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

In a team game, none. Except the 9SE. Which I prefer over the 9S in enough circumstances to warrent mentioning.

#112 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

I enjoy playing the Grasshopper more, its a bit more fun but the TDR-5SS but the TDR's quirks make it a little better at closer range work.

#113 Xenocidez

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Clan mechs are not exactly awful, they're just goddamn unfun to play.

#114 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

My best matches period have been in Clan mechs (best match being a Hellbringer, natch) and I'm not what I consider amazing. The only area Clans are lacking is in lights, which they can easily counter with streaks (a powerful clan advantage on their own, massive autoaiming volleys are great), and the upcoming clan light will clearly be the top tier light by a large margin.

Edited by Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky, 25 April 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#115 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

Meta Clan 'Mechs (and meta in general based on how the game is "balanced") are down right boring to play against. You should be able to like in Forza buy other people's configs so you don't have to alt+tab and copy the config.

#116 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

The Stalker IS slower, yes, but it also has higher aim points, no weird design choices that poke out, the armor and structure to just roll damage for days and like you said, can throw out laser all day.

Yeah, the Crow (none of the mechs are) also is not meant to be balanced by weight, its meant to be balanced by BattleValue which is an entirely different topic. But back to the actual thing, the MAJORITY of the clan mechs are terrible. The simple fact all of you are raging about the Timberwolf and Crow still just shows how one track mind you are.

You want the two mechs not to be played as often? Let us have more choices. I'm just surprised I haven't seen any "Nerf them to the ground" posts, then again I'm not exactly following this thread, just replies to me.

I'd love to see more viable clan mechs, and more viable clan Acs, and more viable LRMs in general. I still think the Timberwolf and Stormcrow need a little nerf-tap though. And the firestarter, and probably the 4N's LLas quirks.

#117 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostZibmo, on 25 April 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

I find that interesting since my longest range weapon is 297m and I score alot of damage and kills. AC-20 range is far greater than 297m (337m + mod upgrade * 2)

#118 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Even if there were more options, Stormcrow and Timberwolf are still godlike. There would have to be massive powersprints to get other clannerscum mechs to be played regularly.
Posted Image
Disclaimer: Chart hasty and YMMV
Important: Notice how chart 2 ends at 8

We need to revert clan blanket nerfs and then somehow bring down the timber poodle and storm pigeon to more acceptable levels, and un-bad other clannerscum mechs

Edited by Burktross, 25 April 2015 - 03:06 PM.

#119 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yes, and if you don't you're a crap pilot and can't use the mech to half its potential, It is a well known fact that T Wolfs over heat and shut down more then the original xbox 360. Storm Crows are fast and carry a punch, but they still are mid armored mechs, and can have their limbs clipped.

Instant damage non crap ACs from IS? .. shorter burn times and quicker recycles? . yeaaah.. IS definitely has the edge on damage dealing right now.

He talks about heat issues being the balancing factor for the timberwolf.

After bashing me for not loving my grasshoppers.

Tries to make stormcrows sound fragile.

After bashing me for not loving my blackjacks.

#120 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 April 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

To be fair, there are some underlying issues in the game that should be ironed out, and perhaps ironing them out would allow us to reduce the quirks on some mechs...but outright removing quirks entirely would be a mistake.

Posted Image

For once, anything I'd have to say in this thread has been already said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users