109 replies to this topic

#101 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 07 May 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

The way target info is being displayed sort of looks like the radar hack from soy's video it but it is lacking some of the other features.

The way they are spectating (with no other player at the EOM screen, the ability to zoom out, and the way they see both players at all times) it seems like a completely different spectator mode is being used that I am not aware of.

Or were you referring to the "red reticle"?

The more I watch this how are they spectating like that? Is there a "free spectate" mode in this game that I don't know about?

there is a special spectate mode only available to certain people, due to the way it can be abused. It is used by the tournament organisers in this case.

#102 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

put a clan mech without it's range only srms and autocannons and Is will win why?

IS autocannon:Single shot low time facing target
Clan autocannon:Burst fire higher time facing target

#103 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

The overlay is something used for the streamcasting. I am pointing out how the targeting reticle is jerking around while tracking the enemy mech as it moves through the tunnel. The stream overlay seems to display the player name to the left of the player position, so the crosshairs are tracking the enemy in the tunnel perfectly.

Not saying it's a wallhack + aimbot but does anyone have a good reason for the 8:22 - 8:26 clip?

#104 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Dude he's wiggling the mouse.

#105 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 07 May 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

The overlay is something used for the streamcasting. I am pointing out how the targeting reticle is jerking around while tracking the enemy mech as it moves through the tunnel. The stream overlay seems to display the player name to the left of the player position, so the crosshairs are tracking the enemy in the tunnel perfectly.

Not saying it's a wallhack + aimbot but does anyone have a good reason for the 8:22 - 8:26 clip?

Apparently this video has caused quite the stir now that everyone sees how those hacks work. Check Reddit, big fallout over this video and now moderatepudding is banned.

Edited by Kain Thul, 11 May 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#106 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

Oh and uh by the way, just bought the hellbringers.........6-7 small pulses and 2 srm 6s + artemis with three and a half tons of ammo with ECM brawls just fine. If you think Clans don't brawl as well as IS mechs, its because you are choosing not to build them that way, or you are making your builds too hot, which is unnecessary since clan weapons are pretty much 30 percent more powerful across the board, so you just use one less laser than you normally would. That build I just wrote out has a heat eff rating of 1.22, which is just fine and has a 66 point alpha. Drop one small pulse (add heat sink) and you go up to 1.33 with a 60 point alpha. Take your pick. There are absolutely zero IS mechs that can stand up to that in a protracted brawl ton for ton.
If I felt like going all small lasers instead I could shave half a ton and get 4 more heat sinks and still a 60 point alpha. Case closed, argument over.

Edited by Rando Slim, 11 May 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#107 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

IS brawls better kthxbye

#108 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 07 May 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

there is a special spectate mode only available to certain people, due to the way it can be abused. It is used by the tournament organisers in this case.

Its confirmed now that player has been banned for cheating. I went so far as to say that was definite cheating in my original post but edited it afterwards thinking it may have been a CoC violation to make it look like I was just making a mistake due to not seeing the spectator tool before when in fact, I have.

#109 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

Video was taken down huh? Glad I saved a copy, not that it matters. I was being a little facetious in my post. I figured others would spot it eventually, and they did.

#110 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostIcy Manipulator, on 25 April 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

Normally I don´t even post replies to posts like this, as Forum Warriors are typically the players playing the game wrong and crying to the DEVs about it.

Clan weapons have much greater ranges, but slower firing weapons (laser duration affects weapon firing speeds) that spread damage vs moving targets (again laser duration). So players have tailored their meta to this. High alpha peak-a-boo tactics, that hopefully draw enemies into a literal STAND off.

IS weapons have shorter ranges, fire faster, and are better at dealing concentrated damage. Smart players recognize this statistically and employ Medium Pulse Laser builds or a combination of Medium Laser/Large Pulse Laser builds. Stay at high speeds to spread Clan damage and concentrate on the above average sized CT of most Clan mechs...

I 2 shot storm crows in my Grasshopper 3 LPL 4 ML 1.2 heat efficiency build, Without quirks. With the godmode TBR 5SS they seem to pop even faster while they spread damage all over me like jam on toast.

Ask any competitive unit pilot and most if not all will downright agree that IS is the king of the brawl.

Sorry ForumWarrriors

also cleaners tend to overheat faster so IS builds that can keep a constant stream of fire going can out brawl a clan mech by not allowing them time to cool down, lights with flamers are handy as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users