• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 29 April 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Let's keep this up.

Keep joining up in each other's Teamspeaks and filling in spots in 12-mans.

I've been dropping with MS, SWOL, and CWI straight for the past 72 hours, and I'm not stopping until this madness finally ends. :D

I've learned so much, and I appreciate every moment of it!

Then drop with the Delta Galaxy for the final hours ^_^

#22 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostRepasy, on 28 April 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

As far as Wolf's Dragoons goes, they helped the Inner Sphere better organize for resisting the invasion. So no, they did not actually work for Clans during Operation Revival.. The Clans assumed the Dragoons had gone rogue before they invaded.

Yes they helped the Inner Sphere resist, exactly according to Ulric Wolf Kerensky and Clan Wolf warden factions plan ;)

#23 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:55 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 29 April 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Haha to be honest playing with wolf has been one of the only times in CW it hasnt felt like mercstar was alone in a faction

That is because we run in packs. :D

#24 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 30 April 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Yes they helped the Inner Sphere resist, exactly according to Ulric Wolf Kerensky and Clan Wolf warden factions plan ;)

Aff, though it was Khan Kerlin Ward (Ulric's predessessor and mentor) that ordered the Wolf's Dragoons to prepare the IS to resist the clan invasion

#25 Ulor

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

Cheers everyone, I loved dropping with you all, that was an amazing effort, amazing teamwork, Clan Wolf forever!

#26 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

Gratz to Clan Wolf for being the "best" faction of the event. Every regular CW-player knows that wolves are fearsome opponents, and the involvement of major merc-units like -MS- and QQ has certainly nothing to do with your success

We have beaten every unit on the clan-leaderboard during the event, except BSMC, but my special thanks goes to SWOL, who have shown multiple times that they are not even able to perform a decent zerg (which is quite miserable with clan mechs). In addition, they decided to hide their 2 last mechs with 16 min. to go just before ceasefire, denying us another drop. You can all that smart or anything you want, for me it is just unsporstmanlike.

I am writing this as an individual, quite pissed off, player, and NOT as a representative of my unit.

#27 Kassad86

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

You make me proud

video related

#28 Helaton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationStar Captain, Star Wolves

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

Its been a rough past few days Gonzo and now that its over I can understand the venting somewhat. A lot of people stayed up late, woke up early, took days off from work etc to fight the war. Creates a lot of emotion, frustration etc and it needs to come out somehow.

SWOL is a huge unit, biggest in Wolf I believe, and we accept everyone into our pack. From new players (who we freely invite to drop in CW, organize, and teach as we go even during the event) to more highly skilled members that you would see in our better drops and performances.

I've dropped with so many new people in SWOL during the event that I've taken a liking to all of them. Our inter-unit relations due to the event are much better than before it started, as everyone was contributing to cw drops. Almost no one was participating in publics except maybe to test a mech. We're a tighter knit unit now compared to before and the environment has been great for us because of that.

You may have played against a lot of iterations of SWOL because there is a large number of us. We're not gods of aim, strategy, far from it, but we do fight hard and fair regardless of skill level and make the most of what we have. That is what it means to be SWOL and the spirit of the unit. You will see SWOL fight to the last man in any drop.

A lot of us (Clan Wolf in general) dropped and dropped, and won and lost throughout this event. Everyone worked/fought hard and nothing was given to us. We had sweeps, we were swept, and we had amazingly close matches that went both ways.

Yes, SWOL did not do this alone, all the units worked hard and especially the mercs brought their A games. But there are Loyalist wolf units in the top 5 and there is a reason for that.

Bravo Kassad. Bravo. Liked. #HugClan

#29 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Dont get me wrong. I

View PostHelaton, on 30 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Its been a rough past few days Gonzo and now that its over I can understand the venting somewhat. A lot of people stayed up late, woke up early, took days off from work etc to fight the war. Creates a lot of emotion, frustration etc and it needs to come out somehow.

SWOL is a huge unit, biggest in Wolf I believe, and we accept everyone into our pack. From new players (who we freely invite to drop in CW, organize, and teach as we go even during the event) to more highly skilled members that you would see in our better drops and performances.

I've dropped with so many new people in SWOL during the event that I've taken a liking to all of them. Our inter-unit relations due to the event are much better than before it started, as everyone was contributing to cw drops. Almost no one was participating in publics except maybe to test a mech. We're a tighter knit unit now compared to before and the environment has been great for us because of that.

You may have played against a lot of iterations of SWOL because there is a large number of us. We're not gods of aim, strategy, far from it, but we do fight hard and fair regardless of skill level and make the most of what we have. That is what it means to be SWOL and the spirit of the unit. You will see SWOL fight to the last man in any drop.

A lot of us (Clan Wolf in general) dropped and dropped, and won and lost throughout this event. Everyone worked/fought hard and nothing was given to us. We had sweeps, we were swept, and we had amazingly close matches that went both ways.

Yes, SWOL did not do this alone, all the units worked hard and especially the mercs brought their A games. But there are Loyalist wolf units in the top 5 and there is a reason for that.

Bravo Kassad. Bravo. Liked. #HugClan

Don`t get me wrong. I have nothing to vent at all. I hoped that the IS will lost Tukkayid and we did. But in every match I have faced premades, they fought with honor, apart from CWDG of course. I give you that you are have many members, and it is almost impossible to "control" all of them, but this was just the peak of a long history of encounters, in which you never even tried to fight properly. If that is how you define fun, well, I just pity you.

#30 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

To clarify this discussion we have a very large player base some of which have some unique challenges.

SWOL discriminates against no player and welcomes all assuming they try hard.

That said we have around 4, 12 mans of what I would consider elite players. They are often times mixed in various groups though. Likewise our new players all try hard and are rapidly improving.

Great job in the tournament to all units and factions.

Edited by Blueduck, 30 April 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 28 April 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

Nah, in lore Clan Wolf worked with mercs, I believe they were called Wolf's Dragoons and Phelan Kell-Wolfs friends. :rolleyes:

Wolf's Dragoons were actually a recon and spy unit originally sent by Clan Wolf in around 3000 (either 3006 or 3009).

Their job was to masquerade as a mercenary unit to assess the state and strength of the Inner Sphere's successor states and to deliver the information back to Clan space. At some point Wolf's Dragoons went dark, sometime after losing their lead commander to an untimely death.

Someone else listed why the Kell Hounds were friends with Clan Wolf-in-Exile.

#32 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostKnightcrawler, on 28 April 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

Yup. I'd call that huge, especially since they're all skilled and most are active.

LOL@all skilled. Active, yeah, but there was a lot of trial mechs on the field for the event ;)

#33 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostKoniving, on 30 April 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Wolf's Dragoons were actually a recon and spy unit originally sent by Clan Wolf in around 3000 (either 3006 or 3009).

Their job was to masquerade as a mercenary unit to assess the state and strength of the Inner Sphere's successor states and to deliver the information back to Clan space. At some point Wolf's Dragoons went dark, sometime after losing their lead commander to an untimely death.

Someone else listed why the Kell Hounds were friends with Clan Wolf-in-Exile.

Wolf's Dragoons did not go rogue per se, they were ordered by the Khan of Clan Wolf at the time (Khan Kerlin Ward) to refuse any order originating from the Clans except for his own, and to prepare the IS for the eventual Clan invasion. The Khan of a Clan is the embodiment of the will of the Clan (Clan Wolf) and thus Wolf's Dragoons fulfilled the wlll of their clan (Clan Wolf) by resisting the Clan invasion. Note that Wolf's Dragoons did not fight Clan Wolf during the invasion, they and the Kell Hounds were dropped on Luthien to resist the Smoke Jaguars and Nova Cats.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 01 May 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#34 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostKhereg, on 28 April 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

Active in CW, yes, huge, no. I can think of at least 3 or 4 larger groups than -MS-.

Not totally accurate since it's user supplied info and tends to get stale, but I can vouch that the numbers for -MS- are currently close to correct: https://docs.google....#gid=1428026955

Your numbers are slightly outdated our current warrior count is 300 for -MS-

I must say to our wolf counterparts working with wolf has been one of the few times that we did not feel like we were not wanted. Helping to re-write history was an endeavor that all of -MS- sought to acheive for our wolf allies. I hope that all of wolf is happy with the result

Edited by Xavier, 01 May 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#35 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 28 April 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

Guess statistically the other factions cannot even reach Wolf's current state anymore.

So having some Mercs in the unit greatly helped + all the big and organised factions.

Idiotic comment, you had the largest Merc unit with you the whole time. Was it any surprise? The fact that you THINK you did something on your own shows a lot.

CSJ is the smallest and we still did better then 50% of the IS, but if you need to stroke that epeen some more go for it. Good job to ALL CLANS, we represented VERY WELL! But Wolf is the biggest population by A LOOOOOOOOOONG shot it was no surprise you had the most fighting for you especially when MS came over to help.

But if MS hadnt i wonder were you would have ended up....or if clans would have won for that matter.

Edited by DarthRevis, 01 May 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#36 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostDr Gonzo316, on 30 April 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Gratz to Clan Wolf for being the "best" faction of the event. Every regular CW-player knows that wolves are fearsome opponents, and the involvement of major merc-units like -MS- and QQ has certainly nothing to do with your success

We have beaten every unit on the clan-leaderboard during the event, except BSMC, but my special thanks goes to SWOL, who have shown multiple times that they are not even able to perform a decent zerg (which is quite miserable with clan mechs). In addition, they decided to hide their 2 last mechs with 16 min. to go just before ceasefire, denying us another drop. You can all that smart or anything you want, for me it is just unsporstmanlike.

I am writing this as an individual, quite pissed off, player, and NOT as a representative of my unit.

So they played to win the event and they should be sorry?

View PostXavier, on 01 May 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Your numbers are slightly outdated our current warrior count is 300 for -MS-

Yah we went up 20 in the last two days

View PostDarthRevis, on 01 May 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Idiotic comment, you had the largest Merc unit with you the whole time. Was it any surprise? The fact that you THINK you did something on your own shows a lot.

CSJ is the smallest and we still did better then 50% of the IS, but if you need to stroke that epeen some more go for it. Good job to ALL CLANS, we represented VERY WELL! But Wolf is the biggest population by A LOOOOOOOOOONG shot it was no surprise you had the most fighting for you especially when MS came over to help.

But if MS hadnt i wonder were you would have ended up....or if clans would have won for that matter.

Sucks not being first i guess?

#37 Rilenn

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostDr Gonzo316, on 30 April 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

Dont get me wrong. I

Don`t get me wrong. I have nothing to vent at all. I hoped that the IS will lost Tukkayid and we did. But in every match I have faced premades, they fought with honor, apart from CWDG of course. I give you that you are have many members, and it is almost impossible to "control" all of them, but this was just the peak of a long history of encounters, in which you never even tried to fight properly. If that is how you define fun, well, I just pity you.

Really? Trying to stir the pot again? In all of my drops during the event, I do not recall anywhere were CWDG did not fight with honor and even chastised our own players if they said something in TS (once, that I recall). <shrug> to each their own I guess.

#38 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 01 May 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Wolf's Dragoons did not go rogue per se, they were ordered by the Khan of Clan Wolf at the time (Khan Kerlin Ward) to refuse any order originating from the Clans except for his own, and to prepare the IS for the eventual Clan invasion. The Khan of a Clan is the embodiment of the will of the Clan (Clan Wolf) and thus Wolf's Dragoons fulfilled the wlll of their clan (Clan Wolf) by resisting the Clan invasion. Note that Wolf's Dragoons did not fight Clan Wolf during the invasion, they and the Kell Hounds were dropped on Luthien to resist the Smoke Jaguars and Nova Cats.

Also, an untold number of Wolfs Dragoons returned to their parent clans for the invasion. We all know Natasha Kerensky returned and became even more famous (or infamous) for doing so, but we don't know who else returned and to which clans they returned to. The Inner Sphere is vast, where trillions of humans live on thousands of planets and in space. To think that the lore covers all of everything is silly. I recently posted in Facebook a little story of the Finnish soldiers who fought with the Germans between the Winter War and the Continuation War. How many people in the forums here even know what I'm talking about? Finns in the Waffen SS? Finns that were SO VALUABLE to the Germans that they never even had to take the Fuhrer Oath and subscribe to {Godwin's Law} stuff? Finns so valuable, they were able to dictate the terms of their contract with Germany (the refused to fight against anyone but the Russians). They kicked arse everywhere they went. But how many people know of these 1400-ish men and their story? We might here of famous examples in history, but we don't hear the whole story without digging deeper. The novels only skim the surface of Battletech lore/history. Do you guys really think Task Force Serpent REALLY wiped out the ENTIRETY of Clan Smoke Jaguar? That's absurd too, though, like the Knights Templar in World History, they were considered wiped out and gone. Other historians theorize that the Knights Templar, in exile from the Roman Catholic world went on to help Robert the Bruce fight for independence AND their own freedom by providing the heavy cavalry, mailed knights and the know how to kick British arse and secure their lives, even if they could not advertise they were Knights Templar.

And so, the Devil Dogs, part of Wolfs Dragoons in our lore, believed that it was necessary for the Wardens to win the Battle of Tukayyid. That Comstar and the Blakists are the Devil Dogs traditional enemy, we were compelled to side with Clan Wolf, from which many of our ranks were born - free or trueborn. I myself am Smoke Jaguar, but my loyalty is now to a higher calling. The Devil Dogs have no nation, but we fight to rid the world of darker forces than Clan and House politicians. Our Nova Cat mystics have foreseen that to allow Comstar to win would give the Blakists enough confidence to foment a great jihad within the inner sphere if ever allowed to feel so superior and confident. We hope to have ended that threat.

So, why do people fight? We had lore reasons to fight on Tukayyid, as we'd been fighting the Blakists for many years even before the Clan Invasion began. I cannot speak for mercenary units that fight purely for the C-Bills, nor on the lore of any other unit. But the Devil Dogs fought the good fight, along with the 57th Squadron of the Wolfs Dragoons. Loyalty to flags is fine and all, but when you know the TRUTH, it is better to get the flags out of your face and fight the real evils of the world. If we don't, than who will?

#39 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostDr Gonzo316, on 30 April 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

Dont get me wrong. I

CWDG? What are you talking about?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users