5 replies to this topic

#1 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

My suggestion is simple:

make on planet view an standard match like attack button.

You choose to search match as a GRUNT DROP or SPECIAL UNIT DROP

GRUNT DROP: You play standard maps with standard game modes randomly
SPECIAL UNIT DROP: You play Invasion game mode aka CW as it is right now (you can respawns, bases etc.)

SPECIAL UNIT DROPS counts 20(?)x more to planet control as a GRUNT DROP. (So SPECAIL UNIT DROPS have
a great impact for planet occupation)
Planet slots have to be increased then to make it work properly with said match system and higher player numbers.
Team and solo players mixed servers in CW is then a must.Only given restrictin for attack faction must be House only.

This way pug players coud also join CW and the fight for the galaxy and their desired faction.
Believe me, it woud be awesome to have the planets populatet and the borders contestet day and night how it shoud be. ;)

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

CW is already a mode where team and solo players are mixed well. Solo players have no problems working with teams... The good ones that is. Pug players can and have joined CW.

We do not need to cater to those who fail because they are bad team players. Good team players adapt successfully already, solo or not. There are plenty of solo players in CW that I recognize and welcome to fight with my team when I see them.

If you can't beat the bad to mediocre teams that most of these notorious CW 12-mans are, its not because of the game mode or an unfair matchmaking system, its because you don't communicate enough and you have a timid team in a mode that favours aggressiveness and proactiveness. Speak with your fellow MechWarriors and stop fearing the loss of a mech, and all will be fine.

Edited by Gagis, 09 May 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#3 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:52 PM

Except, er, reality...

#4 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

View PostGagis, on 09 May 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

CW is already a mode where team and solo players are mixed well. Solo players have no problems working with teams... The good ones that is. Pug players can and have joined CW.

We do not need to cater to those who fail because they are bad team players. Good team players adapt successfully already, solo or not. There are plenty of solo players in CW that I recognize and welcome to fight with my team when I see them.

If you can't beat the bad to mediocre teams that most of these notorious CW 12-mans are, its not because of the game mode or an unfair matchmaking system, its because you don't communicate enough and you have a timid team in a mode that favours aggressiveness and proactiveness. Speak with your fellow MechWarriors and stop fearing the loss of a mech, and all will be fine.

Nice speech.

But surgarpainting does not fix anything.

Edited by KinLuu, 10 May 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#5 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 10 May 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Nice speech.

But surgarpainting does not fix anything.

Let me rephrase: I do not want to ruin a game mode I like, just because some players are really bad and refuse to improve.

#6 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

View PostGagis, on 10 May 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

Let me rephrase: I do not want to ruin a game mode I like, just because some players are really bad and refuse to improve.

But CW is a really bad gamemode, if only few people play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users