For Those Of You Who Want To Get To Understand House Kurita Better.

42 replies to this topic

#1 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

We've been waiting, I kid you not, for about a decade for this book to hit, but the PDF version has finally been put up for sale.

I'd say you should be able to expect the Print version (AKA dead tree) to be available around the same time as Gencon. Probably some early prints at the convention itself, and hitting the general market around September/October.

http://bg.battletech...k-house-kurita/

Posted Image

Note though, the content is all lore-related. Very little use for run-of-the-mill Battletech games, but if you want to know about the faction and/or understand the setting to run a better Roleplaying game for your players, this is a must have.

God knows I'd been waiting a literal decade for this book to hit.

#2 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

View Postice trey, on 02 May 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Very little use for run-of-the-mill Battletech games, [...]

With respect, I beg to differ. The Greater and Lesser Quintadocs apply to any imaginable situation, also when studying tactical situations depicted on a battlemap. As does the Dictum Honorium, especially the section "On Enemies", aptly summarized by the inspiring phrase "Die, Clanner!".

#3 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:48 AM

I swear i have this already, or is this the updated version?

For the love of all that is holy, please dont make NKVA canon! Although, they do remind me of some of the Ghost regiments ..

#4 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:57 AM

NKVA is an extremely canon house unit already, just check our listing on the servants of the dragon thread.

anyways, I always loved this excerpt they released as it personifies our own unit philosophy as well:

The opposing fighter must be presumed to have the same code of death or victory as the Kurita warrior. It would be disrespectful of the enemy to hold him to a lesser standard than we hold for ourselves. In the face of the enemy, our objective is to destroy him utterly, and there must be no hesitation or lack of resolve in this regard. It is true that fighters from other Houses hold to weaker standards than do the warrior of House Kurita. Nevertheless, we deal with them in battle as we expect to be dealt with ourselves, even though they may not actually deserve this honor.

#5 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 06 May 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

I swear i have this already, or is this the updated version?

For the love of all that is holy, please dont make NKVA canon! Although, they do remind me of some of the Ghost regiments ..

I don't think any one Not NKVA likes NKVA, notice how they always have to bring in their entire unit to like each others comments and slap one anothers wiggity wang (Screw you and your stupid substitute word filter PGI) to make themselves feel better. And then some seem to think they can go full ass hat troll and then try to give serious advice the next with out people looking at them as the jackwaggons they normally act like.

I fully expect more stupid completely unfunny rock comments, which have never made sense, yes call the clans cavemen when they have more advanced tech.. stupid youtube reaction videos that have nothing to do with anything, being completely disruptive to any sort of positive thread and crying about stuff that does not let them roll n troll.

I just wonder how long it will take for them to come in and take over this thread.

Edit: Seriously PGI, we're all adults here, we can say 'bad nasty words' if we want. I think we can handle it.

Edited by Seph MacLeod, 06 May 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#6 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 06 May 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

I don't think any one Not NKVA likes NKVA, notice how they always have to bring in their entire unit to like each others comments and slap one anothers wiggity wang (Screw you and your stupid substitute word filter PGI) to make themselves feel better. And then some seem to think they can go full ass hat troll and then try to give serious advice the next with out people looking at them as the jackwaggons they normally act like.

I fully expect more stupid completely unfunny rock comments, which have never made sense, yes call the clans cavemen when they have more advanced tech.. stupid youtube reaction videos that have nothing to do with anything, being completely disruptive to any sort of positive thread and crying about stuff that does not let them roll n troll.

I just wonder how long it will take for them to come in and take over this thread.

Edit: Seriously PGI, we're all adults here, we can say 'bad nasty words' if we want. I think we can handle it.

#7 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

Ah apologies Scoops, I didnt realise you were extremely canon.

Seph, I actually find NKVA amusing, they definately arent worth getting worked up over anymore than anyone else on an online forum.

#8 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 06 May 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

#9 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

If your post discusses NKVA three times, an extremely canon house unit that follows the strictest adherence to the Bushido Code and Dictum Honorium appears to mess up your rocks and mechs.

#10 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:14 AM

NS, as our earliest trainers, love us. Our kindred spirits in the Remnants love us. RRB (home of RJBass3) love us but we wish they'd learn tactics besides light rushing. MischiefSC's faction, who I don't recall the tag of right now, likes us. Several former Marik players switched to Kurita (some after switching AGAIN from davion) after getting their asses stomped, or were woken up to the idea that the builds they tried to take to CW were trash and at least respected us for handing their asses to them, like us. People left to tell us we suck haven't fought us, have joined us, or are in denial.

Edited by Richter Kerensky, 06 May 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#11 Bezko Ward, wielder of Durandal

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGermany, Berlin

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostRichter Kerensky, on 06 May 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

NS, as our earliest trainers, love us. Our kindred spirits in the Remnants love us. RRB (home of RJBass3) love us but we wish they'd learn tactics besides light rushing. MischiefSC's faction, who I don't recall the tag of right now, likes us. Several former Marik players switched to Kurita (some after switching AGAIN from davion) after getting their asses stomped, or were woken up to the idea that the builds they tried to take to CW were trash and at least respected us for handing their asses to them, like us. People left to tell us we suck haven't fought us, have joined us, or are in denial.

Posted Image

Edited by Bezko Ward, wielder of Durandal, 06 May 2015 - 02:34 AM.

#12 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:28 AM

The draconis combine is protected by dirty peasants in mechs , not highborn and noble like Steiner mech warriors. That's all you need to know

#13 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

View PostBezko Ward, wielder of Durandal, on 06 May 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

*ahem* were you not from the Remnants and did you not join NKVA in parallel to your membership with the Renmants? We cherish you but is this not the truth?

#14 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:34 AM

Bezko is a noble ronin who can't be tamed, only appeased with more headshots

#15 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

Oh look at that, someone calls them trolls and ass hats and they are more then willing to show you that is what they exactly are.

#16 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 06 May 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

Oh look at that, someone calls them trolls and ass hats and they are more then willing to show you that is what they exactly are.

Posted Image

#17 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:40 AM

Please don't sell us short. We can be lots of things. Head punchers. Virgins. Absolutely cowards.

#18 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 06 May 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

Your Clanner-to-Kuritan translator is busted. Go get it fixed before you embarrass yourself at the Kuritan embassy once more.

#19 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

Nice, a new House book. What timeframe does it cover? From the tekst on the website it looks like they're talking about Theodore Kurita.

#20 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:03 AM

About frigging time!

@Snaga

Usually the House Books cover the era berfore the Jihad. IIRC directly before it.

In other news I declare this book to be 120% banzai, 105% seppuku and a whooping 327,58% more worthy to spend money on than any stupid Wave 3 or Resistance 2 Mech Pack.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 06 May 2015 - 03:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users