Fifth Hunchback Module...?

6 replies to this topic

#1 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hey there! So I have two of my Hunchbacks mastered - I got the mastery pack, so in this case that means the 4P(C) and SP. I have yet to get the Grid Iron up to mastered from elite and probably never will; it is too slow to my tastes for a gauss sniper (as per its quirks), and then tacks on short-range weapons like the SRM to a long-ranged snipe build. I know I could go with an AC, but I think the H or G would suit that better. However, I digress.

My 4P(C) has medium laser range and cooldown modules obviously. The SP has range and cooldown modules for the two SRM-6. They both get radar deprivation (or radar derp-perversion as I prefer to call it) and seismic. That leaves one slot that can go for either a weapon or a mech module.

What would you guys recommend? I have basically every sensor, vision, and target module unlocked save for 360 retention, as well as improved gyros. I was thinking of going wih improved gyros in the 4P(C) because while I play it well the majority of the time and avoid any excessive face time that comes with a pummeling, there are always going to be those times when I have an enemy almost cored or whatever but their AC or missile fire shakes the cockpit enough that my next shot misses the component I want to hit, and thus prevents me finishing that enemy off as quickly as need be. So some reduced screen shake might allow me to get that perfect alpha in despite incoming dakka or whatever. Does anybody here use the gyro module, and if so how do you like it? Is there a different module you would suggest for the 4P(C)?

For the SP I don't think that the pinpoint accuracy matters as much because the SRMs are my main ball-busters, and they naturally are not pinpoint weapons. So improved gyros wouldn't make sense here. I could go with a weapon module for either the two MPL or three ML on my SP. Or I could go with something else entirely.

So what suggestions might you guys have for filling that fifth slot for either a weapon or mech module on the 4P(C) or SP? Thanks for any input!

#2 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

360 targeting can be useful on a Hunch since it has such a large torso twist radius - I tend to twist and strafe with the HSP especially. Sensor range can always help.

#3 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

I use my 4SP as a fast skirmisher/brawler. I like 360 due to the fact that I can keep track of my targets while twisting and turning like crazy.

#4 Mauadib

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

View Postgrendeldog, on 13 April 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Hey there! So I have two of my Hunchbacks mastered - I got the mastery pack, so in this case that means the 4P(C) and SP. I have yet to get the Grid Iron up to mastered from elite and probably never will; it is too slow to my tastes for a gauss sniper (as per its quirks), and then tacks on short-range weapons like the SRM to a long-ranged snipe build. I know I could go with an AC, but I think the H or G would suit that better. However, I digress.

That's because I think you are using it wrong. Forget about its missiles and use that extra tonnage for a bigger engine and more ammo for the gauss. Also switch the pulses to Mlas or somthing.

like this one with a standard engine for survivability
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a61473534c14486
Hell you can drop a heatsink for another ton of ammo.

Or this one with an xl for that speed and more guns/ammo.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe90165de9dac86

Edited by Mauadib, 23 April 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#5 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostMauadib, on 23 April 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

That's because I think you are using it wrong. Forget about its missiles and use that extra tonnage for a bigger engine and more ammo for the gauss. Also switch the pulses to Mlas or somthing.

like this one with a standard engine for survivability
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a61473534c14486
Hell you can drop a heatsink for another ton of ammo.

Or this one with an xl for that speed and more guns/ammo.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe90165de9dac86

Yeah, I'm dropping the SRM, and running an XL275 with more gauss ammo. I gorget what I'm doing with the energy hardpoints as I'm on my phone right now and my Smurfy build is on my computer at the moment. I'll post it up tomorrow then.

So nobody has any experience with the improved gyros module?

#6 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

View Postgrendeldog, on 24 April 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm dropping the SRM, and running an XL275 with more gauss ammo. I gorget what I'm doing with the energy hardpoints as I'm on my phone right now and my Smurfy build is on my computer at the moment. I'll post it up tomorrow then.

So nobody has any experience with the improved gyros module?

improved gyros is used on my ac20 G build. I use this in the group Q and the mod makes the difference in getting in and out of tricky places and placing shots where they need to be if I know my time is limited. It is a great mod if you drive slow assaults.

I always go with seismic and radar derp and add the targ retention mod for the HB-J. If you plan on playing having Target info and improv gyros in your collection will not hurt (take info first)

#7 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:36 PM

Cool. I got targetting info already, so I may grab the gyros then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users