Equipment Installation- Ease Of Use Concern

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

The new layout is eminently usable- but equipment can only be placed via drag and drop. One of the most useful features of the 1.5 'Mechlab was the ability to double-click a piece of equipment to jam it into the currently selected component. This also made slotting heat sinks into engines less fiddly.

Could we have that back please? And possibly something equivalent for module slotting as well? Thanks.

#2 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

I'd like to tack on to this that components being overridden (particularly Double Heat Sinks because of their size) is rather clunky. If you drag over an existing piece of equipment rather into an empty slot the existing component is removed and the new one inserted into its slot.

Now that I think about it, this may be the design intention, but I personally find it slower than removing and replacing components.

Edit: tried to move this post to a different thread but I recieve an "Error 500" whenever I try to delete it.

Edited by Leigus, 07 May 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#3 ZuFFuLuZ

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 64 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

I second this, especially with modules. I am missing the equip button. That would be much faster than dragging them from the list on the right all the way to the left of the screen all the time. Or let us double click them to equip.

Edited by ZuFFuLuZ, 07 May 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#4 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

Fully agree with this. Double click is your friend, especially given how you have to drag and drop components onto the other side of the screen (can that be moved as well?)

Edited by SpiralFace, 07 May 2015 - 01:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users