Module Madness

70 replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Please help me PGI, I'm going insane dealing with all my modules now! And I'm not alone! wuhahahahaha!

Seriously, new MechLab isn't helping:

PLEASE add an ICON on the mech mini-photo in select-mech that gives an indication that a mech module(s) and weapon module(s) are present. It could be a simple M for Mech Module and W for Weapon Module. If you have time to get fancy please go ahead but M and W spells MechWarrior headache relieved.

Secondly... as many have asked, no, pleaded... PLEASE add a STRIP ALL MODULES button on the main mech select screen.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for listening... I'm going to crawl into my corner now.

#2 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

This is the #1 issue this game has right now. The more mechs you own, the longer the time it takes to track down modules and engines in the game. Please put M and W icons on mech portraits as per this suggestion. Also, engine labels please.

#3 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

Yes, only thing that I really wanted in new ML is easier module finding. But you still have to click on every mech ... All modules should be listed - no matter if they are installed or not. And then possibility to simply drag them to new mech.

#4 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

I've always found it odd that we can't get a list of all installed modules.

BUT, it is now a lot better. You can select the mech and instantly see what modules it has equipped. Much faster than before.

#5 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostMordynak, on 07 May 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

BUT, it is now a lot better. You can select the mech and instantly see what modules it has equipped. Much faster than before.

That's right. But you still have 100 or more clicks to do if you have 100 or more mechs. And now you can't directly click on mech. You have to open dropdown list first.

#6 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostMcMatt, on 07 May 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

That's right. But you still have 100 or more clicks to do if you have 100 or more mechs. And now you can't directly click on mech. You have to open dropdown list first.

Exactly its like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.... or something like that. McMatt -- would love to have the functionality you asked for eventually -- not sure if that's asking too much of PGI or not. But even a modest in between solution would be a Godsend.

#7 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

Check my mockup here as it not only includes that information but also the engine equipped: http://mwomercs.com/...ridlist-mockup/

#8 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPleasant Valley, NY

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

Easier solution you need a module for more then 1 mech then buy it for more then one mech

#9 ZuFFuLuZ

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 64 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

Oh, right. Why didn't I think of that? Be right back, buying modules for all my 150 mechs. That's only 18 million cbills per mech... /s

Right now, I have 7 sets of radar dep and seismic (4 for CW, 3 for other mechs) and I am still swapping them around all the time. I have to use a .txt file to keep track of them, which is really silly. Same with warhorns.

#10 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:28 AM

I think they are keeping it difficult intentionally.
Modules are a better cBill sink when you are encouraged to buy multiple rather than swap them around easily. They want the search for hiding modules to be annoying.

#11 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:35 AM

Posted Image

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

An M or W icon is almost useless... a third of my 110 Mechs have modules of some sort. I'm not going to scroll through them all looking for a particular module.

I need is to be able to click a module, and get a list of which Mechs I have that module installed on.

Then, on the same screen, I want to be able to de-equip it from that Mech and install it on the one I'm working on.

None of this tedious convoluted workflow here I have to: find other Mech, de-equip other Mech, save other Mech, fund Mech I was working on before, open that Mech, install it on the new Mech, save it on the new Mech.

#13 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

View PostJman88, on 07 May 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Please help me PGI, I'm going insane dealing with all my modules now! And I'm not alone! wuhahahahaha!

Seriously, new MechLab isn't helping:

PLEASE add an ICON on the mech mini-photo in select-mech that gives an indication that a mech module(s) and weapon module(s) are present. It could be a simple M for Mech Module and W for Weapon Module. If you have time to get fancy please go ahead but M and W spells MechWarrior headache relieved.

Secondly... as many have asked, no, pleaded... PLEASE add a STRIP ALL MODULES button on the main mech select screen.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for listening... I'm going to crawl into my corner now.

View PostMordynak, on 07 May 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

You guys do know that the inventory screen shows you which modules are installed on a mech, right? Not efficient, but still faster than selecting each mech, and trying to figure things out.

#14 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostEldamar, on 08 May 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

Easier solution you need a module for more then 1 mech then buy it for more then one mech

If module costs were only 100,00 to 1,000,000 then I could consider that. But with modules costing more than Mechs it is difficult for most people to go that route. I'm in the "1% status" in MWO and I can't afford to euip more than 2 drop decks with all the modules I want. So something around 1 out of 10 mechs. So don't throw the lack of a good design interface back on the players...

#15 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 09 May 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

You guys do know that the inventory screen shows you which modules are installed on a mech, right? Not efficient, but still faster than selecting each mech, and trying to figure things out.

Yes, but its only a marginal improvement because you still have to hunt and click to find the modules. You could do the same thing last time, you just had to click on "mech details" button. So its only marginally more effecient. You still have to select the mech, go to mech lab, strip and save them (and the saving time is slow).

If the new lab had the grid layout for all your mechs (as the current one does) and least 1 or 2 icon types showing modules equipped on the mech to visually cue you which mech to click on then it would be a huge time saver.

In the beginning of the game it wasn't a big deal -- but now with the explosion of weapons modules its a real headache and the thing I waste the most time with. I honestly don't even know how many modules I own. To find out I would have to go through all my mechs and stip all the modules. WIth almost a hundred mechs it would take more time than its worth, and then I would have to go back re-equip them... meh

Edited by Jman88, 09 May 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#16 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostJman88, on 09 May 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

If the new lab had 1 or 2 icon types showing modules equipped on the mech to visually cue you which mech to click on then it would be a huge time saver.

That would be an AMAZING help.

#17 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:44 AM

The problem here is that the inventory screen doesn't show unsellable mechs, so no Founders, Phoenix/Resistance, Sarah's Jenner, Loyalty and Clan Wave I/II mechs.

It would already be a huge improvement if these mechs would be listed in the inventory.

Or you know... add a tab called equipped modules which only shows modules equipped on mechs and on which mechs...

#18 Arctur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:34 AM

Yes!
My suggestions about "how to make it" there
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4421579

Edited by Arctur, 11 May 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#19 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

And you do know that the method you describe does not include any mechs you can't sell right? So all my Clan Primes, and special mechs I received. Still, with the new mech bonus's for the Resistance packs, I will have some 20 new mechs incoming, making my total mech count over 140. That is still a ton of clicking to find modules.

If it really is a matter of them wanting us to spend more Cbills, somebody like me or others who have over 100 mechs have obviously not only spent a good amount of cbills but also a good amount of real money. If it really is an issue then maybe just make the ability to remove all modules from mechs only available to those of us with 100+ mechs.

#20 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

a slight modification to this idea ( I have not had to time to read through everything so it may have already been posted ) is a module management system, where you could not only strip the modules from all of the mechs you have ( as suggested here ) but to be able to do it selectively based on the module you need... ie you need a radar dep module, you click on it, and the game tells you which mechs have that module and give you the option to be able to move it from the mech of your choice to the one you are looking to put it into. I feel that while it will probably be a challenge to the devs to program this in, it will save a smegload of headaches down the line...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users