#1 Wormflush

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:40 AM

Hi,

after logging in, you should immediately be able to choose a mech. No dialog-style mech selection, please.

My way of using MWO has always been not using the home screen, but switching into the mechlab immediately after login. Always. I never used the "Select 'Mech" button on the home screen - for the simple reason that the dialog there is just another click&click adventure. Until you have an overview of your very own mechs, you have to click and click and click.

In contrast, the mechlist in the mechlab provides a pretty good overview of only the mechs you own (no trials, until you decide to look for them), without having to make decisions and clicking on filters.

With such a selection dialog on the home screen, there would be no need to have another selection method within the mechlab. Simply add a "Configure" button in the home selection view so you will be able to enter the mechlab right AFTER choosing a mech.

My favorites would thus be:
  • Replace the home sreen with the current mechlab selection view.
  • Remove all other mech selection dialogs (maybe except for CW selection).
  • Gray out the mechlab button.
  • Enter the mechlab after clicking "Configure".
  • If you wish to select another mech, return to the home screen.
  • Maybe rename the home screen button to "Mech selection".
In regard to selecting mechs for CW:
  • Similar layout for dropship configuration - but make mechs triggerable so that you have to select 4 mechs that will be highlighted/dehighlighted after clicked onto.

Edited by Wormflush, 11 May 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#2 JadeWolf01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBoise Idaho

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

I also go straight to mechlab. I don't choose my mechs any other way except in CW. My only gripe about the current mech selection in mechlab is not being able to one click mechlab and return to the mech list. I have instead gotten in the habit of clicking home then mechlab to drop back to the selection list.

#3 Quardak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

Year i also Do so. Mechlab ist heute Point to Start.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

Indeed. On logging in, you should be presented with a wall of mechs that you own so you can appreciate them and choose any one of them.

Should it be filterable? Yes.
Does it result in laggy slow loading times? Yes. (should that be fixed? Heck yes.)

Should your beautiful wall of mechs be hidden away in an ugly list with dropdown menus that only fills a tiny part of your screen? No - what were you thinking?

#5 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

I agree with all the people above. The drop down menu is ok for cw, but for nothing else. There is also a real problem, at least for me.

Now you can go with your mouse over one of your mechs und you will get all the data you need (incl. quirks) without clicking. In the new ui you have to click to open it, you have to click to choose the type of mech and you have to click every single mech open to get the quirks.

For example:

Today i had the idea for an SDH with gauss. i didnt use my 7 SDHs for weeks. Now i wanted to look which one has the best quirks for a gauss build. Was no problem. 1 min later i had all the info i needed without any click. In the new mechlab i would have to click every single SDH open to get that info.

Btw i want to to see my 130+ (at least a big part) mechs when i open the mechlab. And i normaly choose my mech for the next drop directly out of the mech wall.

#6 Wormflush

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:56 PM

thanks for the hint, I forgot CW selection. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users