Save/load Loadouts

9 replies to this topic

#1 eddieb

• PipPip
  • Gunsho
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

Add the ability to have multiple saved loadouts per mech. For bonus points, have this format documented so that we can import and export to/from external programs (like Li-Song mechlab or smurfy) without having to manually drag and drop many times to change loadouts.

#2 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

1. Go to EVE Online.
2. Steal their "fitting" code with the ability to link and shared load outs in chat
3. ???
4. Profit

#3 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:52 PM

Buy more mechs, spend less time fitting them. Just change the mech.
With load out saving there won't be any incentive to keep more than one clan chassis after mastering them.

#4 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:12 AM

This can be still viable if the serious changes in loadout costed c-bills, e.g. fitting AC20 into Raven by my opinion is by no means easier and less intrusive change in the chassis than SHS/DHS upgrade. But this is not implemented and anything can be strapped anywhere.

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

View Posteddieb, on 10 May 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Add the ability to have multiple saved loadouts per mech. For bonus points, have this format documented so that we can import and export to/from external programs (like Li-Song mechlab or smurfy) without having to manually drag and drop many times to change loadouts.

That would be great, although this would severely reduce the grind if everyone was able to just cycle the same weapons and engines between mechs so easily. Good for the players, bad for PGI.
A good compromise may be to essentially remove all items in a saved build from your inventory. In other words, if you have 10 medium lasers and an XL280 engine in your inventory, and you save a JR7-F build with 6 medium lasers and the XL280 engines, then those items would be removed from your inventory, in order to be ready for use on your Jenner.

I think this is a fair compromise between the people who want to save builds and the people who say "just buy a new mech".

#6 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 May 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

A good compromise may be to essentially remove all items in a saved build from your inventory. In other words, if you have 10 medium lasers and an XL280 engine in your inventory, and you save a JR7-F build with 6 medium lasers and the XL280 engines, then those items would be removed from your inventory, in order to be ready for use on your Jenner.

If I recall correctly this is how it works.

#7 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:08 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 May 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

That would be great, although this would severely reduce the grind if everyone was able to just cycle the same weapons and engines between mechs so easily. Good for the players, bad for PGI.

I think this is a fair compromise between the people who want to save builds and the people who say "just buy a new mech".

This still cuts PGIs profits as there will be not much sense in buying mehcbays. So I think save/load loadout has little chanced to come to reality. Yet if the saved loadout scheme will cost MCs (in terms storage bin for ready to use weapons etc.) it may pass. PGI have to think about profits.

#8 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 11 May 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

If I recall correctly this is how it works.

How what works?

We have no option to swap between multiple pre-made builds at the click of a button, like OP is describing. So I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

View Postpyrocomp, on 11 May 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

This still cuts PGIs profits as there will be not much sense in buying mehcbays. So I think save/load loadout has little chanced to come to reality. Yet if the saved loadout scheme will cost MCs (in terms storage bin for ready to use weapons etc.) it may pass. PGI have to think about profits.

I wouldn't mind that. But PGI isn't completely obstinate about losing profits. Russ seemed open to the idea of letting players buy stripped mechs (i.e. without engines or weapons) in Town Hall. Then again, he may not have been sincere about that.

#9 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 May 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind that. But PGI isn't completely obstinate about losing profits. Russ seemed open to the idea of letting players buy stripped mechs (i.e. without engines or weapons) in Town Hall. Then again, he may not have been sincere about that.

Then the idea is to allow save\load loadouts even at MC cost? Well, I'm with that, but not sure about the rest of the community. But the idea to have that button from the purely UI logic and new players sanity is rather good.

#10 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 May 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

How what works?

We have no option to swap between multiple pre-made builds at the click of a button, like OP is describing. So I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

I misread your post, never mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users