How The Refund Is Working If I Stop The Game?

91 replies to this topic

#1 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

Hi everyone!

I have a question : i want to stop the game for the moment, if i ask for a refund on anything possible on my account, does anyone know how is it working? I have a chance to have some stuff i have use to be refund? etc...

Since the last patch i can't play to the game anymore : the FPS are really bad, it's unplayable. I can't play with my lights again. i have something between 10-20 fps in a match. Maybe it's because i play in France too?

i was starting to play in a competitve purpose with my unit last year, but i can't play in a team anymore because of such bad FPS...

I have spent a lot of money on this game. I mean A LOT of money. I really love this game. But i can't play anymore because there is too much bad implementation on the engine of the game.

I don't have a war PC gamer configuration, but i have some medium good stuff :

Core I7, @3.06gHz
8 gb of RAM
MSI GTX770

Well, this post is really sad, sorry. Most of the time i have a good sense of humor. But ATM i'm a little sorry............ =(

This is such a pity, i play since october 2013, but now i don't play anymore.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:33 AM

Terms of use

13. Payment Terms.

1. You may create an Account without paying any registration or subscription fees, however, some content, products or games related to the PGI Offerings may require the payment of fees. If you choose to subscribe, purchase or become a member of any such fee-based offering, you warrant that (i) you are or over the age of thirteen (13), or, if you are under thirteen (13), your parent or guardian has submitted all payment information and read and accepted this Agreement on your behalf, (ii) your use of the provided credit card or other method of payment is authorized, (iii) all information that you submit is true and accurate, and (iv) you agree to pay all fees you incur, including any recurring subscription fees unless and until you affirmatively terminate your Account or such fee-based offering in accordance with the specific terms thereof.

2. All fees and other charges are payable in advance and are non-refundable. We may, from time to time and without prior notice, modify, amend, or supplement our fees and billing methods, provided that such changes are made to this Agreement or elsewhere on the Website. All such modifications, amendments or supplements will be effective immediately upon posting to the Website. If any change is unacceptable to you, you may cancel your Account at any time, but we will not refund any fees that may have accrued to your Account before such cancellation, and we will not prorate fees for any charges.

3. You agree to promptly notify us of any changes to your payment method’s account number, its expiration date and/or your billing address, and you agree to promptly notify us if your payment method expires or is cancelled for any reason.

4. You acknowledge and agree that we do not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any content, feature, service or server related to the PGI Offerings, and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, service or server in our sole discretion.

Of course you can always ask politly with a mail to support, but you shouldn't expect any refunds on anything that is already available to you in the game. The only thing that is regularly refunded are pre-orders for content not yet in the game.

#3 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:35 AM

No... You are not really eligible for any refunds unless the money was spent very recent and you might have to go tjhrough your CC to get them.. and it might lead to your account being shut down.. permanently.

But if you get that ****** framerate on that rig... either you need to clean your PC or there is something else that is wrong because i run a rig that is about half of what you have and while i get poor framerate on some of the larger CW maps... It is not that bad.

#4 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 11 May 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

No... You are not really eligible for any refunds unless the money was spent very recent and you might have to go tjhrough your CC to get them.. and it might lead to your account being shut down.. permanently.

But if you get that ****** framerate on that rig... either you need to clean your PC or there is something else that is wrong because i run a rig that is about half of what you have and while i get poor framerate on some of the larger CW maps... It is not that bad.

Thanks for the response.

I have spent all the weekend to clean my PC, free up some space (something like 400 gb!), change the graphic card driver, make a new clean installation of MWO, run the repair tool, put the graphics on low-medium, change some lines in the user.cfg file... It has change nothing.

This is very odd. It's not the first time it's happening : last year they were a period of something like 2 or 3 months where i can't play the game because of fps drop on some maps.

CW maps are even bad.

#5 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 11 May 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

Yes this. I've got a laptop that's far worse but tends to do 20-30 fps on the solo maps. Are you sure your PC isn't surreptiously being used to send spam to the rest of the world or something? :ph34r:

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:49 AM

Oh... I didn't even look at the posted stats for the PC.

Yes, I agree with AlexEss. This seems to be a problem that is not related to MWO as your computer definatly has the horse power to run this game just fine.

Please make sure you disable everything that might interfere with the games performance (anti-virus, firewalls, streaming stoftware, office programms, everything in your autostart, everything that is not the operating system itself). Afterwards, slowly enable one program after another and see how much it impacts your gameplay and FPS.

You might even want to consider a complete reinstallation of your system to make sure it is clean and no other software is running.

You also want to monitor the temperatures of your systems components. It might be that your CPU or GPU is throttling because they are heating up to much, resulting in your low performance.

Edited by Egomane, 11 May 2015 - 03:50 AM.

#7 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostAleski, on 11 May 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

I have spent all the weekend to clean my PC, free up some space (something like 400 gb!), change the graphic card driver, make a new clean installation of MWO, run the repair tool, put the graphics on low-medium, change some lines in the user.cfg file... It has change nothing.

Daft questions
1 - are you up to date on your OS? (if no, get it there)
2 - are you experiencing anything like this on other games? (helps identify if their code or your rig)
3 - do you have everything backed up for an OS install? (drastic but can fix deep config issues)
4 - is your motherboard BIOS up to date? (possible with enough updates, but unlikely)

Edited by Raggedyman, 11 May 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#8 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:52 AM

I'm in France too, my CPU is the same as yours, i got 12GB ram and a gtx 670m and i play 1600*900 with good details and i have between 40 to 60 FPS when i play so MWO is probably not the issue here.
I's say take a look at your drivers but you should have done that by now, so maybe a BIG clean up?

Edited by XtremWarrior, 11 May 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#9 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:13 AM

The problem is your computer, specs are fine, something is busted.

Antivirus, updates, check insides for dust and dislodged heatsinks.
Perhaps run a benchmark program like passmark, it might show where the bottleneck is.

#10 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

That really sounds like overheating components, or you accidentally changed some settings and the game is not running on your GPU, but on your onboard graphics. Check these possibilities.

#11 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 11 May 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

4 - is your motherboard BIOS up to date? (possible with enough updates, but unlikely)

This one I usually try to avoid as a reccomendation, because it's very easy to have an attempted BIOS update turn your Mobo into an expensive paperweight.

My old Mobo died to it. I made sure to get one directly from the manufacturer and it ended up crashing my PC after flashing the old BIOS and reinstalling a new one. With little more than incoherent trash for a BIOS, the mobo was close to impossible to patch up unless you for some reason have an identical BIOS chip and high quality soldering equipment to replace the old one.

What may help as well is to run a defrag on your HDD (never defrag SSDs) as well, just expect it to take forever. Might be a good plan over a few workdays and stick to a console while it's doing its thing.

#12 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

I find threads like this very sad.

You do not rent property or anything that you can get a "refund" on. You support the company running the game (= help them pay their bills) and in return you get some nice little digital toys.
MWO Mechs are no real value per se (like cars) that PGI could sell to anotherone. If they "take them back", they simply delete the database record. That's it.

Asking for a refund on a digital service is somehow equivalent to saying "After using your service, I want to kill your company please. Can I do that?"

Edited by Paigan, 11 May 2015 - 04:20 AM.

#13 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

Hey something came up to my mind, did you check if you're on full-screen or full-window mode?
Cuz full-window was really a FPS breaker for me, quite like what you're experiencing!

Edited by XtremWarrior, 11 May 2015 - 04:39 AM.

#14 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:41 AM

Also it could potentially be your ISP and not a framerate issue.

#15 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

Thank you very much for all of your tips... The community on this game is awesome ;)

I have to try some things tonight.

I often clean my PC, but i don't have made it since a long time (maybe 6 month, i know, it's bad!). I'm going to check the heat on the PC. Maybe it's only this the problem.

I don't have test other big games for the moment, i'm playing a lot to Binding Of Isaac, and it's not as tough as MWO for the graphics settings! ^^

I have play to Bioshock 2, i have no issues with the graphics on maximum. I will try Bioshock Infinite tonight, in full graphics to check if anything is OK. It's the more recent game i have on my PC today.

For a complete OS re-installation or fragmentation, i will try this at the very last time, cause it's taking a lot of time.

#16 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

Are you running SLI?

If you see a FPS drop i always do CTRL + ALT + DELETE (and then close the screen, NOT THE GAME)

The second card is always throttled somehow and when i play sometimes the card needs to be 'fired' up.

Not sure if it works for single cards.

No joke, as it sound stupid and or troll attempt. But it's real and its works for me with 2 GTX 460 in SLI.

Edited by Sarlic, 11 May 2015 - 04:54 AM.

#17 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 11 May 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

Also it could potentially be your ISP and not a framerate issue.

What is "ISP"?

(Sorry, i'm french, i don't understand anything in english!)

View PostSarlic, on 11 May 2015 - 04:52 AM, said:

Are you running SLI?

If you see a FPS drop i always do CTRL + ALT + DELETE (and then close the screen, NOT THE GAME)

The second card is always throttled somehow and when i play sometimes the card needs to be 'fired' up.

Not sure if it works for single cards.

No joke, as it sound stupid and or troll attempt. But it's real and its works for me with 2 GTX 460 in SLI.

I don't run this software, cause i only have one graphic card.

Edited by Aleski, 11 May 2015 - 04:54 AM.

#18 Baelfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

ISP = Internet Service Provider.

#19 odiemoncrew

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

ISP. your Internet service Provider

#20 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostAleski, on 11 May 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

What is "ISP"?

(Sorry, i'm french, i don't understand anything in english!)

Internet service provider (the company that you get your internet from) . Sometimes they send your data weird ways and that leads to a sort of lag and stuttering because your data move with the speed of a Citroen 2cv. It could also be a Telia issue with one or more of the nodes going out from europe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users