4 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:43 AM

We want a "one-stop-shop" Mechlab, not a multi-click, multi-check, multi-page monstrosity. Give us fewer clicks and fewer pages. Same page drop downs, mouse-over details, fewer pages. See how much simple functionality you can cram into one page and then let us test it. Consolidate, consolidate, consolidate!

#2 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

Also, cosmetic request:

Can we have the Mechlab NOT display a mech when it is still in a match? On the little grid it would say "In Game" but on the right side I still see the huge mech still there next to the platform. I was explaining something about it to my wife "That mech is destroyed for a while so I can't take it out again until we salvage it and get it fixed (pointing to the label 'In-game')" and that's when she said "It's not destroyed, there it is.. why don't you use it again" or something along those lines. Any help with the 'suspension of belief' aspect would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by masCh, 11 May 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#3 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 11 May 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

We want a "one-stop-shop" Mechlab, not a multi-click, multi-check, multi-page monstrosity. Give us fewer clicks and fewer pages. Same page drop downs, mouse-over details, fewer pages. See how much simple functionality you can cram into one page and then let us test it. Consolidate, consolidate, consolidate!

and on that note: I've been saying it since this began.

1) Add a `MechBay Tab to the top, and move the Store Tab to Home section. It's where it belongs in the first place. And give us the `MechBay grid as it is now. With the tabs on the side detailing which `Mech Class we want. Light, Medium, etc. Minus

2) Give us a `MechLab we can enjoy. That Select a `Mech can stay as long as it's not in the Home section. I think having it in different sections is a waste of space.

3) The section where we add weapons and equipment is fantastic and doesn't need removal. However, the Layout drop down, does need removal. it's also wasting memory and space. I say this: bring the Strip `Mech, Reset `Mech and add the `Mech Details tab to that section.

4) the Redeem Code tab needs removing. . . absolutely! We don't need it any more due to the fact we get the codes in our email accounts, and with the link, we can redeem whatever code is sent to said account. That is a definite need of removal.

5) Why do we need Statics tab? Seriously. Just another waste of space. We can easily go to the website and look them up there. Please get rid of it. Plus, we don't need a link to them. Thank you, but no thank you.

6) Finally, give us this in Option C, with either current ammo/weapons/equipment icons we have now in UI 2.0 as shown here in this picture below:

Posted Image

Or make it more readable with better font size. Plus, with option C, we get a Color coding that everybody enjoys and loves. Plus, at a later date, it too, can be made into a colorblind portion of the UI.

Also, I have said before as well and it harkens back to #1 of this posting. the following should be as shown and placed at top:

Home|MechBay|MechLab|Faction|Skills

#4 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:14 PM

I would love to see a way to incorporate the testing grounds into the mechlab, so you don't end up wasting millions of cbills on a design that you need to test its viability before spending that much cbills

#5 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 11 May 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Totally agree. Alots been added to the game since the original Mechbay 1.5 I think it was. But that was maybe the best minus the small windowed mode. Mix that functionality in with some sim like and immersive elements please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users