18 replies to this topic

#1 Idalgos

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLipetsk, Russia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:42 AM

I have little suggestion. A lot of us took their time to download public test client, search for bugs, create feedback and make some nice suggestions and summary of things.

Maybe we can reward those of us, who create usefull ideas that gonna be included in game, find evasive bugs and stuff, and help test things in general. Something like small sum of MC, C-bills, mechbay or cockpit item.

It would help create positive feeling of being heard by developers and accomplishing usefull goal. Well, of course with polished mechlab in the end for all players!

#2 Myray

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

that would just end in stupid ideas and more work for pgi to sort out that stupid ideas because everyone want to grab that reward

#3 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostMyray, on 12 May 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

that would just end in stupid ideas and more work for pgi to sort out that stupid ideas because everyone want to grab that reward

Agreed. This is the worst suggestion ever made on these forums. Kudos for thinking it, but a bad idea nonetheless.

#4 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Really? It's voluntary and it should remain voluntary. NO rewards needed!

#5 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

And people do it, anyway because what PGI has here is a community that loves a franchise a looks at MWO as their (current) most promising "Mecca" to pray to ... so, all they want is to help and tons of input will be given by people that know what they want and what it's best for a series they follow for decades.

#6 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:18 PM

They don't need to buy our love.

#7 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

Nice idea in theory. But the time required to do the necessary database query then inject those players the reward would be better served towards the MechLab itself.

#8 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

i'd rather keep the number of garbage complaint threads to a minimum, ya dingus.

my reward, hopefully, is a better working mechlab and a home screen that doesn't rely on that clunky expanding list selection screen.

#9 Idalgos

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLipetsk, Russia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

Thinking about it, that idea would work in case we need more people on test server. And right now, we need quality over quantity. And while idea itself is positive, it woldn't do anything good, so just forget about this topic.

#10 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

The idea would make sense if they needed people playing in the test server for any specific purpose where you need to have a decent population. They did it before.

#11 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:53 AM

The reward is already quite significant.

An improved game.

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

a bug cockpit item

but honestly it is nto really needed, because its already a sneak peek for those testing and also a help to improve the game they play, which is porbably the biggest "reward" you can get.

Further people would come for rewards causing probably even worse testing by half arsed feedback juts to claim some activity, which then in return may lower the true improvment of the game

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 May 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#13 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostTarogato, on 13 May 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

The reward is already quite significant.

An improved game.

Nailed it.

Thread closed.

#14 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Now, how about this?

10,000 Cbills per new bug found B)
MWO: Bugless edition

#15 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostHornsby, on 12 May 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

They don't need to buy our love.

Yes, yes they do. ;)

#16 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

Please add incentives, even if it's just a small amount of c-bills. I WANT to go on the public test server and try out some builds, I'm trying to decide what mech to buy if I choose to purchase a pack (we'll see PGI). Thing is, I can't get a match. If I can't test my builds I can't test the game.

Rewards would be just to draw people to the public test, for me it would be the icing on the cake.

#17 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

You get a reward. When the version goes live, it's probably better or closer to what you were looking for than it otherwise would be. You also have a head start on learning the changes and can help guide new people.

#18 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

My opinion is that the reward is helping to create a better game that you like to play.

I really don’t like where we’re going in society where every little thing you do requires a reward.

We didn’t need a reward to go through all that work before, so we don’t need one now after the fact.
Nevertheless, PGI has rewarded some public testers with 1 or 3 days premium time in the past. However, that’s totally up to PGI to do, and not something we should be asking for.

View PostApocalypticoreo, on 13 May 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Please add incentives, even if it's just a small amount of c-bills.
Sadly, we know how these forums operate.

Judging by how sour people can turn things, a small amount of c-bills will be:
"A slap in the face."
Not worth it. / Laughed at.
"I hate how I'm being forced to download the public test just to receive the rewards."
"PGI how about a reward we can actually -use-?"
"I DON"T NEED MORE C-BILLS! Give me MC!"

I would much rather not see a reward, and see people participate in the public test the good ol' fashioned way: to get a sneak peak of features coming down the pipe. and to help out the game.
I really don't want PGI to give more reasons for people to feel entitlted to stuff that they don't technically deserve.

My current line of work, I have observed that once you give someone something, they come back and ask for it again, or, ask for more.

People will see the reward, and put their own value on it. And then they'll feel like they put in more time than others, but they receive the same reward, so then so peopel who put in more effort want to be rewarded as such.
It's a slipper slope. So I'd rather not see any incentives. If PGI wants to give rewards after the fact, that's up to them.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 May 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#19 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

1 trillion C-bills!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users