3 replies to this topic

#1 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

G'day all, I am a newbie to MWO and online gaming in general as I mostly play Strategy games but have played a few shooters as a solo. Anyway as a longtime Battletech fan(I used to play in the late 80's, and have owned and played all the PC battletech/mechwarrior titles) I came across MWO about 2 years ago and registered but then backed out due to it being an online game and I assumed it was pay for ply etc. Last weekend was looking into battletech again, came across MWO and bit the bullet and downloaded the game. Now I am hooked and have been playing nightly and have done around 50 missions.

Anyway I am interested in CW but realise that you really need to be in a group so I am thinking of joining one. I am not ultra competitive and am not someone who can game for 12 hrs at a time, I have been playing around 2-3 hrs per night and around 4-5 on a weekend.

Can anyone recommend a friendly oceanic group to join. I live in Sydney Australia

Cheers

#2 E5Ky

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:24 AM

Check out the Oceanic Unit List, It's a good place to start. lots of information, contact details and faction loyalties listed.
You will find a lot of the different units group up and play with and against each other from time to time. Not uncommon to see Units visiting Team Speak of other Units. Everyone I've encountered have been friendly enough. Drop in via the ARMD TS server and say hi, Drop into some of the other TS servers and It won't take you long to work out what's best for you.

Edited by E5Ky, 18 May 2015 - 03:33 AM.

#3 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

Checkout DHB we many oceanic players , but being a worldwide team always have some other time zones online as well. We are a casually competitive team & happy to help the new players.

http://www.deathshandbrigade.net

Cheers mate.

#4 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostValkyrie73, on 17 May 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

G'day all, I am a newbie to MWO and online gaming in general as I mostly play Strategy games but have played a few shooters as a solo. Anyway as a longtime Battletech fan(I used to play in the late 80's, and have owned and played all the PC battletech/mechwarrior titles) I came across MWO about 2 years ago and registered but then backed out due to it being an online game and I assumed it was pay for ply etc. Last weekend was looking into battletech again, came across MWO and bit the bullet and downloaded the game. Now I am hooked and have been playing nightly and have done around 50 missions.

Anyway I am interested in CW but realise that you really need to be in a group so I am thinking of joining one. I am not ultra competitive and am not someone who can game for 12 hrs at a time, I have been playing around 2-3 hrs per night and around 4-5 on a weekend.

Can anyone recommend a friendly oceanic group to join. I live in Sydney Australia

Cheers

Dont join F8L... they are a bunch of trolls and they have stopped playing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users