Clan Invasion Weekend Event!

346 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

CLAN INVASION WEEKEND EVENT

STARTS: Friday May 22nd at 3:00 PM PDT (10:00 PM UTC)

ENDS: Thursday May 28th at 2:15 PM PDT (9:15 PM UTC)

Note: 2:15 PM PDT / 9:15 PM UTC is the deadline for starting the final qualifying Community Warfare matches. Matches must end by 2:45 PM PDT in order to qualify.

Calling all Clan Invasion Wave 1, Wave 2, and Gold 'Mech owners: press the invasion of the Inner Sphere this weekend to earn some serious points and prizes!

Following on the heels of the recent Calling All Founders and Phoenix Rising events, this weekend's event is especially catered toward all Wave 1, Wave 2, and Gold 'Mech owners.

This Event is comprised of three distinct Challenges:

• Personal Challenge: all players are eligible for this Challenge
  • Invasion Challenge: Prime (I) Variant and Gold (G) 'Mech Variant owners are eligible for this Challenge
  • Clan Invasion Planetary Takeover Challenge: Clan-aligned players who reach the top-tier of the Personal Challenge are eligible for this Challenge

Solo and Group drops both count toward these Challenges.

Personal Challenge

Anyone can participate in this Personal Challenge, and there are no 'Mech restrictions!

Simply earn a minimum Match Score of 80 in Community Warfare Invasion or Counter Attack matches to earn 1 Personal Challenge Point.

Rack up enough Personal Challenge Points to unlock the following prizes:

• 3 points = 3 Days Premium Time (activated upon redemption)
  • 6 points = 1000 GXP
  • 9 points = 2,000,000 C-bills
  • 12 points = 300 MC

Important: Clan-aligned players must reach the 12-point tier of the Personal Challenge in order to qualify for the 'Clan Invasion Planetary Takeover Challenge' Rewards earned by their respective Clan.
Please see the 'Clan Invasion Planetary Takeover Challenge' section of this event page for further details.

All Personal Challenge prizes are awarded as the points are achieved!

Check your Personal Challenge progress here!

Invasion Challenge

Any Clan 'Invasion' Prime Variant or Gold 'Mech owner can participate in this Invasion Challenge. You must drop with either a Clan Invasion Prime (I) Variant or a Gold (G) 'Mech to earn a point!

Simply play Community Warfare, earn a minimum Match Score of 80, and you'll receive 1 Invasion Challenge Point for every (I) or (G) 'Mech in your drop deck:

• 80 Match Score with 0 Invasion (I) Variant or Gold (G) 'Mechs = 0 Invasion Challenge Points
  • 80 Match Score with 1 Invasion (I) Variant or Gold (G) 'Mech = 1 Invasion Challenge Point
  • 80 Match Score with 2 Invasion (I) Variants or Gold (G) 'Mechs (any combination thereof) = 2 Invasion Challenge Points
  • 80 Match Score with 3 Invasion (I) Variants or Gold (G) 'Mechs (any combination thereof) = 3 Invasion Challenge Points
  • 80 Match Score with 4 Invasion (I) Variants or Gold (G) 'Mechs (any combination thereof) = 4 Invasion Challenge Points

Rack up enough Invasion Challenge Points to unlock these prizes:

• 5 Invasion Challenge Points = x4 C-Bill Consumable Pack
  • 10 Invasion Challenge Points = 500 GXP
  • 15 Invasion Challenge Points = 150 MC
  • 20 Invasion Challenge Points = 'Broken Inner Sphere' Hanging Cockpit Item
  • 25 Invasion Challenge Points = 1,000,000 C-Bills
  • 30 Invasion Challenge Points = 150 MC
  • 35 Invasion Challenge Points = 1,500 GXP
  • 40 Invasion Challenge Points = 'Clan Dagger' Warhorn
  • 45 Invasion Challenge Points = 2,000,000 C-Bills
  • 50 Invasion Challenge Points = 2,500 GXP

The following 'Mechs are eligible for the Invasion Challenge:

Wave 1:

• ADR-PRIME (I)
  • DWF-PRIME (I)
  • KFX-PRIME (I)
  • NVA-PRIME (I)
  • SCR-PRIME (I)
  • SMN-PRIME (I)
  • TBR-PRIME (I)
  • WHK-PRIME (I)

Wave 2:

• GAR-PRIME (I)
  • HBR-PRIME (I)
  • IFR-PRIME (I)
  • MDD-PRIME (I)
  • MLX-PRIME (I)

Gold 'Mechs:

• ADR-PRIME (G)
  • DWF-PRIME (G)
  • KFX-PRIME (G)
  • NVA-PRIME (G)
  • SCR-PRIME (G)
  • SMN-PRIME (G)
  • TBR-PRIME (G)
  • WHK-PRIME (G)

Non-Invasion Prime Variants acquired through the in-game store are not eligible.

Invasion Prime Variants are only provided through Wave 1 and Wave 2 Collections or a la carte purchases.

All Invasion Challenge prizes are awarded as the points are achieved!

Check your Invasion Challenge progress here!

Clan Invasion Planetary Takeover Challenge

Help your Clan take possession of up to 5 Inner Sphere-controlled planets during the course of this Event and you could earn a Faction Medallion with a Loyalty Point boost of up to 5%!

The number of planets conquered during this Event will provide eligible players with a Loyalty Medallion booster equal to the number of planets that were conquered!

# of Total Planets Conquered
(by end of event)

equals

Loyalty Medallion Boost %

1 planet

equals

1% Loyalty Point Medallion

2 planets

equals

2% Loyalty Point Medallion

3 planets

equals

3% Loyalty Point Medallion

4 planets

equals

4% Loyalty Point Medallion

5 planets

equals

5% Loyalty Point Medallion

IMPORTANT INFO:

• In order to qualify for the Planetary Takeover Challenge/Faction Medallion Reward you must be Clan-aligned and you must complete the 12-point Personal Challenge by the end of the Event
  • Any planets that your Clan takes possession of before you reach the 12-point tier of the Personal Challenge will still count toward your Takeover Challenge planet count
  • Conquering/taking possession of a Planet is defined as taking ownership of a planet from any Inner Sphere Faction at the end of an Attack Phase
  • A conquered planet that is lost to another Faction during a later Attack Phase will still count that planet toward your Clans respective '# of Planets Conquered' count
  • A Clan must conquer a planet owned by an Inner Sphere Faction in order for that planet to qualify toward the planet count
  • A Clan taking ownership of a planet from another Clan will not contribute to the planet count
  • Loyalty Point Medallions will be delivered to eligible accounts on June 16th

Check out the Planetary Takeover Challenge page here!

Check out the Personal Challenge and Invasion Challenge page here!

#2 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 177 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:22 PM

I'll be there to help the IS defend/ keep pushing.

Edited by xSONOHx, 21 May 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#3 Wooosch

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

So...25h of CW grind....

http://s2.quickmeme....572f97cfa52.jpg

Edited by Wooosch, 21 May 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#4 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

Wow. 50 CW points in 5 days. Ouch.

#5 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

Just curious PGI, what about folks who bought wave 1 and/or wave 2 but are currently under an IS contract?

#6 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

Regarding the Invasion Challenge, keep in mind that you can earn up to 4 points per-match if you run a Drop Deck with 4 eligible 'Mechs.

View PostYUyahoo, on 21 May 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Just curious PGI, what about folks who bought wave 1 and/or wave 2 but are currently under an IS contract?

The Invasion Challenge is still applicable in these cases. The Planetary Takeover is the only one that requires Clan alignment.
Unless you break contract, the Personal Challenge will be the only one out of the three that you'll be eligible for.

#7 Othello

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 May 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Regarding the Invasion Challenge, keep in mind that you can earn up to 4 points per-match if you run a Drop Deck with 4 [I] or [G] Variants (in any combination).

The Invasion Challenge is still applicable in these cases. The Planetary Takeover is the only one that requires Clan alignment.

I am in the middle of a faction transition (broke contract, now waiting 3 days). Can I switch to faction during this event and have it count?

#8 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Uh, you can't use clan mechs while you are aligned with the IS. And only Clan mechs are ok for this event by the looks of it.

#9 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostSixpack, on 21 May 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Uh, you can't use clan mechs while you are aligned with the IS. And only Clan mechs are ok for this event by the looks of it.

Sorry, you are quite correct. Brain freeze on my part.

#10 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

But, but, you only acquire invasion challenge points if you drop with a invasion prime or gold variant. I can't use these mechs while my unit is on the IS side of the war.

Edit: already answered.

Quite a disappointment, I have both wave 1 and 2, and can't participate at all.

Edited by Kyynele, 21 May 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#11 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

Was really hoping for a TBR-PRIME(G) poll. You let me down PGI... on my birthday too! lols

#12 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

Regarding the Invasion Challenge, keep in mind that you can earn up to 4 points per-match if you run a Drop Deck with 4 {I} or {G} Variants (in any combination). The Invasion Challenge is still applicable in these cases. The Planetary Takeover is the only one that requires Clan alignment.

Yup, it's not that bad if you use 4 (I) mechs. The rewards aren't great enough to get me to break my contract and jump over and pug for the weekend (the cbills barely break even), but I can't wait for the Resistance version of this (hint hint). I like everything about the scoring system here!

edit: ooohhh, good point made up above, you can't break an IS contract and make it over to the clans in time to actually do this challenge due to the 3 day cooldown period. Can you guys fix that? And maybe kill the penalties?

Edited by Big Tin Man, 21 May 2015 - 03:44 PM.

#13 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

So no, you IS guys with clans mechs cannot join in on the fun.

3 day cooldown means you miss the event by the time you change factions too.....doesnt look good for Clanners.

I see they threw in some INCENTIVE to play CW as well....with the current mechanics it took over 3 hours last night to get 2 pips on a planet. There is NO CHANCE we will get much for these rewards.

I appreciate the gesture but this is insane 50 points is 25 hours of game time....no thanks.

Edited by DarthRevis, 21 May 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#14 Strongpaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSouth of Montreal

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

Thank you PGI for screwing people over who have invested thoudands of dollars into clan packs, who are currently stuck in IS units and contracts. Your forethought and not giving a crap about your customers with a bad CW system is noted.

#15 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

Regarding the Invasion Challenge, keep in mind that you can earn up to 4 points per-match if you run a Drop Deck with 4 eligible 'Mechs.

Unless you break contract, the Personal Challenge will be the only one out of the three that you'll be eligible for.

but there is a 72hours cooldown to break a contract

#16 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 21 May 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

but there is a 72hours cooldown to break a contract

They really should give Invasion owners (at the least because they invested in the game) the opportunity for a 1 time and free contract break for this event.

#17 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

Good thing I'm still Clan, just need a unit to roll with. I'd rather not do any site sign ups or anything though. Clan Wolf preferably

#18 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Too bad clan NOVA CAT isn't in the game yet. I would completely drop from the IS to CW for them, but alas they aren't in the game yet, so I guess clan wolf for the weekend.

#19 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

View PostDarthRevis, on 21 May 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

I appreciate the gesture but this is insane 50 points is 25 hours of game time....no thanks.

If you use 4 (I) mechs, it is 13 games, or 6.5 hours. You can earn up to 4 points per game. This is actually pretty dang good.

#20 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 21 May 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

If you use 4 (I) mechs, it is 13 games, or 6.5 hours. You can earn up to 4 points per game. This is actually pretty dang good.

That's IF you get an 80 match score in each of the 4 mechs or a combined 80 match score? Also, im banking on Ghost drops being a thing, cant get a 80 match score against turrets.

Also if we actually want to take planets and get those bonus' we will have to rush which also makes it very hard to get an 80 match score, not impossible but much tougher for all 12 of your guys.

Im sure i will get a few in with my unit, but this is not enough of an incentive to bring me back for a whole weekennd.

Edited by DarthRevis, 21 May 2015 - 03:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users