Terrible Pings Of The Evening

1 reply to this topic

#1 E5Ky

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:13 AM

Anyone else getting horrible pings in the evening ? I'm on the North side of Sydney. Service has been fine for 2+ years. Normally my ping of the evenings is sub 300 around 260-280.

Last Month or so everyday between 6:00 pm and 1:00 am and it bounces around between 400-800. I'm with Optus cable on one of those grandfather non limited plans and trying to sort it out with Optus but struggling to get honest answers.

I'm seeing chatter on Whirlpool forums about Netflix impacting services for Sydney users. I'm giving them another week to work with us and resolve the issues and then I'm hunting for a new ISP. Any recommendations? I'm cautious about switching ISP and being in the same situation still.

Posted Image

#2 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:13 AM

Honestly, when I see my ping fluctuate like that, it's typically something on my network doing it. Either someone else in the house dl-ing something or some piece of software deciding that right now is an awesome time to update itself.

Obviously I'm not in a position to know anything about your set-up but Occam's Razor says the most likely culprit is much closer to home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users