Hot-Fix Scheduled For May 21St At 3Pm Pdt

26 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
We will be rolling out a hot-fix on Thursday May 21st, tentatively scheduled for 3:00 PM PDT, with the following changes:
  • Addressed an issue where particles could crash the client under DirectX 11
  • Restored the trail effect to PPC projectiles
The estimated downtime required for this hot-fix will be approximately 30 minutes.
When services are restored you will be required to apply a small patch.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

I guess our DX11 trail-less PPC nightmare has been resolved!

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 20 May 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

I guess our DX11 trail-less PPC nightmare has been resolved!

I couldn't sleep last night.

#4 Grabbabrewski

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

I can stop taking my high anxiety pills...

#5 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

How about fixing that nerf you guys put out?

#6 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 20 May 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

How about fixing that nerf you guys put out?

I dunno... I've been playing CW last couple hours on the Clans side now, and I've asked my fellow clanners, nobody who uses it seems to mind the difference too much... I guess, when you see 25% on things, it sounds like a huge nerf... but, that's less than a second tacked onto the cooldown, and like, a 5th of a second on the duration... it sucks, don't get me wrong. but it's not the armaggeddon that was foretold.

At the same time.... this also helps with heat control :P

Also: THANK GOD! Hotfix for all the crashing! Game has been rock solid for 2-3 weeks now, after update, 4 crashes every 2 hours...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 20 May 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#7 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

ITS A TRAP NERFING INCOMMING!!! THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!

#8 Garegaupa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

Nice, I hope this will resolve the client crashes I've experienced after the last patch! :)

#9 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 20 May 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

I dunno... I've been playing CW last couple hours on the Clans side now, and I've asked my fellow clanners, nobody who uses it seems to mind the difference too much... I guess, when you see 25% on things, it sounds like a huge nerf... but, that's less than a second tacked onto the cooldown, and like, a 5th of a second on the duration... it sucks, don't get me wrong. but it's not the armaggeddon that was foretold.

Also: THANK GOD! Hotfix for all the crashing! Game has been rock solid for 2-3 weeks now, after update, 4 crashes every 2 hours...

The changes really dont hurt the meta. Guys running meta mechs using meta tactics won't notice much change... for the rest of us not running meta, its very noticeable.

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

I've had more hard crashes since the last patch than ever before. Sure hope this addresses it. Thanks!

#11 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostScarecrowES, on 21 May 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

The changes really dont hurt the meta. Guys running meta mechs using meta tactics won't notice much change... for the rest of us not running meta, its very noticeable.

Odd. I thought the "meta" was massed lasers ... which should be the most impacted build based on the quirk numbers. On the other hand mixed builds with lasers/gauss/C-LBX or C-UAC would be less affected ... but I thought these generally aren't meta. Similarly, on the Stormcrow, the meta also seemed to be massed lasers ... while the changes don't impact the streak crow at all ... which isn't meta anyway as far as I know.

So ... your statement seems completely contrary to my expectations.

#12 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostMawai, on 21 May 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

Odd. I thought the "meta" was massed lasers ... which should be the most impacted build based on the quirk numbers. On the other hand mixed builds with lasers/gauss/C-LBX or C-UAC would be less affected ... but I thought these generally aren't meta. Similarly, on the Stormcrow, the meta also seemed to be massed lasers ... while the changes don't impact the streak crow at all ... which isn't meta anyway as far as I know.

So ... your statement seems completely contrary to my expectations.

The min maxers will get around it, those who are hit the hardest are the casuals that don't understand every nuiscance and break out the calculator when building their mechs which very well might be a bigger part of the community.

It's like imposing a new law against a new crime. The only ones affected are those that never commited the crime to begin with . The career criminals are already ahead of the police.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 21 May 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#13 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

No what they should have done today is broadcast an event for the weekend to help CW and general game play.

#14 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

I been getting dumped to desktop a lot since the recent patch.
I hope this fixes it!

#15 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:14 PM

Server is showing online, patcher won't connect.

#16 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

So...about the Machine Guns, you guys going to fix that too?

I don't want my Bullets going through things, and having no effects....

-ST

#17 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

Website says servers are online, but you are clearly patching. (maintenance message when launching mwo)

Edited by LORD ORION, 21 May 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#18 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Let´s see what it brings...

#19 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 20 May 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

The beam duration makes it hard to play the mechs for me I always been mostly a laser user with these nerfs using clans just takes away my enjoyment. Why I wont bother with the wave 3 and I was rather looking forward to those mechs.

#20 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 21 May 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

The min maxers will get around it, those who are hit the hardest are the casuals that don't understand every nuiscance and break out the calculator when building their mechs which very well might be a bigger part of the community.

It's like imposing a new law against a new crime. The only ones affected are those that never commited the crime to begin with . The career criminals are already ahead of the police.

More or less this. Remember, meta is not just about how a mech is built, but also how you use it. Remember the old poptart meta? Wouldn't do you much good to throw on a spread of PPCs and Gausses and attempt to brawl with them.

Basically the same with deathstar metas. You can't throw on a bunch of lasers and expect to go into a real fight that way. Toe-to-toe in the open or a brawl you'd overheat before being able to put any real damage down. No... You find cover, pop out, spam lasers, pop back into cover, cool off, repeat. Adding a bit of duration and a bit more cooldown to such a build played that way isn't going to hurt it. You're going to be throwing as many lasers at once downrange as you can and then slinking off to watch your heat drop anyway. So no, the quirks don't really hurt mechs that are built and played that way.

What they hurt are normal builds for straight fighting. Where lasers are used to support other weapons. You can build an all-laser Stormcrow Prime to meta, and you can build an all-laser Stormcrow Prime NOT to meta. How it's meant to be used is part of the equation. My Prime is all lasers, but you wouldn't look at it at the build and how I play it and think it flows with what some players want nerfed. Nonetheless, it's been downgraded significantly. And so have all my other non-meta TBRs and SCRs that happen to also have lasers somewhere in the build. It hurts me, but not the players building to meta whose tactics were meant to get around the inherit ridiculousness of bringing all-energy builds in the first place.

As an aside, isn't it interesting that most every meta in the game has been about NOT engaging in a stand-up fight?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users