9 replies to this topic

#1 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:01 PM

Hi As some of you know I like my Highlanders.
But I'm not here to talk about that.

Faction play is very team orientated. as such it seems quite hard to convince the pugs to play faction. unless............. we run events for faction. but then they hate the 12 man farms.

So, here's my idea. they do like faction when its even..... team work makes the dream work.

SO we have a tab in game where factions such as JGX, RIMS, FJRD, MJ12, 601. can advertise.

this then presents the question. should we gate keep these entries for better player experience.

I suggest however the opposite approach. give us a Picture to upload. a short text, and a long text.

And people will figure out which sock goes on which foot. I am not smart enough to tell you how to advertise your self. so I'll let you decide. ^^

My idea is giving you the option of in game advisements ( Free of course ) so that people who are waiting for faction can browse the teams they might encounter. teams that help the pug, pure shepherds of the pug will attract their sheep and the wolfs will kill them.

So that is my idea.

put simply, an active window to advertise authentic/ known teams. to encourage the pugs to join the MWO Cult... chough. no the Community.

#2 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:45 PM

Honestly a pretty solid idea if it can be executed fairly and properly.

#3 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:50 PM

So another annoying blurb to filter out or close just like Call to Arms announcements.

#4 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:54 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 June 2023 - 01:50 PM, said:

So another annoying blurb to filter out or close just like Call to Arms announcements.

Not necessarily depending how they do it. it might be nice if there was a box is some corner with the unit emblems and "join us for xyz" in it. there are ways of making in unobtrusive to general game play.

#5 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 02:18 PM

View PostVulkanNo1, on 02 June 2023 - 01:54 PM, said:

Not necessarily depending how they do it. it might be nice if there was a box is some corner with the unit emblems and "join us for xyz" in it. there are ways of making in unobtrusive to general game play.

Okay, that might work if they have anyone to do UI elements.

#6 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 02 June 2023 - 04:16 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 June 2023 - 02:18 PM, said:

Okay, that might work if they have anyone to do UI elements.

yeah I think it can be done. like you get the event updates. you could also have one for faction teams. but there could also be one on the faction screen.

#7 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 02 June 2023 - 05:04 PM

In a meeting with the FJRD team now. It sound like we would like to start mentoring inexperienced people in the game. but we need a smoother transition into the discord. this would really help players search out unit and find us. also for us to find them.

#8 Mqtrix

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 08:42 PM

Sadly this will probably not happend due to moderation and trolling. Player written ads are always a nice idea, until the reality kicks in and people abuse the system to do anything aside from the intended use.

#9 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:35 PM

View PostMqtrix, on 02 June 2023 - 08:42 PM, said:

Sadly this will probably not happend due to moderation and trolling. Player written ads are always a nice idea, until the reality kicks in and people abuse the system to do anything aside from the intended use.

If they went through some kind of preliminary approval process it might work but that makes assumptions about resources available. I absolutely do think a not-insubstantial portion of this playerbase would abuse it if that was not in place.

#10 VulkanNo1

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 03 June 2023 - 06:26 AM

Enter the value of gate keeping.

Understandably. PGI may want to gate keep the people who can submit or even allow adverts.

so that criteria must be clear and open for all to see so that we are able to judge for ourselves here the line should be,
and then the mech dads will push the boundaries a tad. play some games etc. and pgi will have to slap their hands. usual ****.

but then again their might only be 200 active clans that play faction competitively. so that's not too much work.

it can be done, it just needs so common sense to apply. that's all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users