Right Out Of The Sibko

9 replies to this topic

#1 War Pig Wizrd

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:36 PM

Hi, I'm a new player to MWO and I would love to join a CGB unit. The Bears have always been my favorite clan.

I"m an old hand at team based game, was even a raid leader for WoW back in college for a while. I'm also a Mech Warrior fan in general, I played the first one on my dad's old Tandy PC when I was a kid and have loved mechs ever since. Even read my share of the novels.

I'm 31, live on the East Coast of 'Merica. I only play on nights and/or weekends due to work.

I'm steadily becoming a better pilot though I need some more work before I would call myself 'average.' I love being on a good team and I will do the jobs others don't like, such as rear guard, or scout. (So far I LOVE being a sneaky scout calling out targets.)

I hope to hear from you!

One question though, mouse/keyboard or joy stick/throttle combo?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Feel free to check out Clan Kodiak @ clankodiak.enjin.com

Mouse. For sure.

#3 War Pig Wizrd

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

I did send an app to Clan Kodiak, never heard back.

#4 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

Try us at GBKP we have no application, just get on the website and sign up to that saying you want to join and we'll organise a time to meet in game and i'll give you an invite to the unit, leave me a PM on my forum page here and we'll organise it there or catch me in-game and i'll sign you up then, i'm on between 2pm AEST and 12am AEST every day and we don't do applications, you play, you like playing, that's all we care about, use my name as it is to contact me. ATTAKHAN666

#5 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:12 PM

Clan Ghost Bear International has a whole training program for Sibkins which include concepts such as leg shielding, torso twisting, and drop commanding. Every sibkin must get a passing grade in these concepts before their trial of entry.

Training is hard for both the trainers and the sibkin, sometimes constant failures for hours before a student has perfected the concept. At the end including the trial of entry, the status of becoming a Mechwarrior in CGBI is something you can wear with pride as it indicates that you completed a series of challenges not everyone has been through.

If you enjoy the lore aspects, CGBI trial of entry includes rituals, speeches, trials, and using Clan language.

If this all sounds enjoyable to you, please head to Ghost Bear Command.

On balance, if you wish for a smaller but certainly capable group, I can say that Clan Kodiak has very good players in it.

P.S: Also to answer your question the majority find Mouse and Keyboard easier, though we have some players that use joysticks and are very brutal.

Edited by Bubblewhip, 02 June 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#6 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostWar Pig Wizrd, on 02 June 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

I did send an app to Clan Kodiak, never heard back.

Under this name? I see a couple unanswered ones from today, but not from you. We have one guy who answers them, so it's not always immediate.

#7 Strikhedonia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostBubblewhip, on 02 June 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

P.S: Also to answer your question the majority find Mouse and Keyboard easier, though we have some players that use joysticks and are very brutal.

>:-)

Joystick takes a lot of practice. I can hold my own in my ELO bracket, but it took years of work.

Welcome to the game! Wherever you go I hope you find a home.

Edited by Sarah McCallum, 04 June 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#8 Hann Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

We never got your app Warpig. I did see you on TS once during non-peak times. Try and submit another app and get on Wed night between 8-11 when we have practices and we will get you set up.

Edited by Hann Solo, 09 June 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#9 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:08 AM

You knocked it backed before but i'm still willing to sign you up if you're interested, at least it would get you in a unit and started with training and such. ATTAKHAN666

#10 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

FYI this user signed up to CGBI. Just so people do not need to get hopes up with recruit posts in here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users