Inner Sphere Loyalist Units: What Motivates You?

78 replies to this topic

#41 David McCarthy

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

Well I actually like comstar the best. Since they didn't have a comstar option, I went with FRR because they are the closest there is.

fedcom would come a close second, then Liao.

My loyalty is mainly to specific units rather than a faction, however.

#42 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

being able to swap engines and other goodies inIS mechs, which you can not do in clan mechs.

#43 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

My german roots leave me no other choise :)

#44 Bruce Adders

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTasmania

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:05 AM

Canopus is my favourite faction because it'd be the nicest place to live. Freedom, health care etc. But not available.
I'm loyal to Liao for 3 reasons -

1. I started playing Battletech in the 80s when I was a kid, and I liked the sword emblem back then (and oh man I miss the Marauder!)
2. Underdog factor
3. A merit-based society, unlike Davion and others where you'll always be an illiterate peasant if your parents are

Clans are written in the book as a romantic ideal, kind of. I think they're awful. They take slaves, hello? Did no one else notice that?

Also, Liao has cool units like Red Lancers, Death Commandos, the Warrior Houses, not to mention McCarron's Armoured Cavalry...

#45 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

Wait..... There are other factions????

After reading all the books, playing the table top, all the mechwarrior games, and having fun with the RPG, in the end it is the people in House Davion that make me stay.

Oh and the ability to crush Liao. That is a big bonus too.

#46 LiYanTintenfisch

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

My Chinese root leave me no choice but Liao

#47 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:33 PM

3025 Steiner under the real Katrina Steiner. Never cared for: our bought ranks, but we love out top heavy tonnage; detest the Davion James Bond type fluff; hate the Liao batshit crazy psychosis; the boring Marik I couldn't pass a bill if you paid me to bureaucracy; the sometimes (not always) honorless Kurtia using of "samurai honor" as an excuse to blindly follow illegal orders; the FRR before their reemergence as a nation was just the back story the Sorenson's Sabers scenario pack that I remember reading so long ago. The Clans are both good and bad... mainly bad. They are the new jackbooted thugs following a genocidal path of normal humans in the game universe. Though I mostly detest them all for making the Kerensky name, that I've been using since '88, hard to use when your NOT A CLANNER. :D

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 06 July 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#48 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:35 AM

Im German, so what else then Steiner? ^^

#49 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

MoC, CF, or RC, but no periphery units in this game atm, so yea davions

#50 Teh Hobo

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

I'm probably the only Marian guy here, love them for the "little pirate nation that could" thing they have. The roman thing is gravy. But, since I can't be space roman I'll throw in with the FRR and turn back the tide, no other nation compares, we're at the front lines of the invasion and there's no rear lines for us.

Why would you choose any other faction?

P.S. FRR isn't space vikings, it's space modern scandinavia, peaceful and boring. The clan invasion turned us into space vikings.

#51 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostCmdr Hurrell, on 03 June 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

So you decide to be a "space comunist". Careful with stereotypes dude, they tend to be a double-edged weapon.

The Clans are almost as pure communist as you can get. Liao is a dictatorship.

#52 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostBubblewhip, on 02 June 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Greetings honorable Inner Sphere fighters,

As you can see I am a Clanner, specifically an Abtakha formally Davion now with CGBI.

With all the mercenaries running around I have great respect for loyalist units that stick with one faction through thick and thin, and do not switch sides based on how things are going for one side or the other.

As a Clansmen I understand why units in the clan dedicate themselves to one faction. It is a sense of culture, with strong beliefs about the cause, battle rituals, chivalry, and language.

I would like to know if it is the same case for units like SRoT and HHoD? Why do you guys stick to one faction?

Regardless of the reason, great respect to those who keep their loyalty no matter the faction.

<o

Yes, for decades past. Houseliao , no questions asked.

For decades to come, yes , Houseliao, no questions asked.

#53 Baron Wasteland

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

Space bacon goes great with Beer!

#54 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostTeh Hobo, on 21 July 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

P.S. FRR isn't space vikings, it's space modern scandinavia, peaceful and boring. The clan invasion turned us into space vikings.

Have you ever partied with modern Scandinavians? Last time I did that I ended up 3 countries over from where I started and I was wearing someone else's pants.

Edited by nehebkau, 23 July 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#55 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:03 PM

Banging rocks.

#56 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 23 July 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Have you ever partied with modern Scandinavians? Last time I did that I ended up 3 countries over from where I started and I was wearing someone else's pants.

If this was 4 chan. I would be crying for green text right now.

#57 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 July 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

If this was 4 chan. I would be crying for green text right now.

True story, though it was a long time ago when I was a young university student touring Europe in the summer. We started the party in Oslo and ended up in Denmark with stops in Stockholm and Helsinki . Somehow along the way my pants got shredded, backpack lost, and was wearing a friends surplus army cammo pants. It was during this time I discovered my propensity to projectile vomit when I ride a ferry while intoxicated.

#58 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

El Poderoso Imperio Azteca Documental Completo En Español

Reason I Am A Smoke Jaguar is Because Of The Aztec Eagle Warrior And Aztec Jaguar Warrior
I Think The Dragon is Also Sacred There In The Aztec Pyramids I Just Know Aztec Eagle And Aztec Jaguar
Are Warriors

Edited by Thorn Fidelis, 24 July 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#59 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

Using big stompy bots to shoot other big stompy bots.

#60 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

I'm with Kurita because the 9th Sword of the Dragon is a Kuritan loyalist unit, but my allegiance is to the people wearing the 9SD tags - good group of people to hang out with and have fun in game.

312th was also a Kurita allied unit, but they are neither functional nor active in the game anymore (I understand there was a name change at some point, but still I am unsure how active they are).

BCMC was my first unit, was unallied merc unit before the tags and long, long before CW. Fell apart due to inactivity, but was also a great group of people to play the game with and hang out in TeamSpeak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users