Clan Mech Announcer Voice

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Announcers (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Clan Computer Voice Change and possible diction change?

1. Yes (27 votes [87.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.10%

2. No (2 votes [6.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

3. What is diction? (2 votes [6.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SneakyMasakari

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

I would like to see a new voice for the Clan Mechs.
And maybe if possible, different diction for the announcer in the clan mechs.
Instead of for instance,"Weapons online" it would say,"Weapons primed"
Just to show the difference between the Clans and the innersphere and how they developed.
And if anyone has played Call of Duty lately, they've introduced payable announcer voices like Snoop Dog and Sergeant. Just some ideas.

-New Clan Computer Voice
-Different Clan Diction
-Different announcers

Edited by SneakyMasakari, 12 June 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#2 Jelik

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Great idea. Unless both the clans and the IS are still using Star League vocal interfaces because they're cheapskates.

#3 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostJennerCrusher, on 12 June 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Quick Suggestion: Make the Clan Mech announcer sound like Betty from MW2:31stCC

The current/default "Betty" in MWO IS actually the same voice from MW2, that of Carole Ruggier.

Carole Ruggier is a British actress. As a casting director, director, and voice actress, she is best known for her work on video games. Some of her more notable roles include Athena in God of War, Age of Mythology and God of War II, and Auntie Dot in Halo: Reach.

Her first voice acting role was in the 1995 video game, MechWarrior 2 as the Narrator (aka Bitchin' Betty) and she was invited to reprise the role for MechWarrior Online in 2013.

This is stated to be the case (albeit, with Niko misspelling her name) in the patch notes from Nov. 27, 2012.

Last but not least BETTY is in the game! Yes that is Carrol Ruggier's voice, of MechWarrior 2 fame, in the game! We still have more audio to add (*cough*, start-up sequence, *cough*), and some more system refinement, but we just couldn't make you wait any longer!

#4 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Same voice, same actress, but different sound. Just adjust the voice to make it sound more like it did then (different from the IS version.
Why?
Because you changed everything else to look and sound different from the inner sphere, so why stop there?

#5 Ansgar Odinson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

I would like to hear a male voice for the clan interface. Something less serene, more aggressive.

#6 TheInventor

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

Oh god yes!! The Clan voice should be a deeper, aggressive male voice, as suggested above. Also as suggested above, it should have alternative ways of saying things.

"Reactor activated. Sensors listening. Weapons primed. All systems nominal. Good hunting."

Could I hope for this voice to have an African or Afrikaner accent? It would really fit the Clan feel of honor-based hunting, especially when the Clans draw pride from their various animals and support a traditionalist economy structure.

That, or since the Clans have Mongolian and Russian roots too, an accent could be taken from there?

#7 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

Yes I totally agree this is a must. Although I dont pilot Omni mechs, I like "Betty" so I think the clan mechs should have maybe a more stern "Betty" ai verbose computer. :) Only makes sense and would add yet more character to the Omni mechs. Although I do hope at some point here may be in game options for different ai voices inside the mech and also inside the mechbay.

#8 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, I never professionally voice acted in my life. Though somehow I can see myself actually doing the onboard male voice computer. It'd be somewhat reminiscent of the male voice you get in Heavy Gear. Though with some differences.

Some of my confidence comes from testing it out for myself. But also, just me not quite liking the growling voice they give to Clan Command. Not that it's bad, It does however, sound a bit garbled for my liking. I just feel as though there's room for improvement.

Edited by Livaria, 02 August 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#9 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:42 AM

I think the Clanner's voice is just adequate, sounding like a completely drug-fueled, psyched-out mongo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users