84 replies to this topic

#41 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

As a primarily IS player, I am okay with the changes to C-UAC. I used them pretty much on all my medium and above mechs in the past. The only issue I have with the change to .11 is the explosion spam is just horrible now. It is way, way worse than the IS version. Would love to see it reduced by a 3rd. It is almost as bad as the pre-adjustment shake of LRMS/AC from a year ago.

#42 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 June 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Pre-patch. 67% accuracy with CUAC5s. Post patch it is near 70% only after 2 days of playing. So there is definite difference. My 6xCUAC5 Whale overheats much, much faster now though... Full auto over 2 seconds of sustained fire is out of the question in Mordor.

Can't wait til the Black Jag is on sale for C-Bills. Triple CUAC5s on a high mount.

^^THIS...

I tried the chainfire/ then full auto scheme and it still overheats too much (4 or more = ghost heat)...even tried to macro the UACs... its just too much face time still on a Direwhale (to be honest though I"m still Eliting my 3 Dires... so they are not fully mastered)..

All my Clan mechs are C Bills purchased.. and will continue to be so.. because of how PGI's nerfs.

Triple mount high UAC/5s will be nice

#43 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 04 June 2015 - 02:30 AM, said:

I noticed that there is a hit registration is a problem. My UAC round flew straight through Mechs.

So I'm not going crazy then. I was noticing the same thing. Even said it during a match and people told me to learn to aim. Impossible to miss when 70m away and the other mech is not moving. The rounds just warped through the mech...

#44 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 04 June 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

I tried the UAC5, 10, and 20. The 10 and 20 are in a much better place. While it's still nearly impossible to land all your damage on a single component, it's much easier to land it all on the same mech.

The UAC5 was still pretty underwhelming when I paired them up on my MDD. I couldn't kill anything with it. I was blasting away at stripped armor and exposed components with no noticeable effect. A single UAC5 is going to be a joke still. After the 5 I didn't even bother with the 2. Just not worth the weight and space unless you can bring 4 or more.

I agree, I ran dual UAC5 on my Hellbringer. I do better with dual LBX5's (I just can't run full laser builds).

#45 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

UAC 2 &5 need to have shell counts dropped, UAC 2 should be 1 projectile and UAC 5 should be 2 projectiles. Not sure if i'm crazy but does the weapon cooldown on cUACs start AFTER the last shell has fired? CUAC20 and 10 seemed to be in a good place from my quick limited testing.

Another needed buff is to the LBXs, tighten up the spread OR halve the number of pellets and double their damage so that the critical multiplier really adds some fear of exposed internal mech seeing an LBX.

#46 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostH Seldon, on 04 June 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

I agree, I ran dual UAC5 on my Hellbringer. I do better with dual LBX5's (I just can't run full laser builds).

I like the dual UAC5 on the HBR for rocking their cockpit. It's pretty decent for suppressing, and now it's easier to hit targets further away.

#47 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 June 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

I notice I do a LOT of damage....but if the other guy is remotely competent, it's spread all to heck still.

This.

I don't think my accuracy has changed much, but hit registration seems to have improved significantly.

There are far too many variables involved to say anything conclusive, but my average damage in my quad CUAC/10 Dire Wolf has gone from 300-500 before the patch to 500-800 after. It's been quite a while since I've played it, though, so my play style has probably also become more conservative and who knows what else may have changed.

Still... CUACs feel better now. Useful. Actually worth taking instead of pure laser vomit.

#48 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

^^THIS...

I tried the chainfire/ then full auto scheme and it still overheats too much (4 or more = ghost heat)...even tried to macro the UACs... its just too much face time still on a Direwhale (to be honest though I"m still Eliting my 3 Dires... so they are not fully mastered)..

All my Clan mechs are C Bills purchased.. and will continue to be so.. because of how PGI's nerfs.

Triple mount high UAC/5s will be nice

Are you seriously complaining about nerfs after they just buffed the living **** out of clan autocannons? I never touched them before, now Im throwing UAC5s\10s\20s on all of my frontline omnis. They aren’t OP, but they are amazing. IDK Maybe mix your ballistics on your giggacannon dakkawolf?

Edited by LordBraxton, 04 June 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#49 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

For what it's worth, I swapped out the LBX20 on my Stormcrow and Adder and haven't looked back. I dare say they can legitimately be considered "burst-fire" now. Much better pinpoint accuracy (while still not being 100%) than they had before means they finally outclass the LBX equivalents in every way... Not sure that's a good thing or not, but there you have it.

Now what to do with these clan LBX20 range/cooldown modules...

#50 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostKassatsu, on 04 June 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

For what it's worth, I swapped out the LBX20 on my Stormcrow and Adder and haven't looked back. I dare say they can legitimately be considered "burst-fire" now. Much better pinpoint accuracy (while still not being 100%) than they had before means they finally outclass the LBX equivalents in every way... Not sure that's a good thing or not, but there you have it.

Now what to do with these clan LBX20 range/cooldown modules...

well, in most ways. On mechs with limited ammo, CUACs....seem a poor choice. I can get by with 3 tons per LB-10X on a mech. Same ammo on the UAC and it seems my bins are empty in no time, without anything really to show for it.

#51 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

When I ran my summoners with a UAC10 and 3 t of ammo I had to make sure to pick and save my ballistics shots and use the lasers to poke. Once I did that my damage numbers went way up.

#52 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

I found myself at the wrong end of the new UACs last night, only one that really scared me was the DireBoat... Brutal. Once we get used to it though, it'll be a good change. Still not the PP damage that ISACs are so I don't think they are OP.

#53 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Im with cygnus, the key to clan ballistics is the same as their lasers. Fire Discipline. I'll switch targets just to pick on the stationary idiots. When you have a clear shot, clan UACs are now one of the scariest weapons in the game. They perform INCREDIBLY in a stand up fight, and poke rather poorly. It fits clan style pretty well.

#54 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 June 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

My 6xCUAC5 Whale overheats much, much faster now though... Full auto over 2 seconds of sustained fire is out of the question in Mordor.

Here ya go, problem solved. ;)

Posted Image

No Ghost Heat and the new rapid-fire cadence makes it seriously deadly. Until it runs out of ammo. But hey, by then you've probably destroyed 3-4 enemies anyway, amirite?

#55 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 04 June 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

I'd be fine with that if they put the weight of the weapon and hardpoints to be equal to their IS counterparts and if the person firing the auto-cannon had recoil that would jiggle their aim so they have to reset after every shot.

Ummm, would they put "jiggle and recoil" on the IS AC's too, or no... omg!

#56 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

They are definitely better but still not particularly good. At lower levels of play this should make them fine and much more usable, but you're still not going to see cuacs common in meta decks.

I do find the buff better than I expected it to be though, so there is that.

Still, even with this buff the dakka whale is still a distinctly inferior Direwolf build. It'll get even better damage numbers, but dual gauss, lasers and more is still objectively stronger.

Not nearly as AWESOME DAKKA RAWR though. That's a good reason to rock dakkawhale builds :)

The biggest winners with this buff are, IMHO, the Stormcrow and Timberwolf. They've the tonnage and hard points to use them, and can't stack lasers well anymore.

#57 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

It makes quite a big difference from what I've seen so far. I've played a lot of CW since the patch and facing single or dual UAC5/10/20 is much more deadly now than before. Much harder to twist away fast enough.

I'd give it a month to settle, a lot of good players haven't ran the clan ACs while they were bad so the impact of this buff is going to increase as competent people settle in to using them again.

#58 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:22 AM

I thought the uac5/10 DW builds wrecked face before the buff, I've tried uac10's on a summoner and gargoyle, and kept them in favour of the gauss, while it hasn't got the range of gauss (obviously) I like the 10 for its flexibility more than the pin point of the gauss

#59 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:43 AM

I've only used the C-UAC20, but it seems much better now.

When Russ was talking about this buff, I tweeted that it would diminish the purpose of the LB-X ACs (instant fire), and normal ACs would still be lagging behind the UACs. Hopefully those things are on the radar...

#60 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

Personally, the 20 is better...but still not really where it should be, I think reducing the number of projectiles by 1 would do it....or a massive velocity buff.

The 10 is in a good spot at this point, though I think 1 less projectile would be good across the board for the UACs, the 10 is now at least workable.

The 5 and 2 really got almost nothing out of this deal, and the 2 is still terribad. The 5 was mediocre before, and now it is just a bit less mediocre. There are really only 2 scenarios where the 5 shines, the hellbie can do 2 CUAC5s + ERMLs well enough to pass, and of course, boated on the DW they are effective, though less than the quad UAC5 KGCs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users