Late Call For Oceanic Players Interested In Mrbc

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:26 AM

Isengrim has long had a small group of Australian players wanting to get involved in competition. the Upcoming MRBC is finally going to include an AsiaPacific Divison.

There are currently 4 teams signed up and we'd like to make a 5th.

Unfortunately our AU player base has dwindled and we cannot guarantee having 8 players available. (although i believe the rules allow other regions to play in our team)

So I am looking for 4 or more competitively minded Oceanic players to join for MRBC (and maybe join Isengrim for the long haul). Hopefully we can get enough interest to sign up before cutoff of 7th of June 2015 at 23:59 EDT.

Link to Recuriting thread for unit details :
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/136659-the-isengrim-competitive-free-rasalhague-republic-unit/
http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/36fk3t/official_recruitment_thread_spring_2015/crdosik
[1]

#2 Adsbom

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Home

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:31 AM

Hey Kamikaze,

One of your best bets might be to get into contact with the 256th, you can usually find them on the Comstar NA TS. Otherwise, you may have some luck with PHI who like ISEN have a larger NA division with a smaller Oceanic scene. Either way good luck and hope to see you in the league!

Cheers,
Ads

#3 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:05 AM

So, I'm the Isengrim's AP-TZ head. While Kamikaze is taking charge of the MRBC-AP team I felt you guys might like an idea at where our player base is at. These numbers are accurate as of last week, when I did the (unit wide) muster:

• We currently have fifteen Australian players.

• Six are currently active, with another five we know in RL to some degree and can get them to play if we have something on.

• Four of these are competitive, so we can make up half this inter-unit team.
...and that's the Isengrim AP TZ. While we've got the numbers to field a competitive team we didn't feel it was a good idea to field one with that many casual only players. While they are happy to help the with competitive play, it's only to help the unit. They aren't interested in playing competitive for it's own sake.

For anyone who is interested in this inter-unit team, no favouritism will be shown to Isengrim members over non-members. Those who can show up to practices and scrimmages regularly will take first preference.

So yeah, if you're interested feel free to PM me or Kamikaze Viking, post here or whatever to contact us.

#4 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostAdsbom, on 04 June 2015 - 03:31 AM, said:

Hey Kamikaze,

One of your best bets might be to get into contact with the 256th, you can usually find them on the Comstar NA TS. Otherwise, you may have some luck with PHI who like ISEN have a larger NA division with a smaller Oceanic scene. Either way good luck and hope to see you in the league!

Cheers,
Ads

Cheers I know the 256 Bear Cav guys but haven't played with them for a bit. I'll go chat with them on TS
And I've played against PHI a buttload. we'll see if they are interested.

#5 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

Kamikaze,
This week is Exam Hell for me, so I'm not actually online at all...
I'll ask my guys if any of them want to form up with you guys for the MRBC league to help you make the numbers.
Not quite sure if 5 Straits Settlement Pirates (5SSP) might be keen to help.

I'll be blunt and say that my own unit numbers have dropped a fair bit and real life issues with most of my guys means that I can get at best 2-3 players tops right now. I'll ask them and let you know.

#6 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

Ok I'm sorry to say that unless something changes drastically this afternoon.

Its not going to happen.

We've had a fair bit of interest but only really got 4 Solid YES players. (the original core aus Isen group)
4 'I can play as backups'. (casual and NA players)
and 4 'interested but haven't really said much' or problems with timing matches and work schedules (since we have a week from the matchup to arrange and play the games).

I cant sign up the team with that many Maybe's - it would just cause problems for the other teams and hurt the league.
PLEASE if we can have more solid YES's even 6 then we can probably fill the 8 + subs that we need.

#7 Mindwyrm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts
  • LocationIndiana USA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

So sad to see that Kamikaze. Was really looking forward to facing you guys.

#8 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hi guys,
Adsbom spoke to me the other day about MRBC for Oceanic as the Battle for Midway will be winding down soon and the MRBC League will more or less fill in that particular time slot.

Can I check what is the plan for the upcoming League in October? I'm seriously looking at putting together a mixed team from different units to take part.

#9 Adsbom

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Home

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:45 AM

Hey mr bear,

Sorry I didn't get to it sooner, there is a thread for MRBC Season 6 now:
http://mwomercs.com/...-mrbc-season-6/

Cheers,
Ads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users