Mechwarrior Online's Instagram! For Sneak Peeks And More!

70 replies to this topic

#1 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hey MechWarriors!

Check out our latest Instagram sneak peeks!
https://www.instagra...hwarrioronline/

[EDIT] The latest snap shot is of the Archer: https://www.instagra.../p/BCOJVlVDPq-/

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Tina.

#3 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

This is great!

Its not that I really didnt want an Instagram account...its that i have to add it to the pile of 30 accounts i have already for twitter, imgur, Wastebook, these forums, unit forums, email, email #2, work email, work stuff....

So this made life easier for me!

Thanks!

#4 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

sweet! that is almost as awesome as actually posting images on the forums!

#5 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Yay!

Consolidation!

#6 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

I can post the images fine but the videos can't be posted on the forums, so I'll have to link them.

#7 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:51 AM

Tina is there a reason why you don't want to post these on YouTube then link to them directly from this forum?

p/s I love that dynamic day night cycle!

#8 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:54 AM

That time of day module looks great. Any way we can get some details on how it works?

Also glad to see there will be a forum post for them too, not too interested in instagram (and I wish Russ would come back from Twitter :()

#9 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

day and night cycle - awesome

Looking forward to seeing that in game

#10 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

Better than nothing I suppose.

#11 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

Huzzah! You should lock that thread from us normal folk so the good posts don't get buried with memes and qq.

#12 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostmasCh, on 22 June 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Tina is there a reason why you don't want to post these on YouTube then link to them directly from this forum?

p/s I love that dynamic day night cycle!

Because these short videos are "over the Devs shoulder" type in-progress stuff. Not exactly official previews. We'd like to post these work-in-progress images and clips on Instagram for quick peeks at what some Devs might be working on or to share some funny bugs that have been caught for example. It's also a fun, quick and easy way for me to run around with my phone and grab something that a Dev is working on. Think of it more like a, behind the scenes at PGI!!
The official previews and sneak peeks will be in the upcoming Weekend Updates and Dev Vlog and Countdown though!

View Postcdlord, on 22 June 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

That time of day module looks great. Any way we can get some details on how it works?

Also glad to see there will be a forum post for them too, not too interested in instagram (and I wish Russ would come back from Twitter :()

The time of day cycle details! Here's how it will work..
Once you go into the new River City map, it will pick a random time for the start of a match; so you will start with either dawn, day, dusk or night.
And within 15 minutes in-game you will see 6 hours of real-time.
Basically, if you get a dusk start, after a 15 minute in the match it will be night. Or if you start dawn, in 15 minute it will be day!

Oh and fun fact: if you go into training grounds with the new river city, you can sit through the full time cycle.

#13 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 22 June 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Because these short videos are "over the Devs shoulder" type in-progress stuff. Not exactly official previews. We'd like to post these work-in-progress images and clips on Instagram for quick peeks at what some Devs might be working on or to share some funny bugs that have been caught for example. It's also a fun, quick and easy way for me to run around with my phone and grab something that a Dev is working on. Think of it more like a, behind the scenes at PGI!!
The official previews and sneak peeks will be in the upcoming Weekend Updates and Dev Vlog and Countdown though!

Once you go into the new River City map, it will pick a random time for the start of a match; so you will start with either dawn, day, dusk or night.
Basically, if you get a dusk start, after a 15 minute in the match it will be night. Or if you start dawn, in 15 minute it will be day!

Pure awesome! Looking forward to some MWO sunrises and sunsets. :D

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 22 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Hey MechWarriors!

Those of you who rather stay on forums and don't wish to follow Instagram, just come to this thread here: http://mwomercs.com/...o-on-instagram/

We'll post everything that goes up on Instagram there so you can stick to one place!

Insta-Forums? Forum-Grams?

#15 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostcSand, on 22 June 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

day and night cycle - awesome

Looking forward to seeing that in game

I does look awesome. I hope that the time lapse is not always related to server time however. Can you imagine being a late night player that always has to play the maps at night?

Nevermind. read the details. ;)

Edited by Soulscour, 22 June 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#16 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 22 June 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

sweet! that is almost as awesome as actually posting images on the forums!

I hope my snarkiness didn't overshadow my actual appreciation. I enjoy these peeks behind the scenes, good stuff!

Edited by Agent 0 Fortune, 22 June 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#17 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

Tina you may want to Pin this, :)

#18 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for this! I'm not much for social media. I've forgotten my twitter password at least 5 times.

#19 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:30 AM

Who would use Instagram? Pff..

#20 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:11 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 22 June 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Oh and fun fact: if you go into training grounds with the new river city, you can sit through the full time cycle.

Although the changing lighting conditions sound very cool ... it seems to me that it is a bit immersion breaking. MWO battles don't last 6 hours .. in that time there would likely be several skirmishes/encounters/engagements.

So a complete change of lighting over the duration of the match sounds like a bit much ... just one opinion though.

P.S. Thanks very much for adding Instagram links ... it sounds like a good work flow for sharing some inside content.

I don't have a twitter or instagram account, I am rarely on facebook but I use LinkedIn for professional reasons. As a result, all of the MWO content that gets dumped at various locations across the internet often never reaches me or others (particularly twitter ... which I generally consider pretty useless for any serious communications due to the 140 character limit ... twitter often seems like folks trying to come up with pithy sayings with little or no useful content) ... thanks for your efforts to put content on the actual game forums.

Edited by Mawai, 26 June 2015 - 04:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users