Mechwarrior Online's Instagram! For Sneak Peeks And More!

70 replies to this topic

#61 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

View PostAppogee, on 04 November 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

I have tried to be supportive and encouraging of Tina since she was appointed.

She is young and I think PGI were unreasonable giving her such a tough job.

However, as a customer of PGI, it's way past time that they gave the job of Community Manager to someone who actually cares enough to do it.

PGI doesn't want an active community manage though and that is exactly why super submissive Tina has the position. They don't want a community advocate who pushes for interaction and player satisfaction. Tina is perfect for what they want. She posts a few threads here and there and never stirs the pot.

#62 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

I would never judge PGI based on Tina. There are other, more vocal folks there who have a lot more responsibility. Tina and the devs that have streamed their work (model-makers, texture-creators, cockpit-designers, etc.) are an outstanding crew.. I, personally, believe 100% that Russ's announcement at Mech_Con on stage about a February deadline for FW stuff was terribly unprofessional (you don't call out your employees to hit a deadline live to 3000+ viewers and an in-person audience who paid hundreds of dollars to be present no matter who you are or how much you've had to drink). I don't judge a game by the people that rep it and work hard to make it when I can just play it for free. I do judge the company by the guy who runs it though.

#mytwocents

#63 The Cyberserker

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 22 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Hey MechWarriors!

Check out our latest Instagram sneak peeks!
https://www.instagra...hwarrioronline/

[EDIT] The latest snap shot is of the Archer: https://www.instagra.../p/BCOJVlVDPq-/

Why aren't they on your own forum? Why should we have to go to third party sites for info on your game?

#64 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

January 31 2018.

I see that they are keeping the Instagram updates coming steadily as usual.

#65 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:48 PM

January 2, 2020

Did they forget that they started this thread? Over 2 years between posts by any sort of admin, not that I'm surprised.

#66 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:45 AM

View PostThe Cyberserker, on 31 October 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Why aren't they on your own forum? Why should we have to go to third party sites for info on your game?

Because it's not as morally binding? not an official source?

#67 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:54 PM

Not Bragging, but I've done 3 of the last 4 posts in this post. The first on being in January 2018. Pre-Pre-Pandemic.

Holy pond hockey pucks.

Did I miss the "Tina doesn't work here (or for that matter anyone else) anymore" announcement?

#68 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:32 PM

Tina does indeed no longer work for PGI. I think there was some talk around the start of 2020 about it. You probably missed it.

#69 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 05:16 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 May 2021 - 10:32 PM, said:

Tina does indeed no longer work for PGI. I think there was some talk around the start of 2020 about it. You probably missed it.

the only people that still work for pgi are the onse that are there to collect the money grab atempts that is called MW5

#70 katoult

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 12:47 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 22 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

[EDIT] The latest snap shot is of the Archer: https://www.instagra.../p/BCOJVlVDPq-/

Out of interest a general question : What biome is that that was used for the Archer shot?

Presumably it's (new) Forest Colony, but that map only went public about two months after Tina's post in 2015 and there are in my opinion distinct differences in makeup. Was there an internal preliminary work version? Anyone remember if there was a PTS for it or some other preview back then?

#71 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 03:20 PM

:) TINAaaa, come baaack

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users