4 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHiding from the Maskirovka

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

"You have been chosen for this battalion because ultimately, you are already dead. The Clans have swept aside the Rasalhague military and have seized planets in Combine Space. You will not only stem this tide, you will reverse it. And I promise that every single one of you will die in the attempt."

The "Sho-sa" or Major walked up and down the line of Kuritan MechWarriors, disgust plain on his face. "You are NOT warriors. You are NOT soldiers. You are not even cannon-fodder." Stopping in front of a young woman, he suddenly back-handed her across the face, snapping her head back. The line of MechWarriors didn't flinch or even glance at the action. The woman who had been struck uttered not a sound, nor did she glare at her antagonist. Her eyes simply stared through him.

Leaning in close, the Sho-sa seemed to direct all his venom towards her, though his voice carried loud enough to be heard by everyone present. "You are yakuza, criminal scum...a DISEASE that festers in the underbelly of the Dragon. Were it not for the orders of the Gunji-no-Kanrei, who is the commander of the entire Combine military and the son of our glorious Coordinator I would have you all shot, curing the sickness the plagues our nation."

Turning on his heel, the Sho-sa marched out of the ready room, calling over his shoulder disdainfully. "Your Mechs are in the hangar, do with them what you will, I care not. You march out to face the Clans in 3 hours."

7 weeks later, the same Sho-sa stood on a DropShip landing pad stiff-lipped and burning with fury. Despite almost 97% casualties, the yakuza turned MechWarriors had not only defeated the Clan force they had been sent to intercept, they utterly destroyed it, a task the regular army had been unable to accomplish so far. Of special note was the unit's commander who had claimed several kills during the campaign.

The DropShip's Mech bay doors opened and the commander's Mech marched out. The sunlight hit it, and it took everything the Sho-sa had not to bellow with rage. Painted a sickly acidic green and covered with the universal symbol for disease and danger, the Wolverine-Q stood proud and undaunted, piloted by a certain female MechWarrior.

#2 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

Awesome history of the Quarantine. Makes me want to buy one.

#3 gritty181

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

I like it.

#4 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

It may not be canon, but this is still one of my favorite write-ups for a Hero Mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users