20 replies to this topic

#1 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:07 AM

Well, the oceanic servers are now live... alas. It's placed in singapore instead of Australia, which is better for those who live in more of the Asian side of earth but not that good for people out in the pacific area... Being in New Zealand, the Oceanic servers shaved 10 ping off my average.

It isn't really PGI who disappointed me. (although they should have just named it Asian server and not Oceanic...) but it's the bunch of people that have been saying that the Oceanic server would solve all my problems with internet and ping and such... still hovering at 220 to 242 ping on Oceanic server as It was in the US server with a slightly higher min. Well looks like I won't have any changes to my MW: O experience after all these server additions.... but I kind of got my hopes up. Kinda was hopping to finally play a game at 180 ping or less...

#2 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:12 AM

I'm in NZ and to be honest I was disappointed too, 232ms stable ping on NA servers, more like 240 on Oceanic.

#3 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

disappointed... I have only 4ms ping... I saw somebody in 5SSP with 2ms ping...

Posted Image

#4 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostMycrus, on 05 August 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

disappointed... I have only 4ms ping... I saw somebody in 5SSP with 2ms ping...

I am Happy !!

Posted Image

#5 Coo-ee

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

my ping has not change much at all, still getting around 290 ping on the oceanic sever

#6 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

This thread was mainly about New Zealand and East Australia and some countries that are actually in the ocean then in Asia or around it. However even more for the reason of the thread was disappoint as many people said it would have helped greatly.

Encase you didn't know. 8 ping or less difference when you are above 200 ping would be as noticeable as having a bowel of cereal with 2 less rings/ kernels/ buds/ balls/ puffs/ rice/ what ever. You don't notice it.

I can understand you guys in malaysia, china, india, NG', eastern australia, singapore, etc would love this new servers.
I am not saying that is bad or wrong.

But it's kinda a dream crusher to finally hear that you may play a game with less then 200 ping- hell maybe less then 100 ping. based on a 50/50 chance. and instead you got 8 ping less instead of 100 or 150 ping less. It's a bit of a bummer.

Edit: also due to a conversation about this earlier, it appears that apparently New Zealand isn't in oceania as far as most people is concerned... guess I'm an American now? Antarctican?

Edited by Nightshade24, 06 August 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#7 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:48 AM

Anything under 350 Ping is playable, MWO runs fine under 350 Ping.

400 Ping is when it starts to get hard.

#8 Daemoroth

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Could the guys with low latency please mention their location (Happy with Country/state) and provider? I'm in Sydney and getting a higher ping to Oceanic than I do to US servers (TPG fiber).

#9 DropBear

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGhost Bear Assault Corridor

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:26 AM

Gold Coast (Queensland) Australia here, using Telstra Cable. Averaging 130 ping which is an average of 150ms less than on the NA servers.

Of course that is when the OC server works and is not having a meltdown disconnecting everyone in a game. :wacko:

Edited by DropBear, 10 August 2015 - 01:29 AM.

#10 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostDropBear, on 10 August 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

Gold Coast (Queensland) Australia here, using Telstra Cable. Averaging 130 ping which is an average of 150ms less than on the NA servers.

Of course that is when the OC server works and is not having a meltdown disconnecting everyone in a game. :wacko:

had a funny one with daring on the new map.... it glitched out and the dropship didn't drop us and brought us home...

#11 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:23 AM

I have theory... Mb ppl with high ping just have trash internet? I"m have 75mb/s channell so have about 130 ping and about 40 at European. Well this is just theory you know...

#12 Daemoroth

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostNexano, on 10 August 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

I have theory... Mb ppl with high ping just have trash internet? I"m have 75mb/s channell so have about 130 ping and about 40 at European. Well this is just theory you know...

Not quite, I get 300+ to Oceanic and I'm on fiber (100/50mbps). My guess is it's routing, which relies on the ISP (Some will go to Asia via US, others might go directly via Guam/Japan/whichever is the quickest/etc submarine line).

*Edit: This is starting in Australia.

Edited by Daemoroth, 10 August 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#13 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:13 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 05 August 2015 - 03:07 AM, said:

Well, the oceanic servers are now live... alas. It's placed in singapore instead of Australia, which is better for those who live in more of the Asian side of earth but not that good for people out in the pacific area... Being in New Zealand, the Oceanic servers shaved 10 ping off my average.

It isn't really PGI who disappointed me. (although they should have just named it Asian server and not Oceanic...) but it's the bunch of people that have been saying that the Oceanic server would solve all my problems with internet and ping and such... still hovering at 220 to 242 ping on Oceanic server as It was in the US server with a slightly higher min. Well looks like I won't have any changes to my MW: O experience after all these server additions.... but I kind of got my hopes up. Kinda was hopping to finally play a game at 180 ping or less...

Nightshade how are you getting on now?

I just noticed tonight that my ping to the Oceanic servers is now 155ms, not sure what happened but somebody else with Orcon internet probably called them to see if they could optimise the routing.

#14 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:08 AM

View PostPskonejott, on 20 August 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

Nightshade how are you getting on now?

I just noticed tonight that my ping to the Oceanic servers is now 155ms, not sure what happened but somebody else with Orcon internet probably called them to see if they could optimise the routing.

it's a little better. But not by much.

Now it is 5 ping difference to the US server give or take. it kinda depends really. I look in the game to see my ping for all 3 servers (Europe always stays 300+ for me) but the US sometimes is lower by 8 or so ping, sometimes oceanic.

Maybe depends on the traphic and time of day?

#15 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

Ohhhh we have an Oceanic server now??? Might have to come back and try this game again.

#16 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 13 September 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Ohhhh we have an Oceanic server now??? Might have to come back and try this game again.

We don't.

We got an Asian server that is miss-labled. But no oceanic.

#17 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Close enough. If its anything like the Warthunder SA servers it should be either the same as the US ones and slightly better so either way, its all good. The ping to the US isnt that bad in this game anyways and the mechs arent fast moving enough to effect things much.

#18 Pskonejott

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

Well, from Auckland with orcon internet I get 235ms to the NA servers and 155ms to the Oceanic servers, so it is an improvement. With that being said I still just select both oceanic and NA servers though.

#19 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 14 September 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Close enough. If its anything like the Warthunder SA servers it should be either the same as the US ones and slightly better so either way, its all good. The ping to the US isnt that bad in this game anyways and the mechs arent fast moving enough to effect things much.

it's about the same, just more people play on oceanic (south asian) in MW: O more then WT.

From NZ at least, it's about more or less the same and sometimes alternates on which is lower.

If you are in aussie or east from NZ and slightly north then you would be better on the SA server

#20 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostPskonejott, on 14 September 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Well, from Auckland with orcon internet I get 235ms to the NA servers and 155ms to the Oceanic servers, so it is an improvement. With that being said I still just select both oceanic and NA servers though.

is the internet connection to south asia different to North island then south?

I get 242 to 230 ping for NA server but for the SA server I get 230 to 235-ish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users