Arctic Cheetah Needs A Nerf Of Nearly 7-10%

151 replies to this topic

#1 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

I saw how 2 arctic cheetah took out 6 other clanser...

THAT is too much for a light mech.

change hit reg on torso a bit higher.

Then all is on then.

Regards

#2 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

Then so do the Firestarters and Ravens LMAO. Us Clanners finally get a good light and you start calling for nerfs. Was wondering when the crying was gonna start!!

#3 Wayreth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

I disagree they are supposed to be harder to kill, clan after all.

#4 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

Bring a light hunter mech. Lots of fun right now.

#5 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostEugenics, on 05 August 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Bring a light hunter mech. Lots of fun right now.

especially when your streakcrow is locked down with 2 ecm from 2 cheaters

#6 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:54 PM

My single complaint with the cheater is that it seems to benefit from the jump jet hit-reg desync problem

#7 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:25 PM

My biggest complaint is I see less people trying to leg Lights and I am a Cheetah pilot.

#8 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 05 August 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

My biggest complaint is I see less people trying to leg Lights and I am a Cheetah pilot.

Well, there are more and more crybabies out there, who can't aim yet flood forums with tears.
Not to mention, that any light is going down in a sec without leg but...
I've seen just recently complaint about my Sh!tCat to be OP (!!!) when I managed to kill a spider just by leggin it :lol:

Edited by DuoAngel, 05 August 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#9 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:41 PM

Firestarters have already been doing this for ages now. If the Cheetah needs a nerf, so do the the Firestarters.

And let's not forget the Spiders, with their seemingly invincible ability to run through the entire enemy lineup and still come out in one piece. No one regards them as a serious threat only because their firepower sucks.

#10 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostCharlie Pohr, on 05 August 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

Firestarters have already been doing this for ages now. If the Cheetah needs a nerf, so do the the Firestarters.

And let's not forget the Spiders, with their seemingly invincible ability to run through the entire enemy lineup and still come out in one piece. No one regards them as a serious threat only because their firepower sucks.

Maybe if people would actually hit their mark, they wouldn't see a reason to complain about lights.

Aim better. Place your shots. Swipe legs. Be wary of lead-shooting and the effects of convergence.

#11 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostWayreth, on 05 August 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

I disagree they are supposed to be harder to kill, clan after all.

Harder to kill, yes. Impossible to kill? No.

For example, a few nights ago I was playing in my Urbie, and an Arctic Cheetah decided he wanted to play with me. So what does he do? He runs up and parks himself not 5m away from me. 5m. Being a rational person, I almost immediately evaluate the situation:
  • I can't outrun him, because Urbie.
  • He's loaded to the sixes with CERSPLs because Arctic Cheetah.
  • And I have three LLas (yes, that's right, three).
  • And according to all of the above, only one of us is walking away from the encounter.
So what do I do? I unload into his CT because that is literally my only hope of killing him before he kills me (I would have aimed for his cockpit but I haven't had the chance to figure out which part of the AC counts as the head, so that's a risky proposition even at point-blank range). I manage to get off two full sets of beams right into his CT. Math says that 6 * 9 (damage per LLas beam) is 54. Now, I'm no genius, but Arctic Cheetas can only sport 40 armor on thier CT, and only have 20 points of internal structure, so 54 damage should have at the very least taken out a massive chunk from his CT, if not outright killed him (if his armor distribution to the front was any less than 34 points). What I saw happen was his armor not dip below a deep yellow. implying I dealt anywhere from 15-20 damage.

Something is seriously not right with their hitboxes. Them and Firestarters. I can point my Urbie at literally any other 'Mech and inflict enough damage to run them off, or think twice before trying to pick a fight. The only other exception are Huginns, because they doesn't afraid of any Light (stupid streaks). Fixes the hitboxes and I have a feeling the number of complaints will drop by an appreciable amount.

#12 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:29 AM

Yes OP

I saw someone with a Kitfox get that many kills.
Mech must be overpowered/broken.
Nerf them all!
by 8%(ish)

Actually Volthorn I have noticed since the last patch (which included tweaks on duration weapon hit detection) that my large lasers have suffered a considerable decline in effectiveness vs everything- especially but not only light mechs (including the kitfox- evil $#^@ cheatmech that it is)

Edited by Wibbledtodeath, 06 August 2015 - 01:35 AM.

#13 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostVolthorne, on 06 August 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

For example, a few nights ago I was playing in my Urbie, and an Arctic Cheetah decided he wanted to play with me. So what does he do? He runs up and parks himself not 5m away from me.

possibly he simply overheated from all the jumps and firing

So what do I do? I unload into his CT because that is literally my only hope of killing him before he kills me (I would have aimed for his cockpit but I haven't had the chance to figure out which part of the AC counts as the head, so that's a risky proposition even at point-blank range). I manage to get off two full sets of beams right into his CT. Math says that 6 * 9 (damage per LLas beam) is 54.

meanwhile his leg it's just 28 + 14 = 42 hp
lights vs lights always aim for legs anyway, especially when vs a c-xl light

#14 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:16 AM

View PostSeelenlos, on 05 August 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

I saw how 2 arctic cheetah took out 6 other clanser...

THAT is too much for a light mech.

change hit reg on torso a bit higher.

Then all is on then.

Regards

teach the clanser to play properly? Anyone with proper playskilsls should eb able to do still some serious damage to the ACH, so killing 6 of them would require 6 people failing to do damage.

So one situation is no a proof of a mech being OP, we aleady saw lolcusts doing so as well.

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 05 August 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

especially when your streakcrow is locked down with 2 ecm from 2 cheaters

Noob detector on full scale. Seriously, use srm's no one needs wait to lick to random spread on component msisiles.

also if your scr would have a tag in its had it would give 0 f's about it. So you just did it wronf when your streakcrow couldn't handle it.

View PostVolthorne, on 06 August 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

• I can't outrun him, because Urbie.
  • He's loaded to the sixes with CERSPLs because Arctic Cheetah.
  • And I have three LLas (yes, that's right, three).
  • And according to all of the above, only one of us is walking away from the encounter.

thats the entire issue, if you bring 3 LL no matter in what mehc, you will always be main pray for such a light. because you are heavily heta inefficient with such a laodout.

In this case, if you expect many ACH either do not bring the mech, or play correctly with the team so you have support vs them. But in Puglans, brinign such a mech is just a random death sentency to ANY laser harrassing light because getting the team to watch for you hardly happening.

But at no point is this the ACH fault or a balance issue, it was your choice to bring a mech with a clear weakness and so you have to deal with trying to avoid trapping into it.

Nerf guns because I brought a knife to a gunfight.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 August 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#15 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:33 AM

View PostThrudvangar, on 06 August 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

Arctic Cheetah = ******* noob mech.... roflcopter with your head over your keaboard and just avoid getting killed by 5+ mechs but kill two of em... yeah its a balanced little mech and absolutely nothings wrong with it... lol

What about hitting his ct with different kinds of weapons and his right arm takes the damage?
What about that half of the team unloading their whole firepower into that ***** within a 200m range and this *******
just don't explode but killing two of the team... while he's the last one from his team.. and, of course covered by all this ecm overload ****.

I hate fighting spiders and firestartes because of their hitboxes, perfect noobmechs to run through the whole enemy team without getting shot apart but THIS little cheater mech is by far worse than everything else...

it's not cheating more than the FS9 and tbh in the encounters I had it ded as quick or hard as FS9's

#16 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 August 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

Noob detector on full scale. Seriously, use srm's no one needs wait to lick to random spread on component msisiles.

i need ><
srms have way lower range and are also less fun and allow less tricks with them
if anything the closest to streaks it's imo wub crow with 5 mpl

also if your scr would have a tag in its had it would give 0 f's about it. So you just did it wronf when your streakcrow couldn't handle it.

eh... you clearly don't have any personal experience with it

tag doesn't work inside ecm bubble; that's why streakboats always run cap, sometimes together with tag for faster locks from a longer distance, but never run only tag

so it cannot save you from double ecm, you should either break the distance or use an uav and hope for better

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 06 August 2015 - 02:44 AM.

#17 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:16 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 06 August 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

i need ><

Sry if you can't handle srm's properly, But you shoudl lern it it is far superior to the wubcrow, But it requires aim and knowledge to use fire and forget wepaons properly. And if you dedicated want to counter lights, you should better consider 6 CERSML because the 5 wubs run way to hot for their tonnage to make a sustained firefight and damaging a twisting and moving light properly enough

if you can't beat ACH with this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5dd645a2abb6b8c

if you got some skill ues this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ecc7891af9b899e

and you can wreck them even easier because you can deliver damage better distributed with the srm's and the mech even runs cooler. and you are not lock dependend.

tag doesn't work inside ecm bubble; that's why streakboats always run cap, sometimes together with tag for faster locks from a longer distance, but never run only tag

so it cannot save you from double ecm, you should either break the distance or use an uav and hope for better

cap and tag should break the bubble, because cap counters an ecm and the tag shoul counter the other.if not probably a bug that should be reported.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 August 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#18 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 06 August 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

cap and tag should break the bubble, because cap counters an ecm and the tag shoul counter the other.if not probably a bug that should be reported.

not a bug, was so since 2012 see https://www.google.r...=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.reddit.co...51yov/tag_ssrm/

#19 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

i need ><

No, but if the rest of the people on your team were running active probes for any number of other reasons to bring it, you wouldn't have that problem. Multiple active probes shut down multiple ECM.

Shame those trial mechs don't come with it.

#20 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:48 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 06 August 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

this is the case WITHIN the ECM, meaning WITHIN 180m, but then you complained about srm's having not enough range. So how about using 6 CERSL? because in this situation where tag does not work it means CERSL range is available.
also if you drop ssrms fo srms you will also not run into those problems.

All the whine again comes from problematic situations people run into and want to be "fixed" while the only fix they need is to use a better loadout.

loadout lazyness is the reason why so many suck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users