Please Stop Using Xsolla

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Xsolla is annoying (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Isn't it?

1. Yes (53 votes [66.25%])

Percentage of vote: 66.25%

2. No (27 votes [33.75%])

Percentage of vote: 33.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

I am seriously at my wits' end with this payment system. >50% of the time, it DOES NOT process. In the remaining 1-49% of cases, it takes well over two hours to process a payment that does somehow manage to clear its impenetrable anti-processing net. This system is frustrating and it's why you don't get much money from me anymore. I have tried credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, PayPal, pretty much everything and every single one has the same result: having to sit here fighting with a system designed to take money (something PGI wants) in exchange for things I want, to the end result that neither party gets what they want.

PLEASE revert to the old system. It was fast, it was reliable, it didn't make me want to never spend money on this game again purely due to how much of a chore doing so is.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

I haven't had any problems with it - then, I haven't bought much recently...

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

There are many reasons why you could be having issues with Xsolla. I have made 4 purchases and no issue, items/funds show up immediately. And I am located in the States.

Question first, how times have you used it for purchases? Not the number of attempts per but an actual purchase? When your purchase has failed, has there been conflicting information, ie ccc or bank saying the a purchase has been approved, which will show up as a pending purchase?

http://www.webtraffi...r-approved-bank

Every once in a while customers call us at Kiddie Toys, and tell us that they are seeing "unauthorized" credit card charge(s) on their bank account. Customers attempt to place an order online, and the credit card declines for some reason but the bank account shows that the charge went through. We look up our payment gateway and see multiple "declined" transactions. Customers ask us to remove the charge(s) for those transactions that were never approved on our end. So, here is the customer's question and the merchant's response.

Q. I have tried to purchase an item online, but my credit card was declined. However, when I call my bank they are telling me the charge when through. My credit card company tells me that your company double charged my credit card, and you're telling me the order didn't go through. I trust my bank, so please remove the charge(s) from my bank.

A. The answer is both the merchant and the bank are right!. You're credit card charge has been declined from merchant's perspective, but the charge went through from buyer's perspective. It is the way how the banks operate, so it's not your fault nor merchant's fault. The merchant cannot remove the charge, so please do NOT ask merchant to remove this charge. The charge will be on "pending" state, and the money will never be taken out of your credit card account but the reserve will be put aside so it will reduce your credit limit until the transaction clears on it's own within 2-5 business days. The bank will say "ask the merchant to call in to cancel this transaction", but the merchant CANNOT call in on your behalf as the credit card companies will not share account information with non-account holders such as the merchant.

To understand why this is happening, you'll have to understand how credit card transactions are processed. For full explanation, please read the Credit Card Processing Diagram with explanation below.

1. When a buyer commits an order, the credit card transaction goes to the payment gateway provider such as Authorize.Net and forwards the transaction to Merchant Bank's Processor.

2. The information is then sent to your bank ("issuing bank"), and your bank will either approve or decline the transaction based on customer's available funds. If transaction is declined by your bank, the transaction stops and there is NO problem. The customer's bank account will show transaction declined and so does the merchant's processor so there is no reason to argue with the merchant or bank.

3. If the transaction is approved by your bank, now the transaction is once again go through a security check by the payment gateway company with billing information sent by the issuing bank. If customer entered address, zip code and card code do not match with the credit card billing information provided by the issuing bank, the payment gateway may decline the transaction based upon merchant's fraud security settings. This is the reason why your bank says it's approved, and your merchant says declined -- and, they are both right!! Your bank approved the transaction, but the payment processor declined the transaction.

To conclude, the net result of transaction status is a failure as the payment processor declined the transaction even though your bank approved it. This transaction will NOT show up on your credit card statement as it is declined by the payment processor. To your bank, they'll see this transaction as approved and will temporarily hold ("reserve") this money until the payment processor claims the money (which will never do as it declined the transaction), or a specific time elapses with no action from the payment processor which then releases the reserve. The time it will take to release the fund varies from banks to banks, and it could take anywhere from 2-7 business days.

The reason for multiple "approved" transactions on your bank account may be due to multiple attempts on your part to submit the order when the payment processor declined the previous transaction.

Why would payment gateway company scan a security check and decline the transaction when the issuing bank already approved the transaction? Credit card fraud is one of the fastest growing crimes as more and more people are buying products and services online. When fraud occurs, the banks get their money back from the merchant and the customers get their money back from the banks (with a bit of hassle). It is the merchant who will lose money on fraudulent transactions. To protect merchants and buyers, payment gateway providers implemented additional security check to prevent "possible" fraud.

Note: You may reproduce and distribute contents of this article provided that you give a full credit to the author ("Scott Seong"), and provide a backlink to this page from your webpage. The content shown below is borrowed from Authorize.Net, and we do not have an authority to grant permission to redistribute it's content.

Credit Card Transaction Workflow Diagram
Source: Authorize.Net

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 September 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#4 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:45 AM

looks like INDIA trash, but no problem with it so far.

#5 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:44 AM

Bitcoin payment please.

#6 QuulDrah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAachen

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:05 AM

no complaints here. works as intended. (using regular paypal)

#7 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

I have never ever had problems with Xsolla.

In fact, they are the best payment platform I have ever used for an online game. THE BEST
The response is instant. After a purchase I Alt-Tab back to MWO and the new MC is already sitting there!
The also save my credit card details (minus the security code) so I never have to re-type all that junk over and over.

One very important feature that Xsolla offers is the ability to choose currency. In some countries, the banks do not allow international purchases in the country's local currency (due to some kind of legal restriction with currency exchange).
With my international credit card, I can just click "USD" and it's done... No problem.
My bank automatically charges me for the currency exchange on my credit card bill, which is a term and condition I accepted when I got the card.

I'm guessing this is a problem that does not exist for U.S. players lol

#8 Heartless Saint

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

I haven't had any problems with the system. Sounds like it is your internet/area/company is not working well with system. PGI may just need to get everyone that is having a problem and report it to Xsolla to solve your problems.

#9 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

Zero issues. xsolla works fine over here. i prefer it over the last one.

#10 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

They suggested I use a 30$ GameStop card to attempt to buy 15$ of MC and forfeit the rest. lol Yea right.. thats a fair deal for back ally MC purchases off some shady guy in a long coat and dark glasses. Very disappointed in their advertised function vs the actual available outcome.

#11 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

Let's not forget that PGI still hasn't fixed the ability to use Paypal Smart Connect or Paypal Credit for payments through this junk payment system. It's been a year or so now.

#12 Fiachain

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUnity City

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

It's a terrible system, especially if you are trying to buy multiple things like the what PGI is doing with Marauder/Warhammer/Rifleman/Archer/Kodiak packages, where you buy the package you want, then you buy the hero. Almost everytime I tried to make a second purchase after the first one it was unable to process and it would lock my card out. I would have to contact the customer service to unlock it, wait, and finally try the purchase again.

This kind of problem certainly factors in to whether I make a purchase or not based on how badly I want the item, but hey, at least it's helping me save money.

#13 Pilotshark

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUnder heavy enemy fire

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

Have had problems the last multiple purchases. I Never had any major problem that wasn't easily overcome until this Xsolla garbage was introduced. Makes me not want to spend money specifically because of it.

#14 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

I have problem with Xsolla, that is exchange overhead.

Seriously. I'm paying 5-7 PLN more than I should normally pay in exchange. Instead of paying (for example) 10 bux for TSP, I'm paying around 11 bux. Of course if I exchange money in Revolut (more appropiate option for me atm), I'm paying clean 10 bux, although I also have ability to pay in GBP and EUR, but I don't recall now if overhead affects these currencies as well.

Anyway - I'm now only using Revolut card to bypass this crap.

#15 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 October 2023 - 06:59 AM

Made a little over half a dozen of payments, not a lot, but no issues either.

#16 A Child of Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 11:56 PM

I have made payments for MWO since I started playing heavily in '16, never had a problem. Hundreds, even thousands of dollars spent on MWO with Xsolla with no issues. Only "issue" has been the occasional instance of the "account injection" occurring at 30m marks relative to the hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users